Major in CS

>major in CS
>not a single course about computer games or game engines
>even though they are some of the most sophisticated computer software written today

Attached: 1528676654165.png (579x450, 380K)

t. millennial boomer

Attached: E41B27A2-DA23-4175-A947-8E9620963861.png (750x500, 41K)

Because they are proprietary and constantly changing what is in fashion. Better to learn a fundamental that will never change. Plus not like their isn't degree specfically in game desing/programming.

Computer Engineering student here, we have a class on that, called Graphics.
Known to be one of the hardest classes, since you need linear algebra, physics, c++.

If you develop your own it isnt proprietary.

They have nothing new compared to what you study. Would you like a course on ms office as well?

that's why you take computer graphics and linear algebra courses, retard.

>Better to learn a fundamental that will never change.
It's called Doom, Quake and Quake 3.
Perfect for learning about a fuckload of areas of computer science, like networking and 3D graphics, as well as working with weak systems.

My school had a required course in graphics and several you could use as electives, including stuff like a class on the Xbox architecture and shit

You good to learn about programming?

What do you mean, do you not have linear algebra and analytic geometry first year?

He probably thinks only a pajeet class teaching him to use Unreal Engine (which he could be doing on a tutorial online) would be a real "vidya gaem" course.

College teaches you the fundamentals, you are on your own learning current tools and programs.

that's because it's engineering, not science

>I have no idea what a boomer is
Gen z trash get out

Attached: stop_posting.jpg (520x391, 43K)

Use the knowledge you should have gained from your major to write your own.

>the joke
>your head

>He probably thinks only a pajeet class teaching him to use Unity Engine (which he could be doing on a tutorial online) would be a real "vidya gaem" course.
ftfy

Lurk more

I studied "computer game development" in an university (of applied sciences) / polytechnic way back when in a Nordic country. AMA.

Even Unreal can have pajeets. They only have more room to mess up.

It's not a good joke, if it's even a joke at all

Where did you major that had no linear algebra or numerical methods? No data structures?

>t.21 year old boomer

>pajeet

Why are you racist?

Sorry, I didn't realize it was inappropriate here. I will move back to Jow Forums where I came from and belong.

>>r3ddit

Damn I wish I were good enough in counter strike to major in it.

> t. 80 year old gen Z

everybody in the thread is talking shit but honestly I agree it's a topic that could be explored more in CS. that being said it's too broad of a topic to really go through comprehensively. there are schools dedicated to graphics programming, usually expensive af

Games are a very interesting subject if you're looking at the concepts that go into an engine. They're a very brainlet subject if you're just learning to use an engine.

One of the breakthroughs you need to understand about game engines is that you have to have a tick for everything. The standard "game loop" has to have ticks for netcode and physics. And 3D graphics need to be essentially thought about as vector graphics in most scenarios, for convenience.

you realize he isn't asking about how to use existing engines right? y'all'st be retarded. i bet none of you can even write a basic engine

The can't teach video game development. Only a few gifted individuals are born with the knowledge and talent.

I just find games to be a boring use of programming. Almost every other application of CS is at least somewhat interesting, but video games are just a load of effort for something that will eventually inspire boredom in its players.

They have intro to video game programming dumbass but you're better off messing with unity on your own time due to having more than 5 months

Rename "video games" to "interactive graphics and sound" and you have a wide field of study

>Newfag spotted

t. 12 year old silent generation

True

Drop out and learn by yourself then.
But since you are too lazy you would have never succeeded anyway, so just end your life.

Yeah man because 90% of CS isn't just making shitty forms for big businesses to use and GUIs so retarded a drop out highschooler can do the job.

We had a ton of math on ours. Lots of topology in how our proff did it. The programming was the easy part, once you'd gotten through the math.

This meme makes me sad.

>I have no idea what a meme is