Every computer should come with a big manual like those of vintage computers. Prove me wrong

Every computer should come with a big manual like those of vintage computers. Prove me wrong.

Attached: ibmdocs.jpg (799x584, 81K)

I agree, people are more tech illiterate as ever

>*e-manual
some people don't like having their house full of random shit

All the individual components have their own little manuals and as far as software goes it's all standardized now anyways

I agree.

I agree.

>need to read manual to get computer to work
>need computer to work to read manual

fuck you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it'd be neat too but there isn't much to put in them.

>mom turns on pc for first time
>"user what do i do ive never seen this before"

FUCKING READ IT AND DO WHAT IT SAYS YOU DUMB BITCH JESUS CHRIST

The sad fact is that most modern software just isn't that complicated.

>>>/global/rules/2

We don't live in a world where it's expected that you write your own software in order to perform a task on your machine anymore, and as such there's little point in supplying manuals for programming languages with computers.
But if you want to write your own software, the information you need to learn how to do so is readily available on the internet.

As for hardware-related manuals, those are all supplied with each individual piece, as well as being available on the manufacturer's website.

>he thinks there aren't people on Jow Forums that are over 18 and live with their parents

Attached: partycat.jpg (514x733, 103K)

Tbh yes

No, I think if you type like you're 12 then you're probably 12.

people actually used to type horrendously on the internet as shorthand, it's only since like 07/08 that people really started using full sentences and paragraphs on shitty imageboards

Attached: chill_cat.jpg (1280x853, 370K)

Only thing that would change is we would go back to rtfm instead of lmgtfy.

fuck that's a cool cat

If you want the same kind of info, like the ISA, they do. You just have to buy it or use an online copy.

Attached: IMGP4477.jpg (600x398, 180K)

This was back when computers were considered complex machines that required education in order to use properly. Now people want to consider them to be simple "push button, receive bacon" affairs.

Aw man, I miss those. I wonder if there's an archive of all those books somewhere.