Why are GPU prices still high?

The profitability of Bitcoin mining is over. The hording has ended. Why are the prices still high?

Attached: HMMM.png (1080x1920, 1.29M)

The lack of self-awareness is astounding. How do people live in such bubbles of stupidity?

Because people with their shit together have their shit together because they don't associate with the kind of god damn retards who can't spell, don't have the foresight or intelligence to choose their partners correctly, don't have the wisdom to choose who they will have a child with which is a showcase of a lack of dependability even on the most core fucking life-long responsibilities. Most importantly, people who have their shit together don't seek relationships VIA THE FUCKING INTERNET YOU STUPID FUCKING BITCH.

Attached: Crusader.jpg (540x539, 21K)

Burn the coal dumb bitch.

Gpu prices are going down.

The xfx rx 580 8gb i am looking at the past months has goten from 450 euros to 293 right now.
It's msrp was $250 so this translates to 250 euros (includes tax and import fees at msrp)
$1 to 1€ when we talk about electronics in e.u.

who knows who cares

>26yo
Yuck

Even better
>26yo
>looks 35 and more in the face

Because of "muh roi". These retards who bought $50k worth of gpu's/mining hardware think their used cards are still worth anything close to what they paid for them, so they are putting them on sites like ebay for insanely overvalued prices. Other people see this and go "oh this must be what the market is dictating right now" and list their cards at similar prices. You ever notice how the same gpu bundles for like $20k-$50k sit for days/weeks at a time without ever actually selling? These idiots are literally panicking and trying to recoup as much of their losses as possible so they don't have to sell their homes

Because they already paid off their initial investment and are only competing with electricity. Some people run off purely solar power.

Ignorance is bliss

DEUS VULT!

>make op about something that arguably belongs on Jow Forums, but posts an image that is guaranteed replies

Congrats on derailing your own thread before it even started OP

never underestimate the power of Americlaps

>implying it's just limited to Americans
European cognitive dissonance is astounding

I'd hit it.

>all this asspain every time a picture of a white woman with an oreo kid is posted

>The profitability of Bitcoin mining is over. The hording has ended. Why are the prices still high?

because it's a shit """currency""" that is inherently deflationary.

To be more accurate it is limited to Anglocuck genes (United Cuckdom, United States of Americuck, Asustralocuckistan, Canadcuckistan), with the addition of Dutchcucks, Gaulstink, Belgiumcucks, West German cucks, and for some reason Swedecucks even though they weren't involved in colonization. Italians have stopped giving a fuck.
That's 600 million people belonging to the ideology of Cuckism in total, out of 7.7 billion by today's stats.
The remainder - 7 billion people, which includes the majority of Europe excluding the aforementioned groups, doesn't have any responsibility or obligation towards niggers or western white whores (leading feminists) nor their politics and ideas.
There, i put some context with numbers.

Me too. With a hammer.

God I wish I was her, imagine all the BBC she took.

Attached: 1507784579744.png (500x281, 111K)

>Bitcoin mining
I love how so many people are stupid and or ignorant enough to think that GPUs are used for bitcoin mining.
Mining Bitcoin with GPUs hasn't been profitable for what, 5 years at this point? Maybe 4 if you only start counting from when ASICs where introduced, but we had FPGAs before that.

Only altcoins, and not even all of them, are mined with GPUs. The hype has died and the get-rich quick idiots are gone, but don't think for a second that it's not profitable anymore. You can make 50$ per month on a 1070 now I believe.

And miners, intelligent miners that is, are not short term thinkers. They will hold part of the coins they mine, because they know their value will increase, or they'll sell the shitcoins for Bitcoin and hold that. If you consider how much it'll rise in value, 50$ now might as well be 500$ in one year. And the per-day profitability itself also increases when prices rise of course.

If you have a 1050 or above and you're not mining with, you are throwing money away. Even if your electricity is 25 cents per kilowatt.
I'm not even saying now is a good time to buy GPUs. If you have money to invest buy BTC after we confirm a bottom (not yet), and wait for the new nvidia generation to come out. Unless you are willing to buy a Titan V.
This, this thread belongs on the shithole that is Jow Forums, I thought crypto talk had been banned after 2013.
Yep. But don't be fooled, that's not the real price for these GPUs even now. You can get them for half the price if you try and look for it. There's just a lot of idiots as you say, but they don't sell much and there's a lot of cards sold at reasonable prices.
Still, I wouldn't buy until next gen.

it's funny desu.

Based miners solving the /v/ problem

The funniest thing about all this is that is shows just how much gamers are a bunch of dumb whiny children with no ability to reason.
Their devices become literal money printing machines, and they complain that they cost 50% more than they used to, when they could've mined with their current GPUs, and then mined with the new GPUs, and made that difference back in a matter of months, eventually even repaying their entire investment. GPUs are virtually free at this point.

If you're a gamer there's no real risk either, unlike for miners who buy 10+ cards, because you were going to buy that card anyways, and the money you make is just a discount on it.