Why doesn't Jow Forums archive everything?

Why doesn't Jow Forums archive everything?
Is it to save $$$ no storage or what?
Why can plebbit do it but not us?

Attached: 7C179CEA-A36D-454A-B023-2AD7F47DD7F4.jpg (192x263, 17K)

you're retarded

I know
So are you gonna explain or what?

idk its boring af

Attached: hooper.png (210x158, 57K)

there are already tons of external archives for the site already. if you're using Jow Forums it will automatically redirect you to them if the thread is pruned.

4chans threads are meant to be temporary, it's somewhat mimicking a conversation or a group chat. Only the most current topics matter. It would completly destroy the culture of Jow Forums if your shitposts would be there for eternity to view. Right now you can discuss a topic new every day and you'll always get different opinions, that's something reddit doesn't provide. Jow Forums also doesn't filter(mostly) and doesn't evaluate the quality of a contribution, you have to judge for yourself and be able to distinguish between what's real and what isn't. If you are incapable of this you will end up living in parallel world, like most of Jow Forums. Also most content here isn't worth saving, and last but not least as you mentioned even the most diehard users probably never spent a cent on a pass, meaning that Jow Forums is effectively too poor to afford saving content anyway.

1) the whole purpose of threads 404ing is to give you an incentive to keep coming back here so you don't miss stuff
2) this site has ~1TB of active content at all times. You're probably talking about multiple terabytes a week to archive everything.
3) Reddit is able to keep everything because (until recently) all content is hosted on external sites and hyperlinked in posts.

If someone uploads copyrighted or illegal material, it's gone before the lawyers can write up the paperwork. This is the best way.

There are plenty of archiving sites, so clearly someone thinks there's value. You can go and view those archives and see that almost every thread plays out exactly the same, barring some significant change in the topic being discussed. The "culture" of Jow Forums has already been destroyed, but it wasn't because of archived posts.

Because
>Comments are owned by the Poster.
>there are already tons of external archives for the site
I don't remember any of them seeking my permission to publish my comments, hence they're all illegal and we're always trying to take them down.

you have random Jow Forums archive sites

>I don't remember any of them seeking my permission to publish my comments

get ready to get walked all over if you think that attitude will safeguard you against people doing things without your permission.

if you say something on the internet, consider the point at which you say it to be the point at which you are admonishing control.

>us

Don't lump other people with loser like you

>on the mongolian throat singing forum known as four-chan
>"I'm not a loser like you guys, hahahaha"
Nice reddit spacing though, retard.

Reddit is significantly more attractive to advertisers due to narrow subject subreddits being ideal for marketing or manipulating. Furthermore the amount of ads a user sees would be much higher since it doesn't encourage continued discussion in one thread like Jow Forums does.

Also lower(relatively) bandwidth requirements since most things are hosted on imgur/youtube/twitch/etc, especially reaction images. Not only does Hiro have to store this webm until this thread 404s and the archive is purged but he has to spend ~3MB of bandwidth whenever someone opens it.

Attached: 1521656760723.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

rebecca black technologies

>we
Kys nigger

We are, who do you think is constantly DDoS'ing rbt.asia, warosu.org, 4plebs.org, etc.? Fuck off, summerfag!

No one? The always work fine bitch
Cry some more

There in nothing worth archiving on Jow Forums.

reddit is one of the top 10 most visited sites on the planet. Its popularity means it's desirable to buy direct advertising as well as inject disguised social media ads which are most likely paid for. Not only that but they have reddit gold, and thousands of people around the world buy it 24/7. The site basically prints money so they can throw their users whatever they want.

If anons want to archive that's their business but a great benefit to not archiving is that when the feds come knocking on your door you literally have nothing to give them because you purge everything constantly.

4pleb AND CAUSE WHY THE FUCK DO YOU WANT YOUR 4 CHAN POSTS ARCHIVED user USE YOUR FUCKING BRAIN
/thread

you mean the trans-atlantic rowboat racing forum mate?

cuz other people do it for free.

>waaa didn't give permission
I use Jow Forums -x and help archive all of YOUR posts with the browser script.

you can come g ive me your permission and I'll give you a knuckle sandwich you peasant.

Archives defeat the purpose you fucking newfag.

Wrong