Yandere Simulator code

Hey guys, look, a 4500 line update function made up of if statements

pastebin.com/raw/cu9gDj5Z

Attached: tumblr_inline_ofldclHlCb1tnn4u2_1280.png (757x604, 200K)

Other urls found in this thread:

yanderedev.wordpress.com/2018/06/10/hey-whatever-happened-with-that-whole-tinybuild-thing/
joelonsoftware.com/2000/04/06/things-you-should-never-do-part-i/
reddit.com/r/yandere_simulator/comments/5unvv4/yandere_simulator_in_c_1_hour_project
reddit.com/r/yandere_simulator/comments/7qc6ox/openyandere_an_opensource_community_rewrite_of/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: 1529234811802.jpg (828x801, 102K)

Attached: 1529234871101.png (828x801, 135K)

What does Jow Forums think of yanderedev? /v/ knows he's an absolute joke and a con artist to boot

Sssh, no personal drama. Only code now.

Attached: 1528483206674.png (641x883, 37K)

I don't get it. When I see I am making this kind of code monstrosity the first thing I consider is that I fucked up something and I could most probably cut it down to something faster and cleaner, and I am doubly motivated to find a better way because it's pain for myself to read.

Meanwhile this guy gets the code cleaned up by some hired code monkeys and then reverses it because he couldn't be assed to find himself in the new code and prefers just adding more ifs

Attached: where were're going, we don't need state machines.png (650x191, 16K)

monads would solve his problem

lol he lost the gig with tinybuild. What you see is him making modifications to what the tinybuild dude that used a JS to C# converter did.

Is yandere even a good fetish?

He has made a game that some people play and enjoy. The game might be buggy and unfinished, but that's still way bigger of an accomplishment than 99% of Jow Forums has ever done

yanderedev.wordpress.com/2018/06/10/hey-whatever-happened-with-that-whole-tinybuild-thing/
What would you have done, Jow Forums? Would you choose to rewrite a project and potentially lose customers, or keep working on its shitty codebase while keeping customers happy?

Attached: 41.png (112x112, 14K)

rewrite the game for sure, not even a question. Yandere sim fans are autistic af and they accepted slow work with the excuse of muh emails, they would accept a rewrite

Attached: 1507520251738.jpg (1080x1080, 774K)

I wouldn't call him a con artist but I'd say he's very very very incompetent
Also
>my jobs was to make a working prototype fast as possible
He literally admitted it

If pube gee taught me anything is that if nobody can play your game then it's not worth shit
Definitely rewrite in a proper language
And possibly have Alex not code ever again

evaxephon, aren't you banned from Jow Forums?

I would actually learn how to program before setting out with an ambitious idea. And choose C#.

>still way bigger of an accomplishment than 99% of Jow Forums has ever done
That includes you, bootlicking fanboy.

>hurr durr, what is a switch statement
>what are early returns
>what are boolean operators

Attached: e09.png (645x729, 69K)

Should he obfuscate the game ?

>tfw no yandere gf

>obfuscate the game
You mean he didn't already? No one besides him is able to make edits to it.

Had he programmed in real language, he wouldn't have this problem.

Disassembling Cocos2d-x android game is a pain in the ass.

>Had he programmed in real language, he wouldn't have this problem.
C# wouldn't have magically fixed his inability to program. It's possible to write shitty code like , and in any language.

"There is not now, nor has there ever been, nor will there ever be, any programming language in which it is the least bit difficult to write bad code."

Who CardiganScript here

Attached: clapping-hands-sign_1f44f.png (240x240, 9K)

Why was this game not implemented as a state machine?
Seriously, why not?
OMG. This is an if(if(if(if( ... )))) nightmare.

oh god

but a rewrite would mean that the game never gets finished
joelonsoftware.com/2000/04/06/things-you-should-never-do-part-i/

>muh reel language

Haha u mad bro? I'm cashing in on 4000 bucks on patreon playing video games all day, meanwhile you slave away fulltime for shit pay. I'm infinitely better than you and I get all the fan girls!

