Any idea how to make this less heavy? Its insane...

Any idea how to make this less heavy? Its insane, it takes more ram than all other processes combined and i only ublock origin

Attached: qwe_download.png (1200x1200, 254K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/MvpWptE8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: ff.png (796x898, 134K)

Ram is there to be used

Use uMatrix to block bloat from websites.

Buy more RAM

i want to save battery, on my desktop i dont care

8gb is enough

Use a browser not made by retarded communists.

cpu usage drains battery not ram usage.

really? can you explain more? I never learned the hardware side of things. So what can i do about cpu usage?

ram doesn't really use that much power compared to rest of the system and its state doesn't make difference since they are solid state cells anyway, cpu and hard drive use much more power compared to them. consider uprading to an ssd if you are on a mechanical ssd. convention wisdom is you need to use gpu accelation where possible to drop cpu usage. afaik they are default turned on all popular windows browsers

Yeah, uninstall it

>mechanical ssd

Attached: 1529197185591.gif (200x200, 27K)

Wow great argument

Attached: 1509274379217.jpg (320x156, 11K)

>install 16 GB of RAM
>firefox starts using over 8 GB of RAM because shitty fucking web """devs""" keep throwing on a hundred megabytes of js to assuage their kerning autism

mine.
pastebin.com/MvpWptE8

ESR 52

Check out the TDP of your CPU. On desktops it will be 65, 95 or (if your processor is shit) more than 100. On laptops it's usually 15W or 35W. RAM uses 1-10W, but it only uses more power if you're reading or writing to it a lot. Simply keeping a lot of stuff in RAM won't use more power. Also, RAM will use power even if you don't use it (meaning even if 90% of your memory is free).

But if ff is using that much ram, then it stands to reason is reading and or writing a lot also. So power usage is on the whole going to be higher... I suspect.

Chromium. If you're paranoid, Ungoogled Chromium.

>is reading and or writing a lot also
It's reading and writing far less than Chrome, you can check this yourself. You're loading dynamic content on websites, all browsers will behave the same until you disable half the features like JavaScript, media, etc. Which is why uMatrix can help.
And, again, the power usage of RAM in general use cases (even browsing) is near constant. Gaming or doing other heavy computing will use RAM more.

Just download more ram storage you faggot

>This program that's actually doing things is using more resources than those that aren't
Also you're complaining about it using 284MB, that's basically nothing.

>Lower content process limit
>Lower or disable caching

But seriously, using RAM is not bad. And your OS knows how to handle it.

Attached: firefox.png (1666x1221, 204K)

>And your OS knows how to handle it
But the problem is Firefox doesn't.

Wrong, look up the caching options in about:config. And process content.

>'firefox is too resource-heavy
>i want to save battery time
>never learned the hardware side of things
good thing google created chrome, so you morons can post funnies on teh internet, without the hassle of having entry-level tech skills.

This thread again?

The memory usage in Firefox comes mostly from memory leaks
In that case the memory isn't used by anyone

i disabled memory caching and multiprocessing in ff60 and it still leaks like a faucet

596 MBs on my end. 5 tabs + Youtube and Discord ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Attached: Untitled.png (1360x738, 162K)