/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier
you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

previous thread

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 132K)

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/02/lg-extends-warranty-to-30-months-for-those-affected-by-bootloop-issue/
gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_602714.html
i.imgur.com/Pj1lLSo.jpg
i.lensdump.com/i/8oURGm.jpg
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_5_pro-8893.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm the user who bought a used LeEco Le Pro 3, installed LineageOS on it and it's really good; 8h+ of screen, gcam lets me take beautiful photos. The only problem it's the aggressive cpu throttling but I'm satisfied.
Pressing F for LeEco.
Replaced the screen of a Oneplus One too, touchscreen wasn't working. It was easier than I thought, thanks chinkbay.

How much longer are the android one versions supported compared to the regular and prime versions?

>He didnt buy Nokia 8 when they went for 299

They're not. It's mainly the experience that you're paying for.

>he fell for the locked bootloader meme

>regular and prime versions
What phone are you talking about? Anyway, current generation Android One phones are guaranteed to get two major version updates and three years of monthly security updates.

Well it depends to what phone he's comparing to. A lot of non-Android One budget phones only get one version update, if even that. Security updates aren't released on a monthly basis either, and not for three years.

What's the best mobile browser? I dont care about privacy since all I do is quick search and stuff like that. I want to ditch Chrome because is consuming too much battery, what does Jow Forums recommend?

Attached: 1524352499045.jpg (544x406, 44K)

Naked

Samsung Internet was really smooth for me, but Kiwi Browser seems promising.

>I dont care about privacy since all I do is quick search and stuff like that. I want to ditch Chrome because is consuming too much battery, what does Jow Forums recommend?
Type browser in the google play store search field and download the first thing that appears.

How often do you upgrade your phone?
For the first time ever I'm debating buying a flagship at launch when the XZ2 Premium launches this summer.
I know it isn't necessary, but I save most of what I make and I feel like I'd appreciate having a brand new smartphone.
Or is that just for suckers?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-06-18-05-51-53.jpg (1017x1161, 295K)

I upgrade every three years, and get the flagship of a couple years prior used. Works every time.

Tbh I wouldn't buy anything at launch, wait a couple of weeks then decide for yourself.

Do you recommend it for someone who's planning on traveling to the states?
I want something with a decent camera and battery life.
Did you try installing Google camera app with HDR+ on it?

GCam = Google Camera

I buy chink flagships every year, they're half the price of big brand flagships with most of the features and quality from my experience. I justify it by checking local prices, even though I know such frequent upgrades are absolutely unnecessary.

Currently on Meizu pro 7 plus. Am happy. Will upgrade probably next march or April.

Attached: S80619-00051766.jpg (1440x4208, 537K)

>thinken about upgrade
>manufacturers start cutting down SD card/3.5 jack/rgb notification leds
>keep thinken

Attached: 1429673496599.jpg (803x688, 108K)

Want these..
-good battery
-fast charging
-good camera
-3.5 mm jack
-dual sum
-not cause a hole in my pocket.

Smart.

>manufacturers start cutting down SD card/3.5 jack
I never understood this either. If that wasn't excluded, a curved screen edge gimmick and the notch are.

I'd you can't put that shit into gsmarena yourself do you really expect someone else to?

Are included*

Fuck you.
Tell me or leave.

>rgb notification leds
Why does Android still not have native glance screen support?
Much more elegant than an annoying LED.

Redmi Note 5

Meizu 15 or m6 note depending on budget my good friend.

What's the point of the Moto G5 Plus if I can get a Moto X4 for the same price?
I see that the X4 has a glass back, which is a concern. I've also heard something vague about the camera being mediocre.

You can see LED from across the room, not fond of glance screen

Put a case on, problem of the glass back solved.

Post phone history pl0x

If you're in the US the X4 is 3gb RAM and 32gb storage, whereas the G5 Plus can be had with 4gb RAM and 64gb storage.

I figured, hopefully that'll be enough. Thank you for the reassurance.

It's the 64GB/4GB Europe version.

>You can see LED from across the room,
That's the issue.
I have to remove my phone from my bedroom thanks to the LED.

For glance screen, I can just turn it over to prevent it from being annoying at night.

Either way, options are good. Yet they don't exist.

This year's chinkphone or 2 year old flagship

galaxy s7

i want a phone with at least 3 year chance of usability
which one should i buy? LG G6 or Nokia 8?

