What literally is the point of the Hackintosh? Mac OS is useful if you

What literally is the point of the Hackintosh? Mac OS is useful if you
>want to use Apple hardware
>want to use an OS optimized for said hardware
You get none of that in Hackintosh, in fact you have to deal with HaikuOS-tier lack of compatibility.

Attached: reddut.jpg (3264x2448, 487K)

it's like lunix but it works, has proprietary software and looks decent

wtf is apple hardware?

You could, like, uh, coding iOS shit and others without spending your mommy's savings into a MacBook.

are you retarded?

VM motherfucker

He means intel CPUs and AMD GPUs and foxconn motherboards

None now that OpenGL got btfo and replaced with METAL lockin instead of vulkan

yeah no.

>a computer, especially laptop, is just cpu, mobo, and gpu
brainlet.jpg

becaue xorg is horseshit and this is the only way to get a terminal without a disgusting laggy mess :/

>becaue xorg is horseshit
true. but still, even without xorg, even with compositor written with low-level API such as Metal, macOS still has compositing issues that KWin doesn't. that's absolutely hilarious for me to see my macbook running smoothly with arch, then reboot in macOS and enjoy lags

Attached: Screenshot_20180614_185641.png (2880x1800, 3.32M)

power pc architecture from 1995-2000 I guess.
doubt they run modern macos though

>hackintosh is funny
Its funny to make a black box work with another set of hardware for some people
>wanting unix with advantages of windows
>try a thing for a while

it looks more like you're the retarded one in this thread.

forgot to say that macOS OpenGL implementation is very bad, any linux distribution will be much better

>macOS still has compositing issues that KWin doesn't.
Like...?
I had not issues in the Macbooks I had in the past.

Oh I forgot to mention the cum pre-smeared over the apple hardware.

now try to open at least, like, seven or even ten windows of something, then try opening mission control or switch between two or more desktops

Hardware not good enough to sell directly to customers

I don't recall anything bad from my experience. And I'm a heavy multitasker.
I don't have a mac anymore, sorry.

What are you talking about? It's easy to set up a hackintosh these days. Even a brainlet like you could do it.

outside of this thinkpad-obsessed shithole it seemed to be all about getting a mac os desktop that wasn't complete shit

imac is stuffed with babby-tier guts and the mac pro is fucking ancient

not so bad now that the imac pro is a thing but it's still twice the price of a comparable custom build and can't really be upgraded to help it keep up with newer shit in 2-3 years when it starts feeling its age

Wait for the Mac Pro.
And if that Mac Pro doesn't deliver, build a Ryzentosh.

>I don't have a mac anymore
then you must be talking about old versions of macOS (OS X)? i do remember these days when OS X ran smoothly even with heavy multitasking, but unfortunately, they are already gone

did you have a retina one?

apple really fucked up trying to drive those high-res screens from intel's integrated trash, mine used to shit itself once a week at least until they "fixed" it (which seemed to only involve cranking the ram reserved for video shit all the way up to 1.5gb)

now instead of crashing all the time, it's just fucking unusable because it effectively has 6.5gb of ram to deal with a heavyweight os and shit

you realize proprietary software isn't a pro r-right??

I think that Apple has left macOS in a sad state with those annual actualizations.
I had a retina one, but I don't recall using it heavily as the Mac Pro 4.1 I had.
Goddam, I miss that machine sometimes. It was the best computer Apple had made.

when you have a joke like fucking gimp as an alternative to proprietary shit like affinity photo and photoshop then yes it's a pro

For you, freetard.

Retina is so fucking stuttery it's not even funny.
The UI rendering engine is just so inefficient, every UI element is rendered as a PDF (yes Adobe* PDF)
Meanwhile a piece of shit Atom tablet with similar resolution can render the Windows 10 UI 60FPS everywhere.

Freetards need to be gassed.

i want 2000s apple to go back
OS X was a very nice UNIX with absolutely gorgeous UI

Attached: unix.jpg (1976x1202, 401K)

neck yourself commie

Hopefully the port that they did to that Metal 2 bullcrap will help them.
>at least is not X.org

get out

Attached: 1529302244891.jpg (460x355, 51K)

If you work with a lot of documents and or as a writer, publisher etc., the software pac and general design of macos is more useful than any other distro i have ever seen. Things like pdf handling, previews, word precesssing, emailing attachments, intelligent email auto grouping, etc etc are really well designed and put together on macOS.

maybe these features exist individually in other solutions but as far as i could see, its the best on that.

that said, for other purposes the general apple ecosystem (also software wise) is cancerous as fuck. Just try it, i dare every basedboy to just move a video from an iphone to a macbook, reduce filesize and sync it back to the phone. I swear this takes like 20 minutes to do because of all the lockdowns.

asking itc because related.

is it hard to make a hackintosh? I've heard you need specific hardware to make it work.

is mine compatible? pic related

Attached: swq89ZH.png (731x525, 39K)

You see, one of the selling points of the mac is video editing. There are exclusive video editing software used by most professionals, BUT,there's no such thing as a professional MAC.
There's no mac that is easy to repair and have a dual threadripper CPU specifically tuned for fast video encoding/rendering.
So, if you're an professional video editor nowadays, you NEED a hackintosh to have enough performance to work with 4k video.

