Release: Mario Kart 64 Jow Forums mod

drive.google.com/filed/1Z9_I70xdZTYfZKi75MRe9l9pk6KDi4Yk/view

no modified audio because brainlet (it is possible to change them) and no modified levels because the modding tool doesn't have it yet.

With that said, let's-a go!

Attached: vid2.webm (720x480, 1.93M)

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/open?id=1Z9_I70xdZTYfZKi75MRe9l9pk6KDi4Yk
origami64.net/showthread.php?tid=456&page=14..
drive.google.com/file/d/1sD477b83RwVpKMtqRyhTMQyM8u7yg9dT/view?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

thats pretty cool actually. who else are characters

here's the bigger splashcreen for reference (not optimized).

Attached: coverfinal.png (1280x960, 1.97M)

Cirno, bantan, leaf girl, aussie girl, kot, duke, apu, and bear.

Also posting the canceled spashscreen

Attached: cover.png (1167x911, 440K)

Think ya could consider swapping Apu for Borche, he really deserves it more
Would also say add Simon but obviously there are only 8 spots
t. former Apuposter

Wow, this is neat. Downloading now.

Scratch that. Link is dead.

thanks pretty cool all in all. nice job user

Attached: 1538761061289.jpg (480x360, 133K)

OP, come back and fix the link.

chirnu had the inside line

bumperino, fix the link m8

Attached: borger.png (283x292, 98K)

drive.google.com/open?id=1Z9_I70xdZTYfZKi75MRe9l9pk6KDi4Yk

didnt know you had to set it as public first..
can you see it now?

Yeah, it's there now. What are the instructions to get it running? Just throw it at an emulator?

Yes you can. its the raw rom.

absolutely extremely based

I really wish my PC was running so I could try it out. I wonder if this would run on an everdrive on an n64? It should have no problems really, right?

Attached: 1536546377704.png (1115x957, 467K)

I'll try it out now.

Sorry m8, if i had to choose i would swap bantan intead of apu. But i will not atm.. Maybe when the modding tool could expand from 8, then i will include all crew.

Works like a charm user, good job!

Attached: dab.jpg (349x509, 39K)

I can’t download it, I’m using mobile. What characters are on there?

I dont know about evedrive but i had read about them running their mods in real hardware via reprogrammers...

>No Satania
At least the Duke made it in, nice job user. Will you be updating this in the future? I could see this being dumped onto an actual Nintendo 64 cart.

Attached: (you).jpg (1361x810, 427K)

I'd rather have Chino in before Satania, but I'm happy with the reps we got. I feel it's representative of the board, even if... a LITTLE outdated, maybe?

Dude this is so cool

Dumb frogposter

Dated? Yeah, I think bear, Aussie girl and perhaps bantan could be replaced by more current characters.

What are the buttons on the keyboard? I cannot figure it out.

Okay, this is based

Attached: 1538900365758.gif (500x500, 24K)

Don't replace Jow Forumstan. Also don't swap any of the current characters with waifu shit imo

Nah its all about the core Jow Forums characters, piss Akari and Ashley don't fit in the same way
I'd swap loli tan for Jow Forumsanna but desu loli fits better with the bear
Only one I'd swap out is Apu, but stick Borche in

I get your point bong, it's difficult to work with Mario Kart 64's limited character space

Attached: sketch-1536725795164.png (908x1920, 288K)

No, I think they're fine, just maybe representative of a younger Jow Forums is all.

You have to set them in your emulator.

I agree, though I'm very happy with the current list. Plus, let's not forget OP did this out of passion. We shouldn't be so quick to proclaim it wrong.

bump

I love it

Attached: Megazone 23 23.jpg (784x590, 70K)

okay that's kinda cool

Oh wow.
That's really cool.

Attached: 021f57c0825b3d1407da2b440ded0d30258acfe837440c9f607a5f7baf0ccd8e.jpg (620x465, 127K)

ben shaBiro abbroved

Attached: 1507947728518.jpg (665x345, 40K)

Filipinos really are the most powerful race in the world

Very nice

Attached: EC847EC2-7BAB-478B-B957-E0F2D03E4FE5.jpg (876x404, 62K)

Seconding replacing Apu with borche. Apu's become an Jow Forums now.

Or even Blepe for the retro appeal if you still want to use a Boy's Club character.

Attached: 1528908609976.jpg (532x307, 52K)

stop saying you would have preferred whatever character

It's OPs game and he did a fine job!

I suppose it's less "I would have preferred X character" and more "we really, really don't want X character representing Jow Forums".

Nevertheless, wonderful job Flip user!

link no longer works

try the second one

Very nice, OP

This is epic
If there any way to do netplay with N64 emulators?

While we're on the topic, whatever happened to greece and his whole game project?