Nokia will get updates longer and is less likely to break

lg will bootloop before it hits 3 years

>muh curved screen gimmick
>muh bon-replaceable battery
Trash

chinkphone, always

still decent for $200

I want a phone that behaves such that if you turn the notification volume to 0, alarms still make noise, but nothing else makes noise. I've seen this on my HTC and not on my LG, but can you set any Android device to behave like this?

I thought literally every android could do that

Attached: Screenshot_20180618-181405.png (720x1280, 87K)

Not when you can get an S5 with a better screen and user replaceable battery for half the price.

Honestly I am not super familiar with Android. I went from Windows Phone to a cheap LG phone and it could not do that. It would also turn vibration back on if you turned the volume all-the-way down unless you set a separate setting. It was maddening and I want to make sure I don't end up in a similar situation.

My HTC behaved fine until I broke it by accident, and repairing it is comparably expensive to buying a new phone.

is LG bootloop very that bad?
is it even after change its android into custom ROM?

What is the probabillity of nokia 8 getting custom roms?

>still decent for $200
Not at all, especially in terms of battery life.

>is LG bootloop very that bad?
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/02/lg-extends-warranty-to-30-months-for-those-affected-by-bootloop-issue/
I wouldn't risk it either way, even with newer models.

Only S7 Edge has the curved screen meme, not the regular S7

I've had glass phones before, a nice cheap TPU case should be all you need, along with a screen protector.

best phone case and screen protector for s9?

>best phone case
Depends what you need it to do. Is it also a wallet for you? You didn't say.

>screen protector
Whitestone Dome Glass by far. The jew price is asinine but I have it and you really can't tell it's there by feel or look.

>best phone case and screen protector for s9?
Your luck.

>jew price
Better products cost more money, shocking

Take it back to Jow Forums, rabbi.

>Whitestone Dome Glass
i'll check it out
case needs to be slim and transparent/black but that's it, no wallet function needed
based luck poster

Not really phone question but bare with me.
I want to get tablet for reading PDFs and streaming video.
Is there better cheap option than used ipad?
Used Ipad air 2 16gb is about 200usd or less and even tho I dont like apple I dont know about any android equivalent with the same high resolution display

Do you guys know a good call-recorder?
One that does not require root access?

I had one years ago, but during calls it made a BIPing sound and people on the phone with me always asked me wtf is that sound!

Attached: 77534344.jpg (500x470, 39K)

ACR

Is there a good phone app so when people call me I can just press the back button or something, it no longer takes up my screen and I can still use my phone normally, but the phone will keep ringing for them so they won't know I've seen and dismissed their call?

fuck it dude
bought it
Order Summary
Whitestone Dome Glass Samsung Galaxy S9 Full Cover Screen Protector
Whitestone Dome Glass Samsung Galaxy S9 Full Cover Screen Protector
In stock
1 x £34.99
Olixar Ultra-Thin Samsung Galaxy S9 Case - 100% Clear
Olixar Ultra-Thin Samsung Galaxy S9 Case - 100% Clear
In stock
1 x £7.99

>tfw buying products for a phone that hasn't arrived yet
they should both arrive together though, hopefully

gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_602714.html

Make sure to watch install vids so you don't fuck it up. It's actually a whole kit. Comes with a UV light and a cradle for everything to be applied in. Also comes with two protectors and two bottles of glue so after like a year you can put a new one on since the old one will probably have a bunch of scratches on it by then

Thanks, I will look into it

>hardware from 2014
>software from 2015
I'm so pissed that development of tablets has basically halted.

Open the drop down notification shade, click on the settings cog and then press home button. At least on my phone that lets you escape the incoming call view

Doesn't on my phone, what phone/os do you have?

embrace the future, bro

Attached: hp-chromebook-x2.jpg (1600x1200, 275K)

Stock 8.0 Oreo, Sony XZ1C

When it breaks.

Planning to buy a new 32GB Nexus 5X (disabling the bootloop problem cores) for $100~ to use on Tello (Sprint, coverage is fine here) for a while since I'm primarily a WiFi-user and I'd be saving $15-20 a month over MetroPCS. Phone pays itself off if it survives 5-6 cycles.

