What are some tech jobs where you paid to do basically nothing...

What are some tech jobs where you paid to do basically nothing? I see you fags bragging about how little work you do all the time. Come clean.

Attached: cubicle 1.jpg (849x393, 402K)

shilling for intel

Apple store genius

As someone who has a tech job which gets slow around mid-year, you don't want a job that you do nothing. being bored off your ass is no way to spend your day.

Chief Diversity Officer

>paid to do nothing
I had a dev job like this for about six months. It wears you down after a while in a "what the fuck am I doing with my life" kind of way.

Now if you just want a low stress job on the other hand... Try to avoid working on something that is customer facing or one that a lot of different (internal to the company) areas depend on. I currently work in a position like this. Unfortunately, I'm getting moved elsewhere within the company now.

>oh you're decent developer
>why are you working on this low priority product user?
>let's move you to [high profile] thing

true, anything possible to speed up these god forsaken working years

>Apple store genius

are you kidding ? normie hardware tech support is definately on one of dante's levels of hell.

> go in to settings
where that
>do a hard reset
how do i do that

This. Counting down the minutes until the end of the work day is suffering.

OP is looking for jobs where you basically do nothing, not actively try to make things worse

Yeah!! I just wanna hurry up and have kids and die already!

It's not about burning through your day quicker, it's about not letting your brain rot. the other poster was being facetious, I hope.

keep a job that stimulates your mind.

I work at a small ISP as T1. i like slow jobs because it gives me time to work on other stuff. I find it very stimulating. I work 8 hours and maybe get 5 calls on the weekend, and nobody answers their phone so i can't work on old tickets. it's great.

IT support, I have days where I get a call maybe, once or twice an hour and they can be solved in 3 minutes. Spend the rest of my time shitposting and looking at what to cash my paycheck on.

>literally no work at my job right now, they keep telling me it will get busier
>come in, make coffee even though I drank some at home because the shitty pot takes a long time
>drink coffee for the next half hour, look at empty email inbox
>open up a random file so it looks like I'm working
>wait for super to leave the area
>help people in /fglt/ for the next hour or two
>lunch
>take an extra half hour at lunch because no one is keeping track
>might have a task or two by now, bang them out in 20 minutes
>inbox still empty
>hang out in /fglt/ some more
>get bored and go talk with the receptionist
>back to my desk, back to /fglt/
>maybe shitpost or something
>end of day, work ends in an hour
>make another coffee
>drink it until work ends

Attached: worktraffichometrafficworktraffichometrafficworktraffichome.gif (400x225, 3.18M)

I used to have a good job doing visualization development for a medical company. Literally spent 8 months on what was three days of actual work due to management, so had lots of down time and free time. It was horrible.

I work as a quant now and am much more satisfied with my life.

Doing nothing is boring, the real goal should be to find a job you find interesting.

I'm a backend infrastructure engineer (virtualization & storage), I look forward to going to work every day.

I'm going through chemo for pancreatic cancer and still go to work when I am able because I enjoy my job that much. (I make a fuckload and my expenses are low and I could afford to not work at all while I slowly get killed by my own body and the meds I take to fight off my body)

I need to find a happy medium. I've had jobs where I did nothing and hated it, and now I have a job that I need to work every day, pretty heavy load. It's too much. Idk what to do man.

This
That's why I hated school, instead of learning and doing the exercises you always had to say something and everyone was just dicking around the entire school day because of this stupid system where the things you said during the lessons counted more than all exams combined

>get internship
>it's Friday
>complete all assignments given by boss
>boss has left already to work from home
>2 more hours till I have completed my 8 hour shift
>can leave early but want that $36 after taxes
>browse the internet and read up on the tech used by the company, discussions on X vs Y, why it's good
>the arguments presented by people in favor of the tech are very motivating and have gotten me incredibly excited for work the next week

And then?

IT security. Just browse IT security news websites, be technical enough to google issues related to a change and say no a lot in C&A meetings

>cancer
:(

graphics sizer/cropper/uploader.
a lot of companies have that position.

like "social media manager"?

This

Database Administrator

>half the time at work there's nothing to do since we have so many people on the team the split stuff up or some people hog most of the work because reasons
>boss announces he wants to hire 3 more people
>mfw I already do jack shit and now it'll be even worse

There is nothing worse than life than being stuck in an office doing practically nothing for 8 hours. I know some of the people I work with like to take their good old time when doing stuff but that just makes it even worse.

Attached: 1528599950280.png (250x250, 76K)

>be an helpdesk of a team of 4
(2 sysadmin + 2 helpdesk junior sysadmin)

>come in the morning

>check mail

>**** is coming the next thurstday

>check how many pc we have

>"user the printer doesn't work"

>"user i want to do X with gmail"

>Go back to my desk

>Clean and delete accounts of employees who left

>Prepare new pc for employees who are coming

>browse Jow Forums while windows installs

>Read tanenbaum in the free time

>Hit on the receptionist/HR new girl

>steal food of the people who didn't come to work from the canteen

>go home and relax

I can't express how much of a living hell this can be.

>clean up your room

Attached: jp.jpg (960x540, 46K)

Technical writer