Gpu rant thread?

>pic very fucking related volta was meant to be a mainstream gaming card not some exclusive workstation shit
I remember $400-500usd used to mean high end and now its bugger all because we have workstation cards (full phat versions of these pascal/volta/Turing/vega whatever) that cost $10kaud+ to buy.
Gaming cards costing $1000usd+ are normal now just like how we have luxury cars and shit that wherent around 100 fucken years ago when cars first really took off.
Ill be the first to admit i was out of touch expecting nvidia and amd to sell cheap high perf cards cheap to gamers out of the kindness of their hearts (being gamers themselves still ofc) but the market has changed.
Putting meme goldrush tier shit like mining aside theses cards do cost alot in components alone.
Not defending any company thats ripping people off but lets be honet here the ram cartel situation has been brewing for ages and has been bad this past 1-2 years and only getting worse due to supply catching up with demand.
Now its easy to write it off as ive been saying durr x company ripping us gamers off (which is kinda true but misguided) whats actually happening is that the more expensive worksation cards make them more money and a better return on said investment (because lets face it they are private businesses after all not public charities)
Its a very funny time in GPU history because we are so very very close to the end of tradtional year on year leaps that moores law is finally kicking back in right around the time we first broke the 1ghz barrier on consumer silicone back in the early 00's.
GPU's are going to have to go multicore module design just like cpu's did in the same time period if not quicker to keep up with all the massive amounts of 4k-8k+ resolutions are stupid high framerates we are trying to achive these days (100-244hz+ would have been unthinkable barely 5-10 years ago even at 1080p)
continued...

Attached: file.png (1604x863, 237K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fImcXn_V9Vc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>pic related is what might save the market in 2020 along side rajas intel cpoougpu larrabe2.0
I am not making excuses for whats happening mearly trying to lay it out as i see it, i may have some details slightly off but i feel i have covered enough that it will make sense to most of you if not all.

You bet your ASSS i want AMD to pull another radeon miracle and bust one some insane DX13+ Vulkan 2 Quad Core 3ghz 7nm beast with 20k +teraflop monster for under $500 but the fact of the matter is even though that card is probably very real it wont be cheap and it wont be here till 2020 at least let alone 2019 or even late this year.

Intel saw a gap in the market once their cpu's design started to break down at higher clocks/voltages on the old 14nm node hence why they got jim keller of athlon/zen fame in to fix whats broken (everything) then focus their energy on the same GPGPU market nvidia and now amd are making a killing selling to datacenters and what have you (mining is only a small part of the market btw msot of the huge sales and profits are all massive datacenter shit)
SO once thy get their card out in 2020-2021 properly with the same philosophy as larrabe (literally thousands of widdle cores that can emulate/do whatever you want, basically could emulate any card from the past/present/future and make tradtional gpu's from green and red team obsolete overnight just like what happened back with the 8800gtx and x19xx series) things will start to heat up in the low-high end consumer space where most of us gamers (who are a tiny % of the market now compared to back in the day as recent as 5-10 years ago) reside.

TLDR is this in a nutshell: cards cost more to make and gamer cards are low margin low volume trash to these people (amd/nvidia)
x card that retails a 499usd costs per card:
$150 in raw components alone (board, silicone, gpu, ram fan cooler etc) + assembly
$100 for support/drivers whatever
$100+ for r&d into said cards
$50 for shipping

Attached: justwaitfinewine202x.png (4000x2250, 927K)

>muh gaymes

>
= total $400usd before the card is even out the factory floor and on shelves
then the retailer/suppliers and manufacturing companies have to make their cut leaving pretty thin margins for amd/nvidia making mid-high end gaming cards.
Now factor in the prices of HBM/GDDRx going through the roof plus all the MASSIVE shifts in how gpu's are being used and we're in the situation we have now

PS. get whatever you can cheap now because pascal/vega 14nm is the last cheap gpus coming out until early-mid 202x, the market is fucked right now, turing is just another pascal/maxwell inbetweener, no dual core 16gb beast here, just more of what we've already seen with titan volta and most workstation cards like the nvidia gv100 and Radeon 7nm vega instinct (neither of those are coming to gamers ever)
THE GAMING gpu MARKET IS DEAD/DYING
Its all low-midrange sales, high end stuff is barely 1-10% of sales for even gamers these days which is why we are getting cut down binned workstation cards with rgb's slapped on them (which im fine with... except for the price)
Titan V is literally a cut down GV100
Titan Pascal is a cut down Quadro gp100
Vega = Radeon Instinct etc.
Everyone gets by with a polaris/vega and low end pascal 1050-1080 these days it seems why would nvidia and amd change a sweet deal? Sell us the scrap overpriced and sell the actual good shit to the massive farms making top dollar and paying them handsomely for it!
Literally a GPU cartel going on under your noses and you cant see it despite there being no decent mid-high end priced gpu's since the fucking Hawaii XT and Kepler era. Both sides have been re-releasing these cards tweaked for modern nodes and memory for 6+ fucking years.
I literally mentioned workstations
>Jow Forums related
multiple times, are you dense? Not all of us are gamers primarily here dickhead faggot.

GPU tech development has stalled for over 5 years

Attached: file.png (800x442, 658K)

Game Development used to fuel the gpu industry but since consoles made packing small powerful graphics solutions into homes everyone else outside of the ultra high end have stopped trying.

Intel might not even reenter the mainstream consumer market with that GPU or at the very worst sell a shit cut down version much like these i5-i9 garbage they've been selling since 2008.

