Simply put...

Simply put, no other laptops on the planet has a panel that's remotely even near to the Retina Display of the Apple Macbook Pro.

Attached: macbook.jpg (2256x1208, 504K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/66276481/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/66292478/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/66298954/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/66305265/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/66306100/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/66306371/
wsj.com/articles/apples-next-laptops-could-be-more-iphone-than-mac-1528992149?mod=e2fb
digitaltrends.com/apple/macbook-pro-ownes-recall-keyboard/
apple.com/legal/warranty/products/embedded-mac-warranty-us.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm a macfag and this is objectively false. Its not 2012 anymore.

reported and saged

>its not an oled

lmao

The monitor is possibly the least important part of a laptop.

Attached: macshavethebestscreens.jpg (4000x3000, 2.83M)

What kind of salary does apple pay to shill on chans?

>I want my panel rotten in 5 years
Microled is the future.

I don't understand what's the point of that image.
The fact that the screen in the mac is tallest is a point in favour to it.
Still not a 3:2 screen.

Whoa, is that $2000 laptop better than that $600 China laptop?

What does this photo aim to show?

Does "Apple MacBook Pro" refer to the Dell XPS with 4K resolution?

5pyбль/hour

It's putting my kids through college.

>4k screen
>in a laptop
For what purpose?
I hate this "fixed resolution" meme. I want "fixed DPI" screens.

>t. dumbpad owner

how much did tim cook pay you?

fuck organic chemistry

>he doesn't put his eye on the screen when he shitposts

Probably showing that the MacBook with an IPS display has worse black levels and lower contrast than the ThinkPad with an OLED display.

I've worked with both a Macbook Pro, a 5k iMac, and a Blade Stealth.

I'll take the stealth any day, both in build quality and screen quality.

Fucking Razer makes better shit than apple. I always knew Apple was overpriced but my god.

>he can't see the difference in the blacks
so much for macfags claiming to have an eye for "design" and "aesthetics" and shit

Attached: 1521233428140.jpg (878x900, 146K)

For a common laptop size, 4k resolution is overkill. But a fixed DPI means that the resolution is depend of the size of the panel. Nor more or less pixels than necesary.
That's expected from a OLED screen vs a IPS one.
Does the Thinkpad panel comply with some colorimetric standard? Macs since 2016 are by default, equiped with P3 compliant screens
Does the OLED display lasts beyond four or five years?

I sure hope these sick fucks referring to Dell as "Apple" doesn't have anything to do with cannibalism

How blind are you holy shit

I'm writing from a thinkpad with awful as fuck color reproduction and backlight bleeding. All my blacks look like shit.

Lenovo is one of those companies that though appearing to compete with Apple is politically aligned with their so called competitors. I would not be surprised if Lenovo made their laptops inferior purposefully in deference to Apple

>That's expected from a OLED screen vs a IPS one.
Yes.
>Does the Thinkpad panel comply with some colorimetric standard? Macs since 2016 are by default, equiped with P3 compliant screens
>Does the OLED display lasts beyond four or five years?
Dunno, but I can tell you that the ThinkPad in question is a newer X1 Yoga with the OLED display and you can look up further information yourself because I'm phoneposting in bed like a faggot and I'm too lazy to spoon-feed you right now.

>All ThinkPads use the same trash tier TN panels as the 7 years old T420

>Does the OLED display lasts beyond four or five years?

Attached: br.jpg (1280x720, 102K)

list current (good) laptops with a better screen then

>>All ThinkPads use the same trash tier TN panels as the 7 years old T420
Learn to read. I'm saying that MY OWN thinkpad has a shitty panel. I know that W series can be ordered with screens that could run miles over the Macbook Pro P3 one.
>tfw postal service still doesn't want to drop my AUO panel
(You)

Chinaman here. The high resolution screen is useful for reading Chinese characters. Characters with many strokes (like "戴尔") would appear blurred on a normal resolution screen. As if we Chinamen didn't have enough problems with squinting!

What's the minimum DPI on a screen aceptable to make their hieroglyphs/ayylmao script nice and readable?

About 500

Over 9000, let's put it this way.

Stop using fucking qr codes for characters then

Is the brazilian that constanly does damage control for Intel?

