What do you guys use for hosting...

What do you guys use for hosting? I switched from Digital Ocean to AWS but AWS is a huge fucking pita to navigate and on the expensive side of things.

Attached: 1*sgsAK6z8s5sSfUPsCSTTjw.png (400x156, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

altreason.com/going-the-distance/
vmhaus.com/plans.html
lowendtalk.com/
instagram.com/amy.jie/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

whats that picture user?

A blag post I wrote years ago
altreason.com/going-the-distance/

Attached: rpcg.png (320x240, 93K)

Taking the hash of an image to compare it to other hashes without doing a MSE of the color.

Hetzner cloud

>Hetzner cloud
Thanks - but I'm an Amerifat not a Yuro

vmhaus.com/plans.html
or look around here:
lowendtalk.com/

Digital Ocean is pretty good and fast, but expensive.

Linode performs about the same and cost about the same but the interface is somewhat harder to use.

There is Aruba and OVH, they are dirt cheap, perform okay and are based on europ.

For static sites there is netlify, the free tier is insanely good.

I'm on AWS, I get some hosting on it for free from credits through work but also pay some for all the stuff I run on it. I've managed to keep it really cheap if you let me know what you're trying to host maybe there is a cost-effective way to do it

I'm a little unimpressed by their S3 bucket static hosting. I have to keep a bookmark because there are several UIs for it but only one allows the website hosting.

I'm also non-plussed about Route53. I thought by buying the domains through amazon it would be easy to set up routing, but you need their CDN to do subdomains and SSL and that service costs a lot.

Setting up subdomains on S3 is non-intuitive too.

tl;dr mostly their CDN fucks me in cost.

thanks

>netlify
this is great. I was going to write my own little CD server for my static site and now I wouldn't have to.

I don't use a UI for s3, usually just:
aws s3 cp . --recursive s3://your.bucket.name/
to upload and switch the last two to download. I use namecheap for most of my DNS stuff honestly. I only use Route53 at work because it's often times I need to automate the creation of endpoints that reflect specific internal resources.

>cp
>not sync
waste of bandwidth

Learning to use the AWS tool was part of my motivation to build a CD server to deploy it since their UI is an abomination.

Thanks for the tip.

Attached: 1*L44Oe30GZZcHMkXyioGDww.png (256x256, 948)

I use my own hardware to host a server.

VPS I rent from edis.at

Kimsufi (OVH). 5$ for 500GB. 15 for 2TB.

Attached: 01a.png (710x531, 53K)

I do this for some local development but how do you get a good upload bandwidth?

>Kimsufi
only sane person here

:)
I only use it because it offers much space for an incredible space. Sure, one might get suspicious - but since I use it for my cloud (Nextcloud) I've encrypted everything with Cryptomator.

Abandon thread gentlemen, it's a boy in a dress
>instagram.com/amy.jie/

try looking around locally

I found a local host that does 100 mbit uncapped vps for ~$1 a month.

Jow Forums's go-to recommendations used to be Namecheap and Gandi at least until not too long ago, and I think anecdotal evidence favored the former.