The point is that you can develop software for Mac not having a Mac.

>I swear this takes like 20 minutes to do because of all the lockdowns.
Also because macs are gutless wonders and constantly thermal throttling on top of that when asked to do any serious work

I don't really have issues with software otherwise since everything I use lives outside of their crapp store.

Every single program is compatible and everything works... Linux has worse compatibility lel

airdrop
ffmpeg
airdrop

Software compatibility.
xcode for iOS dev, Sketch for web design/dev, FCP for video editing, Logic for music.

That and it's just a fun project, you can use whatever hardware you want and not rely on Apple's specific offering.

>start airdrop
>oh shit how this work again
>ah, ok
>need 200000 permissions
>ok
>need bluetooth too for some reason
>activate bluetooth on macbook
>activate bluetooth on iPhone
>realise youre not in a home network but on a train wifi so it doesnt work
>ok then
>wait 2,5 hours till train takes you home
>batteries depleted bc of bluetooth
>charge everything up
>start airdrop again
>fuck it just copy video file with pictures application
>dick around with it in imovie
>it doesnt work, cant open a new project with this file withput importing it into your imovie resoure database
>fuck it ok just use quicktime and save as 480p
>cant save to phone of course so need to save it on mb first
>cant save it in itunes directly
>save it on desktop
>import it in itunes
>try to sync to phone
>ERROR CANT SYNC BECAUSE YOU DONT HAVE THE APP "VIDEOS" INSTALLED ON YOUR IPHONE
>btw. cant sync fucking epub files either without the "ebooks" app
>mind you all the while phone is CONNECTED via USB to charge anyway

airdrop my ass fucking bullshit

Nobody uses fagOS for any serious video work. Especially not Apple since they know better than anyone what they shat out.

Attached: 1517420114778.jpg (954x608, 150K)

Thank you for thoroughly explaining your argument supported with evidence

Not but him but why would you suggest something so dumb though? No developer in their right mind would be using a VM for xcode...

>Svetlana Akaeva

Are you a girl(male)?

Literally who

This. OS X is shit anyway, if you *really* want to use software that doesn't run on Linux just use Windows.
Literally the only reason OS X is used at all is because it's preinstalled on Macs.

Gimp is becoming unironically a viable alternative to Photoshop.

You can just use Gahnoo/Linux and develop software that runs everywhere instead.

lol at that mousepad.
replacing it with a still shittier is not helping.

Attached: 12985126231.jpg (7040x1596, 1.86M)

Man, gotta give it to Apple. Fantastic fucking marketing. The had appeals to wannabee script kiddies and unix veterans alike. Especially considering the state of Linux wifi back in those days. You had to do some serious research on hardware compatibility when buying a laptop to use with Linux.

Not really.
Apple users are completely cucked in terms of what can compile for the Mac OSX and IOS.
You NEED a mac to be able to build shit for em.
You can write code that will build on a mac, but you can't actually test it.

xcode

it's clear you're not a programmer

>running a vm on your 4gb laptop from your company to run an ide
just imagine this

I'm a web developer and macos is optimal for that kind of work (native UNIX shell and tools, nice GUI, popular proprietary software like Photoshop and Office is available).

As for why I use a hackintosh instead of buying apple hardware, I think pic related speaks for itself. The $5,000 iMac Pro is the only model where the hardware gets close to actually justifying the asking price, and even then- if you don't need ECC RAM, you can build a machine that performs very similarly for much less. Having a nice monitor built-in is not worth the cost of not being able to repair or replace it.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-06-18 at 16.29.13.png (1002x166, 55K)

krita is very usable and has been better than the GIMP for a while.

hackintosh is fine if you set it up to run a particular bit of software like Logic X or Final Cut X or garage band or some thing. but if you update it on the regular your wasting your time. I used to use hackintosh but I have a old 10.16 MacBook that you can hack to run the latest logic X and that's all I use so I just use that.

I ran a hackintosh as a gaming machine around the time valve added mac support to steam was kinda fun but got sick of it when BF3 came out so went back to PC.

>a girl
yes
>(male)
unfortunately, no

>2018

it was always retarded

Its for when you're a faggot but also poor