Attached: 250a374aef472504eb351c9f7f13cb36.jpg (856x642, 58K)

"If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid"

Have to start somewhere I suppose but I wouldn't work with the guy till he learns to clean up his shit

The more content added the worse this will get.

what the fuck senpai

>but a rewrite would mean that the game never gets finished
Not doing a rewrite means the exact same thing given how much time it takes him to make changes rn. If he had a competent programmer working with him from the start, this whole situation could have been avoided. Having a programmer from tinyBuild refactor the code piece by piece was the right choice. What I don't understand is why he wanted to implement new features himself after the partnership has started instead of delegating that to him. Or even hiring another one to work in team with that one to both refactor the game and make updates at the same time. And if adding new features at the same time and refactoring was impossible for some reason, the right choice would have been for the programmer to be given those six months during which no new stuff would be added and only code refactoring would take place. Of course that was impossible because of his vaporware early access business model, and here we've got to the heart of the issue...

But that's the problem. It's barely working. Bugs without end and the performance is abysmal. Constantly running less than 30 fps with dips down to 8 fps in fights is unacceptable.

well managing a project with multiple programmers is harder than not writing a spaghetti of if statements, so if someone can't do the latter then I don't see why they should be able to do the former

nigga took 6 months to do what some rando could do in C+ in an hour because of muh emails and adding easter eggs, the game's not getting done anyway, esp when one of his goals before release is to have it run at a constant 60 fps when it can barely hit 40. The article you linked assumes that the old code wasnt written by a retarded weeb, it doesn't apply

Attached: 20637824_706473326229650_2854738473492479205_n.png (647x506, 316K)

>nigga took 6 months to do what some rando could do in C+ in an hour
nodev detected, stopped reading there

i actually run some of my code parsing shit through yandere sim source as a test case
i've heard the man doesn't believe in version control

Then just hire one full-time to do both.

This is actually my first time looking into Yandre Simulator. I've known it existed but never really checked it out until this thread. Just checked out the dude's website. Guy's got problems. So much whining.

nibba someone already did it, he took down everything for some reason though

reddit.com/r/yandere_simulator/comments/5unvv4/yandere_simulator_in_c_1_hour_project

reddit.com/r/yandere_simulator/comments/7qc6ox/openyandere_an_opensource_community_rewrite_of/

He should stop adding features and just utilize the features for a part 2.

If you think this moron is bad just think about the pajeet tier code that goes into most applications that you don't see.

But is it unit tested?

>burn the body
What did Ayano mean by this? Am I okay to pour gasoline to her body and burn her entire body?

Wtf I bet he doesn't know what 'and' operator actually is

that's decompiled c# to be fair

It is just as important where you burn the body as it is how. You need to reduce it to nothing but unrecognizable dust, and you need to do so in a way that no one will know you're doing it.

What does this update.

I remember when he made a video complaining about not being able to work on the game because it was taking him like a minute to compile all the code he had in a single file, can't believe people give money to this retard

Keep working of course, because m-my game will literally die forever if I take a few months to make the project viable in the long run, r-right?

B-BUSYWORK HAS NO ACTUAL IMPACT ON THE GAME!!!

A SINGLE

FUCKING

FILE

Also
> what are enums

that's why they call it single object oriented programming.

He needs to do a rewrite if he wants to save time in the long run

>all those lines on his head, like a lays potato chip

That's bizarre. He seems such a rational and methodical person in his videos, and yet he's capable of producing (and maintaining!) such an awful mass of spaghetti.
Oh well. I hope a quality youtube video will be made to analyze the whole trainwreck.

write tests and refactor shit over time.

That's just data in code, it's shorter this way probably, less organized and hard to change sure.

It's astonishing actually that he can maintain that mess. He's not stupid, just too lazy to do it right.

Attached: IMG_20180616_194215~01.jpg (1152x1086, 197K)

>what are enums
Even i figured them out quickly and i'm not that bright

>Why was this game not implemented as a state machine?
and how would implement a state machine ?