Wish i got a xeon ages ago.

Attached: intelrip.gif (600x600, 127K)

I was actually looking at a new gpu today to buy but then I realized there hasn't been a single AAA game I've wanted to buy in 3 years and there is not a single upcoming AAA that looks good either. I'm not interested in battle royale or loot crates so that rules out 75% of the releases for the next several years. I'm also not interested in being lectured with ideological drivel that is focusing on pushing real world political opinions over forming a cohesive and coherent fictional narrative (Battlefield: Vagina, The Lez of Us 2, Gears of Tampon 5).

So I once again realized I will get by fine with my current gpu.

lel jokes on you I got a 1080 for $550 last year
>the absolute state of waitfags

jokes on both of us then i got a decent midrange 1080 with a aftermarket cooler new for $550usd shipped

>You bet your ASSS i want AMD to pull another radeon miracle and bust one some insane DX13+ Vulkan 2 Quad Core 3ghz 7nm beast with 20k +teraflop monster for under $500 but the fact of the matter is even though that card is probably very real it wont be cheap and it wont be here till 2020 at least let alone 2019 or even late this year.
>implying you'll be able to buy it
>implying BASED miners won't snap it all up the second it becomes available for sale

this graph is just showing their architectures not gaming specific gpu's. nvlink and 3d memory is exclusively for workstation as 3d memory is hbm2 and nvlink is a rival to pci

so what's your problem?

Uninteresting era for gayming. You gotta hand it to sjws.

the gpu messes as of late kinda killed my passion for hardware desu

sounds like you're running in 1080p resolution.

2.5k-4k is where ive been for yonks since the old 290x days in 2013 and going back to full hd looks like ass once you're used to crisp distance details
even downsampled to 1080p
>miners
>based
>not using ASICS
>losing money and time fucknig around with gamer gpus.
Hope NVIDIA and AMD pull the plug on you tards since its barely making them any money along with aibs who have to put up with all your returns and burnt out shit
Nope back in the day if it was on the roadmap it would almost always come out to the general consumer/gaming public, that changed since quadro really took off 5-10 years ago.
2 fucking years later those cards are slow as fuck for more demanding programs/games and are the same price if not more.
Are you dense or just slow?
This.
If you want to game go back to a PS5 or Xbox Two until PC gets interesting again, SLI/xfire is dead and multi core modular designs in the style of zen/memebus are a long way away im talking 1-3 years+

last time this happened my 770 and i7 920 lasted half a fucking decade

>go to pawnshop for guns
>obvious crackhead walking up with a 1070 under each arm
>"say brother, what you want for those?"
>two fiddy
>deal

Sometimes I love dealing with drug addicts.

cpus are interesting, zen, eypc and TR are insane, wish i got to play around with them sooner, absolutely love them and they dont even need fiddly shit like over clocking, just run as fast as they can as cool as they can out of the box, unlike intel where silicone lottery is insane
video related
youtube.com/watch?v=fImcXn_V9Vc
Kek, gonna flop my 1080 off to some dumb idort on egay in 2021 for $400+ LUL since the fucking MCM nvidia/amd crap will be well over $500-1500+ usd for midrange-high end stuff and thousands more for actual high end.

>not using ASICS
>what are ASIC resistant coins
>2 fucking years later those cards are slow as fuck for more demanding programs
>not forcing developers to cut the bloat and program with hardware limitations in mind to foster creativity and innovation
>your current card depreciates less and retains value for longer because newer and powerful cards aren't really entering the market fast enough
on a scale of yes to very yes, how much of a dumbass are you?

>be growing up and in late teens
>gaymen parts are cheap as fuck but just out of my reach because poor college student
>finally get my real job
>computer parts have skyrocketed in price to basically match my new income so it's a wash
And I'm not talking about inflation, I'm talking about how just a couple years ago you could get 16 gigs of RAM for $40 and now 16 gigs of RAM is nearly $200. That's not inflation, something else is going on.

That's called Samsung and hynix price fixing.

Stuff your meme coins up your ass
This as well, ive been stuck on the dole for over a decade now (no work around me, tried to move etc) and it was literally cheaper to build two ryzens + overpriced ram and shit over a single 1080ti/titan v.

Gonna pivot and get into more cpu intensive shit, i found rendering fun.

>Stuff your meme coins up your ass
>being this much of a salty assblasted nocoiner boomer

i literally dont have the money to invest in shit mate i can barely keep the lights on and fuel in the cars let alone buy food, shits expensive and the dole doesnt magically rise with inflation here now fuck off and run along back to Jow Forumscord so you can jerk over whatever $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ you think you have while real money men look at both of us and laugh

Attached: bitcoinwhirrrrrr.png (996x455, 473K)

korean Jews doesn't stop jacking up prices in RAM for nearly 2 years.

>Samsung and Hynix getting sued for price fixing for the third time in less than 20 years
These guys are huge assholes aren't they

>he doesn't mine shitcoins with his rig
Your rig is there. Unless you pay out the ass for electricity you might as well mine some shitcoins while you work your real job

yep i do actually so i never bothered, would have lost money

>Aud
Oceanic europoor detected

And? Nice non reply mate

Attached: 1507606675684.jpg (401x685, 69K)

>Nothing is gonna change even if AMD brings a clearly superior product just like with the HD 6xxx, 7xxx and the R9 2xx series
>Little subhumans will still buy nvidia and complain about AMD not being competitive after they have blown all their Budget for nothing