Is is true that Macs have a lower cost of ownership?

Is is true that Macs have a lower cost of ownership?

Your plastic windows shit will be worthless in 2-3 years, whereas old Appleshit still fetches obscene prices.

Attached: download.png (225x225, 2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jamf.com/blog/total-cost-of-ownership-mac-versus-pc-in-the-enterprise/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

*total cost of ownership

Macs have insanely higher cost of ownership when you factor in the AIDS treatments.

Attached: 1510975716835.jpg (1280x720, 196K)

whoa I consider myself #rekt

literally a man taking a shit

depends on the product
I would this is probably true for:
- iphones
- macbook air
- old macbook pro
It's not true for
- new macbook pro
- new macbook
I don't know how it is with the imac.

Why not the new Macbooks? Do they break down more often?

Attached: file.png (392x314, 209K)

If you're looking at resale then sure, your Mac is going to land the bigger bucks than whatever PC you got. You take care of the PC and you're not buying anything for min. 5 years.

I bought top of the line Thinkpad back in 2013, windows 8, didn't install Windows 10, periodic factory resets just to get rid of junk, thing runs literally as fast as it did when I first got it.

>state of windowa users

Yeah but eventually you're going to have to get a new one and you will have to put the cash for a new laptop.

Meanwhile, upgrade to a new Mac every 2-3 years and you end up with manageable costs and up-to-date hardware.

>resale something you overpaid for in under 3 years only to overpay again for the next thing
Why would anyone do that? I'm still upgrading my PC that I built in 2013 and continues to run like brand new.

So it's basically just a matter of "how long can I make a PC last" vs. "How high can I resell this Mac for"

If that's how you want to put it.

jamf.com/blog/total-cost-of-ownership-mac-versus-pc-in-the-enterprise/

I don't know, man. Bought my current Asus laptop back in late 2011 and it's still going just fine.

>up to date hardware
u wot mate

Why does this matter when I've been using my ThinkPad W530 for over 5 years and plan on using it for 5 more?

>jamf.com/blog/total-cost-of-ownership-mac-versus-pc-in-the-enterprise/
I remember that IBM also recommended Macs for the management of their manfraimes as alternative to Windows instead of Linux.

I work at IBM.
The Mac vs PC userbase is sporadic at best. I can only speak for my division, but there is enough of either Mac, PC, and RHEL users that you can't usually get away with "recommending" something.
At the end of the day all systems are built on Linux and every other OS is Linux's bitch.

Oh look, this fake study again by a desperate shill trying to avoid getting fired. Pretending to put out a "study" on reliability only SIX months into ownership compared to a PC fleet in various ages of ownership when it's public knowledge hardware failures increase exponentially.
Meanwhile the entire 99% rest of the enterprise world that didn't get scammed voted with their wallets on what they know to be better TCO.

bump
microsoft shills getting desperate by not replying to this

It's true, people will still pay $200 for a macbook from 2010. Now try to sell your other laptop from 2010, let's see how much you make from it.

But to resell your mac, it must be working, battery included.
And given the tendencies of gluing the thing in place, getting an oled screen shit that makes almost impossible to open the device without damaging it etc..
You're probably losing your profit in repair.

I bought a 2013 stock spec MacBook Air 13 inch for $300 in December 2014 from an IT consulting firm in Sydney that closed down. No issues at all, just wrote it off as accounting depreciation.

Used it until 3 months ago. Sold it for $700 to a German backpacker who wanted a computer with an SD card slot to upload photos to while he and his weird friends drove around my country working for cash in hand.

Fucken retard. Best purchase of my life. I’ve still got the 2013 21.5inch iMac ($400 cost) but I need to throw an SSD in there and probably think about upping the RAM while I’m in there too and I’ll get at least another 3-4 years out of it I reckon.

The only reason to buy a windows laptop is because you need special software that you cant get on OSX, or, you know enough about computers to do general maintenance to keep it running as new for 5+years. If you’re not in either of these two categories, buy Apple.

>

Attached: ExplodingMacs.png (497x164, 32K)

I don't see it

>some company that makes money selling services for helping people set up mac networks claims that mac is more cost effective
iPajeet street shitters aren't even trying anymore.

>not using bootcamp

Where is the thumbs up button?

>Your plastic windows shit will be worthless in 2-3 years,
Working on a laptop made in '12 using an OS written last year. Just werks.
>whereas Appletards will still pay obscene prices for overpriced hardware because they fell for the style over substance meme and someone sometime told them it's kewl.

typical apple user

one time i bought a probably stolen macbook for $300 then sold it a year later for $600, does that count?

Only 5 years? My newest laptops are both from 2009, one is a Macbook and the other is a Thinkpad. They are both perfectly fine today. I expect to get at least 5 more years out of them.

i5, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
Mac = $1699 - $799 in 3 years
$900 loss
Dell XPS 13 = $999 - $549 in 3 years
$450 loss

So no, Macs have higher cost of ownership. You macfucks are so fucking stupid that you can't even do 1st grade math and just think it is better because you get a slightly bigger number at the end.

Are you aware of the fallacy of false equivalence?
The starting point for each machine should be the same.

>not having a Laptop/Desktop combo

y?

>bought md101ll/a MBP on amazon for $500 three years ago
>right now: $470 lowest offer
I replaced the battery first day so that was ~$100. If I sold now at rock bottom I’m out $130 for 3 years of use, soon to be 4.

Get a load of this dumb fuck. Hey, low IQ nigger. Before you show off your "skills", open a book.

Nice argument, retard.