RAM
OS
Frontend

I use an Athlon X4 860K overclocked to 4.2GHz
GTX 750TI, but thinking of going to a 1030
8GB of Ram
Windows 10
Launchbox

Attached: IMG_20180617_140927.jpg (4160x1849, 1.53M)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/mupen64plus/mupen64plus-rsp-cxd4
youtube.com/watch?v=n2VPkasSy0w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Raspberry pi.

Does your wife approve?

8086k @5.6ghz HT off, on water (Just upgraded from 8700k yesterday)
Radeon RX480
16gb gskill Trident Z @4.6ghz
Arch linux
RPCS3

Perfect for 4k Demonsouls and other PS3 titles, plays flawlessly, and bugless for the most part. I also like to cut off cores 4 and 5 and crank it to 6ghz when doing harder emulation, such as SNES.

I dread the day I decide to rebuild my system to take advantage of Wii U, 3DS, and PS3 emulation...and 4K

I dunno if I can even do Wii U or PS3...even't tried it.

Intel Core i7 7820HK @ 2.90GHz
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (Dell)
16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1330MHz (19-19-19-43)
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
None
Yes, it's an Ayyyliumware 17 R4.

FUCK OFF BACK TO /V/

i7 4790k
GTX 980
8GB
Windows 7
Retroarch/Standalones

Raspberry pie for everything up to 16bit, main pc for other stuff.

>Retro games
>Using anything more than a Rasberry Pi

/VR/ more like. At least their old computer threads are good.

/vg/ you mean

enjoy your, slow, buggy inaccurate piece of shit

all emulators are slow, buggy, inaccurate pieces of shit, even the most "accurate" ones

unless you're running the actual hardware or a cycle-perfect emulator you have no right to sit on a high horse

Cycle perfect emulation for some of the most popular older consoles has been a thing for years now, are you from 2008 or something?

never had any problems with N64 and PS1 emulation on my Pi. unless you're trying to do MAME emulation, it'll handle it.

Are you retarded? Are you really saying that you can't complain about some hacky emulator just because we don't have "cicle-perfect" ones (which we do have)? off youself

Attached: 1396653980284.png (414x225, 128K)

Intel Core i5 4690K @ 3.50GHz
Nvidia GTX 970
8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (11-11-11-28)
Windows 7 x64
RetroArch

>never had any problems with N64
I don't believe you. Maybe your standards are just too low.

Attached: 1469220468089.gif (536x440, 156K)

>GTX 750TI, but thinking of going to a 1030
Are you retarded?

maybe you haven't fucked with the settings enough, there's a fair few tutorials on how to get it working pretty flawlessly.

Looks just how I remember it

Attached: majoro.webm (720x540, 1.25M)

N64 is only good if you use Angrylion-plus and cxd4 plugins on Project64 or Mupen64plus. This requires a powerful CPU.

Everything else is hacky HLE shit.

>maybe you haven't fucked with the settings enough
yeah, your standards are shit

>never had any problems with N64 and PS1 emulation on my Pi
casual

>Raspberry Piss

>N64
>only goof with a powerful CPU

top kek even the Wii U can handle N64 flawlessly

>never had any problems with N64 and PS1 emulation on my Pi
Are you using ZSNES on your PC too?

Attached: 1524708739520.png (637x717, 419K)

there is no appreciable difference going from a 750 TI to 1030, find a low profile GTX 1050 or 1050 ti if you have a SFF system. Also:

>Xeon E3-1245
GTX 960
Windows 7
no front end, I have the patience and don't need every single emulator and game icon in one place.

Let me guess, you're one of those fags who thinks the Virtual Console N64 emulation is better than PC emulation.

Protip: It's not, it's even more of a per-game hackfest than the HLE plugin shit.

>top kek even the Wii U can handle N64 flawlessly
/v/ pls

Attached: 1287854219023.jpg (350x473, 55K)

i use my low-medium end pc:
7700k 4.5ghz
gtx 1070
16gb ddr4 3000mhz

Greetings from /emugen/

>low-medium

i love this meme

>low-medium end
fuck off

according to 8700k gtx 1080ti users.

Who would have thought that Jow Forumsfags are more retarded than /v/tards lmao

Attached: angrylion.png (1275x775, 798K)

Is that mudlord's VHS shader?

Literally no PC emulation can handle DK64 without shitting itself in one way or another.

>mudlord

We do not speak of this man here

Attached: Mudlord running in wireframe mode.png (550x281, 149K)

did you eat lead paint as a kid? N64 has been being emulated since the late days of the Pentium II/ early days of Pentium III. Over 15 years, easily. Closer to 20.