We Chinamen are set in our ways. Even though we could use a language like English (or god forbid Korean) it's just not going to work out for us. We think in squiggly ching chong lines so it only makes sense that we read and write in them as well.

>good panel
>no anti-glare coating
And into the trash it goes.

The new panels are pretty anti glare without being matte senpai.

>pretty anti glare without being matte

Attached: macfag.png (217x233, 5K)

No they’re not at all. They’re trash.

Attached: 34B6C95D-2C7D-4201-B832-937F9DB0C897.jpg (300x260, 41K)

SOPA
My eyes don't lie to me, at least.

anti glare coating looks like dogshit

Stop Online Piracy Act?

>inb4 its some brshit meme

Full of shit.

Wrong, glare enhancing screens are what looks like shit.

>my word against your word
Its a stalemate.

Yet eve more fritshillfaggotry lies.

er fruitshillfaggotry.

>the butthurt is so strong that it can cause freudian slips
I would love to have a brand as polarizing as Apple.

Go take your 7 pound chinkpad to the $tarbuck$ then poorfag.

No, you’ll find that many people are disappointed in Apple’s current crop of shitty glare enhancing panels.

And you will find many people stating the otherwise.
Its a stalemate.

Reminder that this iPajeet shill outed himself.
>makes fake celebrity account
>sends himself messages for "le ebic trole xD"
>forgets to remove his sim
>exposes himself as a literal pajeet on vodafone india
>actually tries to pull a "i-i-i was just PRETENDING to be a pajeet" "i-i-it was just a joke!"
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/66276481/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/66292478/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/66298954/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/66305265/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/66306100/
>even tries to hide it with airplane mode
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/66306371/

Attached: 1495182410195.jpg (1200x800, 432K)

Nobody can make a convincing case that glare enhancing panels are better than anti-glare panels. Apple just switched to the glare-enhancing type because that faggot Tim Cook is a cheapskate.

Same reason they switched to USB-C, it’s simply cheaper.

>Nobody can make a convincing case that glare enhancing panels are better than anti-glare panels
They are if you care about things like color reproduction and contrast, for example
>Apple just switched to the glare-enhancing type because that faggot Tim Cook is a cheapskate.
Back that or gtfo.
>Same reason they switched to USB-C, it’s simply cheaper.
Doesn't make sense. They still have to buy the TB3 controller from Intel.

Yea, but you don't need 4k on a screen less than 20". Chinese characters are crisp on anything 1440p or above.

Which W model is that?

>does a MacBook last beyond four or five years

Thoughts?

wsj.com/articles/apples-next-laptops-could-be-more-iphone-than-mac-1528992149?mod=e2fb

Battery no. Keyboard no. Power cord no. Warranty no.

It still is.

Yes, because a panel that deteriorated with static images is what we want in a computer. On top of that which laptops have OLEDs with decent panel sizes and decent battery lives?

Negotiating tactic with Intel. Threaten their relationship so they get a better rate. Applel lie to and rip everyone off, even their business partners

Yeah, the hardware piece you are using 100% of time and directly interfaces with the human body.

Sad excuse.

>source: my arse

W540 onwards. Now they are called P series.

Nah, this isn't a negotiation tactic, this is the idea of some fucker outside of Apple that likes to talk bullshit about processors that he doesn't understand.
It's more probably that Apple ends licensing a Zen core design and adding their own bullcrapt that them dropping x86 in their laptops.

Not that guy, but
>Battery no.
Batteries degrade. This is fact. They rarely keep a good battery life for longer than 2 years, much less 4 or 5 years. No biggie if you can simply replace the battery, but in a MacBook you can't.
>Keyboard no.
digitaltrends.com/apple/macbook-pro-ownes-recall-keyboard/
>Power cord no.
Pic related. These shits will not under any circumstances last beyond four or five years. They might barely last two if you're lucky.
>Warranty no.
apple.com/legal/warranty/products/embedded-mac-warranty-us.html

Attached: F7MAWAGFZWXP08R.RECT2100.jpg (2100x1750, 1.06M)

>On top of that which laptops have OLEDs with decent panel sizes and decent battery lives?
Thinkpad X1 Yoga.

