Honestly, why do you like to defend Apple and Microsoft products?

Honestly, why do you like to defend Apple and Microsoft products?

FOSS, Open Source and other things should be endorsed only.

Attached: Apple and MSFT.jpg (1200x640, 41K)

games

Why don't you fuck off. #autism

>hashtag on Jow Forums

Attached: despair.jpg (447x686, 62K)

Open source is proprietary software bundled scam.

>stop liking things I don't like!
Jow Forums is not your safe space.

Tribalism, it profits both rival company that's why paid shillers/ ad campaign encourage it

Do you that some Jow Forums users are just paid shillers?

I'll use the best tool for the job thanks
also foss advocates tend to be autistic manchildren

Because Apple gets everything right, sweetie.

But .Net is an open standard and mostly free open source.

>Open source
What is that? is it like free (as in freedom) software?

>best tool for the job
>something that spies on you and tries to take control of your computer
nope

I don't defend them, it's simply FOSS alternatives are mostly shit, I genuinely wish FOSS wins over them but I've long given up any hope.

Attached: Sad.jpg (499x283, 89K)

>He doesn't deny the autistic manchildren part

Anyone who fanboys for an operating system (proprietary or free) is an autistic manchild

This. I even went full freetard some years ago, but I realised I was just wanting my time.

Yes, better to install windows so you can do things that aren't a waste of time, such as look at memes on facebook or play video games

Don’t worry about them OP, they prefer to give away their personal data for free, which companies make millions off of. And the best part? They never see a single penny AND they defend the company! It’s pathetic, but I guess the economy is built off of suckers.

>FOSS alternatives are mostly shit
FOSS wins in almost every software category, what are you talking about?

Give me a good GUI and support for non-desktop form factors and I won't defend Microsoft anymore.

I do

Don't use autism as insult

Don't use autism as an insult, pitiful.

i dont defend them. Winblowz is a tool, and is currently the most effective tool available for my work.

Do not allow your work to become dependent on proprietary software, the developers are incentivized to trap you with vendor lock in and then start charging you a bunch of extra fees

>what are you talking about?
How about user interaction?

? You're not even making arguments.

you phone posters need to fucking die

I don't defend anything really. Windows, MacOS, and Linux all suck for different reasons. Right now I use a combination of Linux and Windows for my needs.

>what are marketing agencies and bait posters

>I'll use the best tool for the job thanks
this. if it happens to be open source - good. if not - oh well...

This. Freetards are childish manbabies.

Apple products are pretty nice, I think. I won't really defend them though, I don't have time for your guys' autism rants and I don't really care what you think anyways.

/thread

>user interaction

Sorry sweetie, retard normies shouldnt be allowed to use computers

>t. assblasted appletoddlers

>retard normies
But the GUIs are made specifically for retarded normies.
I'm talking about interacting with GUIs in a way that isn't a mouse marathon.

>How about user interaction?

Attached: 1522587695147.jpg (1024x768, 232K)

>why do you defend apple
Same reason I defended Sun, they do good things.

Wrong.

>t. poorfag
Enjoy living in your parents basement

Fucking based!

I like to defend Microsoft since i am a contrarian. They get so much unwarranted hate. Most of it seems to go back to butthurt 80s/90s shit too. "M$ is proprietary shit, they killed x and pushed y." "Omg win10 is spyware (while using google drive and always signed in android spy phone.)

Strictly speaking - yes, all Windows and macOS users are paid.

When you count the lack of autism, the time saved, our productivity and employability etc. we're paid quite handsomely.

>I'll use the best tool for the job thanks
I agree on that.
Linux - general browsing, programming, compiling, servers
Windows - gayming, photo editing (PS), benchmark

>everything I don't like is Applel!
Freetards everybody.

I need Linux to do my job tho, I don't want to develop muh AI algorithms on Windows and Macs don't have Nvidia gpus

>look for FOSS operating system
>It's just 1000 variations of a loonix with all of it's shittyness
No thanks

No, they are/were good company's.

>Macs don't have Nvidia gpus
Since when?