>Donkey Kong 64
>On a Pentium II

Attached: 1496257876823.png (440x393, 416K)

DK64 was poorly coded, literally. It had to have the expansion pack because it would crash frequently otherwise. The game is fickle and will have random geometry issues if the timing is not absolutely perfect. Project64 mostly fixed these issues a while back.

Yeah blame the game, not the emulator

I wouldn't expect anything less from Jow Forums

where i can download rsp cxd4?

Why are you playing games anyway? Just try linux lmao!! Install (insert foss bullshit I like here) and (another foss bullshit I like) and you will know what using a computer looks like. Don't like it? Hahahah then go back to /v/ you jew intel loving /poltard/ xDDI'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling itD

All I know is back in 1999 I knew a kid that was playing Goldeneye and Mario Kart 64 on a Pentium II laptop.

github.com/mupen64plus/mupen64plus-rsp-cxd4

Thanks for your input. You sure sound like an expert on that matter

Says the retard swearing Donkey Kong 64 won't run on a 6 core i7 @5GHz with a 1080 TI

I'm thinking of getting one of those 8Bido SF30Pro controllers, partially to use for emulation, partially to sling in my bag for my notebook.

Soon enough they'll be able to run ZSNES on their Pis too.
youtube.com/watch?v=n2VPkasSy0w
Assuming they can tolerate Win10, especially with that slow and little of memory and storage.

>50% CPU usage
kek

Orange pi from AliExpress for twelve dollars, 3 dollars gamepad.

Retrorangepi os
Default settings.

It just works great

heh zsnes ran (barely) on my 486 DX2

>GTX 750TI, but thinking of going to a 1030
>I have this GPU, but thinking of replacing it with one that performs worse
Are you fucking retarded or this is some kind of joke that I'm missing?

But higher number means it's better!

Yeah sure, but it depends on how they're counted.
7 and 10 are generations, 50 and 30 are levels of strength for that generation, and Ti usually means between the previous and near the next (750-760 here) for better value.
It's kind of disappointing that people don't get that. Same with that silly 'I have an i7! Why is it running so slowly??' thing.

Take your meds. That post wasn't funny in any way

How good is ps3 and wiiu emulation at this point? I knkow ps4 emulation wont be a thing for at least 10 years

Man, when all the old people ask me for a computer with an "i7" especially when they say theyre just reading emails im always annoyed by it. I dont even bother explaining it anymore because they never believe me when i say they wont notice a difference even if they purchased an i3 8100 or something. Theyve fallen too hard for the marketing

Whatever you say, freetard.

congrats, now come back when you're only running circuit-perfect emulation and have managed to create a box containing the unemulatable sound processors, DACs, and amps of each console outputting the sound from the emulator

>S-S-SOUND EMULATION HAS BEEN PERFECT FOR YEARS!
maybe if you're deaf and/or are too young to have actually played the game on its original console, N64 sound emulation in particular has been godawful FOREVER and anybody who has actually played on an N64 can recognize whether a recording is from an emulator or an actual console because of the poor handling of fade-offs in instruments

yes, I'm saying you can't complain about bubba's jalopnik when you're driving a duct-taped together piece of shit yourself. when you actually have ground to stand upon, come back, until then, please continue to play poorly-emulated JRPGs on some shitbox from ten years ago on an oversaturated LCD, possibly with godawful emulated scanlines and almost certainly at an incorrect aspect ratio

Ehy is sound emulation always the hardest and most taxing part of emulation?

because it's usually on the very bottom of the priority list compared to having everything else functional, and most of the developers of emulators either don't care or can't tell if their sound emulation is garbage. first priority for them is getting all the games functional; they'd rather get some obscure jap sudoku game working properly than fix a little sound glitch in OoT

Thats kind of what i figured. Seems like it takes a lot of time but not necessarily skill

Attached: 1528644836303.png (1148x1043, 1.01M)

This is autism. Having an aneurysm over some small detail instead of enjoying the game.

Attached: 1528863754715.jpg (728x794, 56K)

Higan perfectly emulates the entire system, there's no "unemulatable" DSPs, DACs and """ amp '"" (I guess you're referring to the analog output section of a DAC), the later two can be easily recreated with simple convolution
Sound emulation isn't perfectly accurate in most emulators since no one's trying to recreate the defects that no developer relied upon and only affected negatively the experience, or in the case of actual defects like in the N64 emulators because they have more pressing issues like unplayable games instead of fixing barely noticeable glitches

why don't you KILL YOURSELF IMMEDIATELY YOU UNDERAGE FUCKER
post another shrek and i'll rape your entire house

Attached: 1527524925677.png (1024x749, 196K)

Eat shit and die faggot. All your posts are try hard and not funny.

