Innovation in tech is dead

Really. Innovation in tech has come to a screeching halt. Think back more than a decade ago to 2007. The iphone first came out and smartphones became a thing. That might as well have been the last piece of technology ever developed. And what did we get since then? Nothing. More than a decade later and we just have faster smartphones with higher resolutions. Same with our computers in general really.

And then some will come out with this idea that the automation revolution will be this next big thing that changes everything. How long have they been saying that? The famous video "humans need not apply" was released 3 years ago now. We've seen zero (0) progress towards this automation thing they've been touting about for so long. Still plenty of warehouses with human workers. Still plenty of manual labor done in general as well. Fast food places still have humans by and large.

The worst of these memes are the believers in the AI religion. Seriously what on God's green earth makes people believe we will have true AI in 2 decades even? When it comes to making their own decisions computers are painfully stupid. They do exactly what they are told and nothing more. All the chatbots are painfully easy to see through and the only reason the turing test is beaten is because the turing test is an absolute joke.

Seriously. Technology is either at it's peak or at least a really, really, REALLY long plateau. So I hope your comfortable with these same gadgets for the rest of your life.

Attached: 1516489193561.png (1407x959, 2.33M)

cool story bro

Found the redditor.

Where do I unsubscribe?

Get Laid.

The next big thing will come but it will not be what futurist faggots predict it will be. It never is.

I predict the next big thing will be something we can't predict

Faster, higher resolution, better batteries. Actually having to combine high performance with power efficiency have forced a lot of technological innovation.
Now we have fingerprint sensors integrated into the screen. Innovation, technological progress.

You may not like the kind of innovation happening but that's another thing. The automation complaint makes it seem you are a stupid fucking troll anyway.

no u

the big issue is our means of training the average human, now it takes years, decades even, to churn out a scientist with the ability to create something new, we need tech that can upload knowledge straight into the brain, then instead on focusing on learning people can focus on using their knowledge
inb4 ur a brainlet, no I'm not, 4 phds to my name, all fake

>The automation complaint makes it seem you are a stupid fucking troll anyway
You seem confident. So go ahead and tell me where I'm wrong. Because last time I looked into the real world all of the claims of the believers of the automation religion were total bullshit.

I blame this generation of idiots. Facebook/computers have made us creatively bankrupt more than television.
Every main country's president since 2007 has done nothing to correct this.
The economic crisis fucked up much more than our economy, it fucked up our perception and allowed for penny-pinching idiots to reign supreme.
You shouldn't have allowed Danny and Sally to spend 24/7 on the PC without programming good programs, should have helped them make good life-long friends, should have pushed aspirations and goals onto them, shouldn't have allowed them to be retarded rednecks or laze around the coach all day. Better yet if you saw them doing nothing but preparing to become wage slaves and truck drivers, welders, plumbers, managers, bankers, other trash jobs then you should have killed them before they accepted their awful fate.

VR my dude

very accurate, all we have is the public perception of technological advancement thanks to advertising and dishonest media. there hasn't been an actual breakthrough since... rocketry? mechanical computing? splitting the atom? everything since WWII is an incremental engineering improvement on an old scientific discovery

Predict you're wrong!

Nothing is more enraging than retards who saw some YouTube video about AI and say "there will be no need for programmers in a few years".

ayy lmao
t. threatened

>smartphones became a thing
>2007
rope

>literally robots doing backflips
are you living under a rock?

You should kill yourself OP.

Attached: 1s038y.jpg (2008x1784, 164K)

Probably because since 2008 the resources of technologically advanced nations have been allocated to bail out banks, babysit third world niggers and appease tree huggers.

Not an argument.

how about you kill yourself frogfaggot

>higher resolution batteries
Why? Your eye can’t even tell the difference past 4K. Batteries we have now are fine.

Speed is evolution, higher resolution was a means to move panels to the Joneses and their followers, batteries have largely stagnated, though recently there were a couple of reports that surfaced about some potential advancements in Li-Ion batteries, questionable whether we'll see that materialize anytime soon. Fingerprint sensors are a meme, placing them in screens is evolution, not innovation.

Innovation would be something line the Ctrl-lab's wristband, or other neural input interfaces. Maybe something like a mumble keyboard ala /b/'s Futureman 6-8 years ago. What we have now is a steaming heap of purposeless refinements driving up a market bubble that needn't exist.

And no, self driving cars isn't innovation, it's evolution.

>This nigga thinks those niggas pay taxes

Attached: 1507320202100.gif (200x200, 494K)

haaahhaahhaahah