Linux wont BOOT

Tried a bunch of Loonics distros and none of them want to boot on this old HP desktop.

Up until today none of them gave me an error message, they would just freeze on a loading OS icon.

Now what does this mean and how do you fix? Changing my bios is not an option!

Attached: loonix.jpg (806x378, 168K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jhshi.me/2015/11/14/acpi-error-method-parseexecution-failed-_gpe_l6f/index.html#.WyZyW3XwZhE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you sound gay

here let me spend two seconds on google for you:

jhshi.me/2015/11/14/acpi-error-method-parseexecution-failed-_gpe_l6f/index.html#.WyZyW3XwZhE

>solution is echoing a thing into a file
>he can't even fucking boot to begin with
wow so helpful!

#JustLinuxThings

Attached: faggot.jpg (600x476, 43K)

if you can access the bios, can you change to ide?

if you can't figure out how to change your boot options maybe you should just install windows 10 you fucking childmind

You need to use a certain setting on rufus, check MBR

It's a SATA connected drive. Windows boots just fine but Linux can't for some reason.

You're not gonna get more people on Linux with that attitude.
>inb4 "good, I don't want normies anyway"
more normies on Linux means more support for it from companies, because they'll realize there's an actual market there.

Actually I can boot, but once I click the "Install OS" option in the boot menu, shit freezes.

Bro it's a rufus problem. Are you sure you're using an iso and making it boot MBR

I have an afternoon to waste. Do you have discord? I'll help you

which distro are you trying to boot? can you press tab if you're using ubuntu and disable some of the settings?

I can boot into the OS where it gives me the option to install without trying or install, but then if I click either one it freezes. This happens with every distro.

very likely that it's a bug with your specific disk setup, i remember experiencing a lot of problems myself with linux until i was able to change the mode in the bios to ide (doesn't seem to be possible for you?)

Chroot into the installation man

any other os work fine?

Install gentoo

>You're not gonna get more people on Linux with that attitude.
what is it my job to evangelize linux? i don't give a fuck what you use.

>more normies on Linux means more support for it from companies, because they'll realize there's an actual market there.

it's got plenty of support already where it matters--which isn't end-user desktops.

im not OP but protecting people from the botnet is not something that should have an elitist outlook

Messing with BIOS is not an option. This HP desktop is one of those with dedicated shittty gpu and double DVI ports that are blocked off. It was a pain in the ass to enable the igpu and get the dvi ports to work.

Latest KDE neon user edition. I can do two things. One is boot from USB drive, blick nothing, letting it run and it'll boot up to the logo and freeze. The other is click something immediately (it asks for click to boot from USB for a split second) then boot into the bootloader with all the settings... I click any option and it'll at least give me that error that I posted in the OP but then it'll also freeze.

Windows works fine.

we probably can't help you. you might have to either boot off a different medium or install something else. you might succeed with a distro like alpine/slack/gentoo or even another operating system with similarities ie one of the bsds.

not sure what this process is like for linux but if things are failing after a period, maybe you could load a bootloader from a cd (what you have already if it boots grub - google the screenshots - is fine) and attempt to boot using that off of the actual installer on a usb?

That message is not what keeps you from doing whatever you want to do.
I have the same message on boot on my workstation no matter which Linux distro I use, but everything else works fine.

>we probably can't help you

i thought this place had linux experts