Attached: 1529014688986.gif (680x499, 1.64M)

go back

>implying yours are good
fuck off retard no one thinks your shit sfm is good. Stop bastardizing every single image

Your try hard cringy post is more embarrassing then some shitty Shrek meme. You spent time typing that garbage

Attached: 1528831305442.jpg (1320x995, 524K)

Attached: 1527100565350.jpg (640x480, 98K)

You have no idea what you are talking about. They do not obstruct the image. They make it so the image is properly blended. A real CRT TV was the actual guideline when developing games lol. They were fucking made on CRTs dumbo.

Even when they were not made for CRTs, the look is VASTLY better with a CRT filter. You can sing to the stars and the moon about how Aria looks amazing in its raw state, as it was on a tiny handheld, but this image looks hopelessly terrible on large screens. CRT Shaders are not a gimmick, and your opinion on this matter is laughably incompetent.

Sure, a lot of morons who have only seen a crappy CRT filter in some random game might not get it, but for people that work on shaders you can uniformly make your game look a ton better.

That people agree with you must mean the millenials who never played on a CRT are jealous again lol.

Sort of. Nothing is ever perfect. Higan does still have minor fringe case bugs, even in commercial games.
Like Itoi Shigesato no Bass Tsuri No. 1, it's impossible to actually play. Silly as that may be. There's a thread on his forums that Jow Forums thinks is spam, because it actually is.

Perfection aside though, I certainly agree with everything else.

The cables do the blending. You can output straight RGB from modded consoles and have an unblended image, given a CRT with decent focus.
Though I'm getting quite a bit of deja vu. Is this a repost?

Vita emulator when?

Attached: 272285.jpg (1024x576, 401K)

>e-e-emulation is perfect, absolutely perfect! and it has been for ten years!
>o-oh that small detail is completely okay, its mostly perfect! you're just autistic for not pretending its perfect!

I have used Higan. It is not perfect. And recreating the defects in hardware SHOULD be a goal of emulators because you're trying to emulate the system, not just produce playable games. Pick a goal and stick to it; do you want to emulate a system or do you want a bunch of playable games? In the former, accuracy is important, in the latter, you can have as many per-game hacks as you want, as long as it works well.

Attached: Spinning_thinking_emoji_2.gif (256x256, 352K)

higan+runahead is more perfect than an actual snes

Now you're starting to get into interesting territory which would be the argument of "which is better: creating the perfect platform based on the original console or perfectly emulating the original console with all of its quirks and flaws?". I'm inclined to say the latter because the former only works until you wind up finding a game or accessory that relies on some strange hardware bug to function.

If you're going to go through all of this trouble just to half-ass a CRT image, why not just output to a CRT? Get a PVM or small CRT with RGB input.

I'm inclined to say both. If you can emulate a better context than the original hardware wherever possible, and still have a more replication of the original hardware to optionally fall back on otherwise, that's the best case possible.
Of course you could be a lazy end user and always fall back regardless for convenience. But that's kinda lame.

i use gliden64 because angrylion doesnt have the option to increase the internal resolution

No.

yeah gotta see those low ass resolution textures in glorious 4k

you seem mad for me calling out your autism

Raspberry pi 3B+ ruining at at crazy 1520mhz CPU, 520mhz GPU and 570mhz GPU core. currently running the 6.3 256GB VirtualMan image as a base it's pretty good.
Protip: for faster N64 emulation and to stop Glide from constantly crashing set enableFBEumlation to False in /opt/retropie/emulators/mupen64plus/bin/mupen64plus.sh
This messes up the visuals in a lot of games when you use the glide emulator but it's much faster and doesn't crash.

just get an odroid

Completely nuking framebuffer effects? Is it 2006 again? I wasn't aware people still did that.
Have you tried other versions of m64p and glide? What about RA/parallel?

>copypasting reddit posts

lmao

What's the obsession with *-boxes? Are you using egg slicers at kitchen as well? Just use what you already have(your PC), it will even do a better job and cost you nothing in both the money and the time. That's not about just emulation, but about watching media, running different kinds of servers and all the other stuff as well.

You seemed mad at me calling your cringy try hard post so you called your janitor friend to delete my posts

Jesus. Your autism is sky high. Stop projecting this gay anime stutter as your argument. It doesn't make it any better. I would rather enjoy the game then get butthurt over some small imperfection.

because people only have phones and tablets which suck at emulation

>because people only have phones and tablets which suck at emulation
Not really, they have more power than at least half the shitbox configurations mentioned here. Just hook up a gamepad, by bluetooth or cable. xbox controller works nicely.

no. You'll have input lag out the ass on lag droids