Well, at least is sourced this time. Thanks.

Depends on viewing distance

Assume 63 cm (The distance that I have with the screen of my thinkpad)

You bought your primary computer second-hand from eBay. It is a laptop made by Lenovo. It was used by a word processing Stacey for 4 years. It is a dual-core i5 from 5 years ago. The top of the machine appears to have been used to sharpen knives. There's a creak in the bottom left corner if you press hard enough. The right trackpoint button is mis-aligned with the left. You needed to replace the keyboard because it was in some weird European layout. The screen is a 900p PWM brainstrobe. Your family are bored of hearing about your year-long repair chronicles. They don't understand why you bought it. The battery latch is broken and if you pick up the laptop it disconnects and kills the machine. It took 4 months for the machine's exhaust air to stop smelling like a mix of Fanta and dust. The right hinge is looser than the left one, the screw bosses are barely held in place. Aliexpress is still going to take 20 days to ship your replacement trackpad. You want to return it but you have too much anxiety to deal with the process. You activated Windows with Sergey's activation tool. The wifi keeps dropping out every 25 minutes for some reason, you've tried to work out why for 3 months but find no solutions in any of the old forum threads from 2013. You use it plugged into the wall and ethernet. You didn't thoroughly disinfect it upon arrival. That second-hand keyboard still has around 5 small hairs from the previous user and some weird sticky small residue patch on the top right of the 8 key. You don't have much money, you live in a small town, you performed at a just-below average level in school. You haven't had a job in 9 months. You've not hugged a girl you weren't related to in 3 years.

Apple reminds you that you are a failure. Apple infuriates you.

Attached: thinkpad.png (1600x1324, 1.88M)

>hi resolution panel on a portable device
>ips panel on a portable device
sheesh get a desktop, we can't even get 24 hour battery life with dreaded 1366x768 tn panels yet, stop killing the battery

150 or so should be good.

>The right hinge is looser than the left one
This is where you messed up. Of all the things that might be wrong with a Thinkpad, they never have trouble with the hinges.

filename was implied to be MacShAVeThEBeSTsCrEenS.jpg
how can you not see that from the post

Attached: thinking.jpg (347x316, 21K)

Most Jow Forums has shitty displays that don't show things, like the level of black properly.

you fucking mong. that pic doesn't prove anything cause now its being displayed though my (or whoever else) opened it on their monitor.

Its like the "Here's 4k video vs 1080p video!!!1!" and watching it on at 1080p or lower res screen screen.

I own a tMBP15 2018 and an XPS 9560.
The XPS has a better screen, objectively.

You took a picture of monitors, with a camera that probably came from a phone, save it as a lossy compression format, and now view it through a different monitor

and yet the Mac still looks better.

>glossy
nope.exe

are you terminally blind?

Are you a contrarian? That Thinkpad has like a 900p matte screen with absolutely no HD capabilities.

isn't this produced by samsung anyways? Retina is only advertisement and probably a little bit of quality hardware.

That's a 1440p OLED glossy monitor you subhuman goblino.

I'm not graphics designer, so I'm not remotely near to giving a fuck about it.

MACTODDLERS ON SUICIDE WATCH

Attached: 1498402275430.png (228x260, 139K)

Keep crying about how you can't see the difference(just like 1366x768fags did when the retina MBP first came out). You'll jizz yourself when Apple makes a super retina macbook just like they did with their phones. The fact is that Apple is currently dragging their feet in keeping their display resolutions up to date.

Reminder that Retina is a meme invented by Scam Jobs, so Apple could confuse consumers and sell shitload of their products.

>scam
Where's the scam? It works as advertised.

So, when microled screens will begin to roll and replace the rotting oled and the grey-is-the-new-black IPS?

Retina was just their term for hiDPI products. They went full retard by saying that you couldn't tell the difference beyond that though since you easily can(see: print media). It's going to bite them in the ass hard when they have to go up on stage and say "haha so turns 1600p isn't the hard limit and that's why our laptops look like blurry shit next to an xps 13 or razer blade stealth with 4k displays."

They will call it super retina, so they are covered.
When Jow Forums thinks that Apple will be doomed, Apple already has made a trick to save face.