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-06-19 at 11.27.13 am.png (568x118, 30K)

fuck off commie shitter

Attached: 1497626309185.jpg (500x358, 30K)

>unironically believing in intelecual property
call me back when your "private property" doesn't need the government to even exist, statist fuck.

Kek
Open source is writing stuff for Apple and Microsoft nowadays, so I don't really understand your point

Attached: B8wEIJKNte.jpg (1035x320, 129K)

I love foss but libre office is literally dog shit compared to ms office

I defend nothing.
Not Apple.
Not MSFT.
Not OSS/FOSS.

Apple is a status symbol that started going too anorexic for its own good.

Microsoft is a soul sucking corporation that will squeeze you for every last penny.

FOSS/OSS has more politics than the Trump Administration.

The latest ones only have AMD gpus

>fucking posting shit from LITERALLY last fucking millenium
ok grandpa get with the times all new appleshit comes with poo in gpu vega godlike performance 4k.

>FOSS, Open Source and other things should be endorsed only.
Even when the proprietary product is objectively superior? I don't think so.

Attached: 1511417304158.jpg (719x586, 87K)

We can defend them because we aren't neet fucking faggots. We have jobs. We need to be productive.

>#autism
Mmmmmm

because they are shills or baby ducks

>FOSS implying it's better quality

>attacks your freedom
>objectively superior
nope

>"attacks your freedom"

>telling people what they can and cannot do with their own private property

>their own private property
uhhhhhhhhhh

>buy an expensive computer
>bill gates says you can't do what you want with it because you installed a proprietary OS

not really how it works user.

OBSESSED

t. never read any proprietary software EULAs

t. freetard that thinks microsoft suddenly owns your computer

>can't run any windows programs without running what microsoft forces you to run
>can't legally modify the OS
>"guys they aren't trying to own your whole computer i swear"

What does the first line even mean?
You're whining because you need Windows to use Windows software?

>if you want to run your programs you need to run our OS which includes unwanted features including but not limited to universal backdoors, spyware, advertising, DRM, etc
>trying to remove these things is illegal
>no valid technical reason to force anyone to use these things, WINE can easily be used to run windows software without windows, proprietary developers just include all this malware because they're cunts

Can you only speak in meme arrows? Come on.
Anyway, if course you can only run Windows software on Windows, complaining about that is fucking retarded.
You can also remove a lot of what you mentioned without touching the Windows source code, admittedly not everything, and is one of the disadvantages of using Windows over something else.
WINE is shit and doesn't work with a lot of software, and none of the proprietary software I use has ACTUAL malware in it.

>of course you can only run Windows software on Windows
except you can, see wine, sure it doesn't work with a lot of software, but there is a lot of software it does work with, plus windows itself breaks compatibility all the time
>none of the proprietary software I use has ACTUAL malware in it
really, can you look at the source code to prove for yourself that it doesn't?

>but there is a lot of software it does work with
And none of the software that I would want to use does. Not an argument.
>source code to prove for yourself that it doesn't?
Just because you have access to the source code doesn't suddenly mean there is no malware.
Of course people can audit it, but even this is very unlikely to happen if its something smaller/niche.
Its more of a reasonable assumption to make if its processor usage is reasonable, doesn't connect to the internet, doesn't create additional unknown file etc.

i want to nakadashi raphi-chan

Hot take, summer friend! Come on, let me show you around! :^)

you could try to verify those things without the source code but you still can't do shit if they decide to add them in later, if you have the source code, you can remove the offending malware yourself, or you can get someone else to do it for you, if the program is smaller/niche then it's even more important to have source code because it's even easier for the vendor to do bad things or just disappear overnight leaving you with unfixable broken software loaded with malware
>And none of the software that I would want to use does
case in point, if you have some obscure program that depends on obscure windows behavior that is hard to implement in wine, you're fucked, this is the definition of being forced to use something against your will

With regard to the first point, none of the proprietary software I have installed auto-updates and I have checking for updates is disabled. I very rarely update unless there is a security update, but as I said, barely any of it even has network connectivity, so even that is very seldom needed.
On the second point, a lot of the software isn't particularly niche, it just doesn't work well on Wine, because developers are obviously going primarily aim to get the software working on the actual target operating system. That's just a very silly point to make, especially when you use the word "forced".