Looking for second opinions, any other suggested CDMA phones for

>Win 10 tablet mode
Fucking cancer.

When can I finally adjust Win 10's GUI? I want to remake Win 8's tablet mode.

LeEco

my work subsidizes my phone, i can get any phone i want for free.
the most important thing is a big battery, and i need something that will last me for the next 3 years.
i don't care about a notch or if it has a headphone jack.
what should i get ?

Huawei P20 Pro. If you can wait with getting a phone then Note 9, it's rumoured to also have a 4000mah battery.

Convince me not to buy a OnePlus 6 RIGHT NOW!!!

Attached: Ree.jpg (225x224, 5K)

Shill me on
>OnePlus 6
Biggest dealbreaker here is no IP certification
>Honor 10
It looks cool, the back of it
>Google Pixel XL 2
I'm thinking of waiting for the 3 but I'm worried about how much it will be... 1000$? 900? 800?

unaesthetic
get an s9 l

i thought about it. but the skin on android is annoying and it looks like a cheap iphone ripoff

i thought about buying the pixel 2 but i am afraid 4gb of ram wont be enough to last me for the next couple of years. but on the other hand my galaxy s6 has 3gb of ram and it runs smooth like butter

the xl version

Naked Browser or Opera mini

RESPOND PLEASE IM A RETARD SPOONFEED ME

Dear sir, Xiaomi Mi8

Just buy it. I was on the last thread.
Its the best phone for you

Is it better? or is it just more value from its price?

Choose randomly. You are wasting money on either of the three. If it's not the lack of a micro SD card slot, it's the lack of a 3.5mm jack, curved edge gimmick or a locked bootloader.

Better value for money

Yeah, it's pretty good but it depends on the price. Remind that you don't have warranty anymore on leeco products.
By the way, battery life is excellent and camera is good enough: I used Google Camera by arnova as camera software and I'm happy with it, here's a link with a photo I just took for you.
i.imgur.com/Pj1lLSo.jpg

what's the cutest phone I could buy?

I have a Galaxy J7 (2015) and I want to upgrade, I was planning on something like the note 8, what do you guys recommend?

I need to buy a new smartphone, my Nexus 4 is about to break, its touchscreen is slowly failing due to a bad engeneering project, the nexus gets way to hot and it causes the touchscreen to die. The first thing that failed was the capacitive menu, it won't be long before it gets worse.
I'm seriously considering getting a Meizu, it is gorgeous and comes with a great DAC, it's excellent for Hi-Fi.
Motorola and Samsung are both shit and generic, I'd much rather get a Meizu. Sony is square, ugly and generic too. Apple is retarded and overpriced, and inferior in many ways.
Thus, I'll get a Chinese phone, it simply shits on the competition. Hopefully in 20 years Chinese will also have replaced English as the de facto lingua franca.

Attached: 0019609_meizu-pro-7-4gb-ram-64gb-rom-original-by-meizu-malaysia-m6-note-4gb-ram-64gb-rom-original-se (1600x857, 129K)

i.lensdump.com/i/8oURGm.jpg
there it is a not resized one.

Thinking about going back to android
What's a good phone under 200 euros ?
Something with good battery mostly and maybe a nice camera

>(((certification)))
just look up youtube vids of people testing it, it does great

gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_5_pro-8893.php

I can only tell about Honor 10.
Right now got it charging after discharging it until it informed me on 2% that will turn off in 30 second. Phantom blue is nice color, eye-catching for sure. Software works smooth, AI camera is somewhat hit/miss, but depends on the photo and can be turned off in gallery. Overall, camera is ok for the price. From 4GB or ram usually 1.2 - 2 are free. Fast charging with included power adapter is fast, like literally charged 20% in ~15 minutes when first charged. Loudspeaker is lound, so missing calls is not an issue. IPS display is really good as in most reviews being told. Phone is not stuttering at all.
I was afraid about screen time, but getting >4h and charged it 2 days ago - for me is ok. Actually, I hope some more optimization updates will come with that turbo gpu and maybe will prolong battery. Bought for less than 400 eur.

And bought it while decided between Nokia 7 plus and this. No regrets.

Should have got the Nokia

Well... Maybe. But I guess, in the end it was just that appealed more than nokia, also Nokia wouldn`t allow me to use it one-handed due to being bit more sizeable. Will get rid of this phone in a year anyway.