>Duke is DK
>Kot is Yoshi
we need soundmods now

didn't pay his debens

works on debian lamo

Attached: 1539053759383.png (1166x774, 432K)

They mentioned kaillera, but it is not working properly (the rom wont show), and the other dude says he uses mupen64++ which he says works fine. I havent tested this myself. Hope it points you to the right direction

I can help you out in finalizing the sound replacements later on for the next major version. This shouldn't be THAT much different from replacing SM64 sounds, and I've got all the needed software to do packing/unpacking compression/decompression on-hand.
Maybe hold a vote to replace Apu with either Borche (my personal vote, as he's curiously still a top repost)/Simon/Blepe/Sprudo/whatever if the roster can't be expanded (complete with making the needed assets with the magic of Google Sketch Up and Photoshop if needed as I can tell you're overworked), though IIRC there's actually enough room for up to two more players in addition to the "main" eight, it's just not supported by the default UI configuration in the start screen.
I must confessing an Jow Forums icon present leads to unfortunate implications, but I appreciate flipanon's efforts regardless. I'll still offer up my services to aid them.

Perhaps we can set up regular netplay threads once this is polished?

Attached: 1527871005774.png (385x299, 156K)

Greece had to leave during Cirno Day and won't be available for several months. I remember his last thread, and how it was shitposted by the Romanian Apuposter who appreciated his leave.

Evidently, I think that is one of the major reasons people think adding in Romania's avatar in poor taste.

anyone tried parsec?
kinda like team viewer for games i guess. it looks neat. except for mapping controllers on the box that runs the emu

First, i never really wanted to make the mod as a representative of Jow Forums or whatever, that is why the lineup tends to accomodate the general posters rather than being faithful to the core Jow Forums characters. that is why the apu is in. I just wanted to accomodate the frenposters who had taken shelter on Jow Forums.

But i'll be honest, i might be biased as i never had attachment with simon, borche, etc.. (Wasnt on Jow Forums in their golden times) as i have with the duke(came in just in time to experience healthy dukeposting), alz(somehow he leaked over [s4s]), and the rest of the lineup.

Though i have no problem swapping apu out in future releases, as he is already in this version. Simon, borche, etc.. modelling is no prob.

>> 6647025
Thanks for your interest for the sounds. I think they used sm64 editor for replacing the sound files. One must produce the grapically modded rom before editing the audio, the reverse wont work.

Also the mod tool for mk64 only allows 8.

fine with me. do what you want

Godspeed anons. Here's hoping for next version and netplay soon.
For me personally, the breaking point was when they spammed in Happy Day after saying they wouldn't. Sorry if we stirred the thread's topic, OP.

This is pretty awesome, friendo. I might try it out sometime.

WHAT
HOW DID I MISS THIS
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I shall keep you updated.

fucking cringe
another prove of that the underage cirnofags ruined Jow Forums

danny pls go

So if/when sound samples get added, what would we put in? The Duke's is most obvious, but what about for leafgirl and aussie girl? what does apu or haha look at him go sound like? Bant-Tan? etc

>not use the cheat

apu is an Jow Forums meme
so yes please a Jow Forums character would be better

Awesome

We'd need to figure out what they shoud be, yeah.

A wonderful project! Thank you for your hard work.

good work

Attached: 1534962657559.png (399x700, 278K)

Great work. The game runs like a charm.
Can you upload the 3D models you used toale the sprites?

Attached: Screenshot_20181012-180917.png (1920x1080, 1.77M)

based

Attached: 1538918789490.jpg (250x250, 6K)

Supremely based thread

gj OP

Nice as fuck m8

Attached: 1533840689743.gif (403x447, 316K)

Nice.

Attached: bant currency.png (800x400, 209K)

>404 not found
Use a pomf clone like catbox.moe next time OP.

See

Speaking. Flipanon, what version of Mario Kart 64 did you base the mod on? I can't seem to open it using the N64SoundListTool.

Attached: Sirkku2.png (512x512, 94K)

Really awesome job, guys! I love it.
(too bad pj64 crashes for me in the middle of races for some reason)

Attached: 6e84108274bffe293b0e6f908e599ead.jpg (587x853, 49K)

It's usa version. You are supposd to edit with SubDrag's sound tool i dunno.

You can see their conversation here. origami64.net/showthread.php?tid=456&page=14..

I will swap apu with borche now..

Noted. While the issue is stated for Pitstop64 in particular, I can't help but wonder the reason that the Sound Tool can't read the rom is due to the edits. I'm not sure how these programs read it, but I suppose the modified textures are causing it trouble.
Hang onto those project files. It might be needed that I'll have to modify the sounds of a clean rom and then have the project file inserted over that particular rom with the edited files.

Attached: Sirkku_Eyes.png (1024x1024, 250K)

Er, where did you get your base rom? For z64 files, all I can find is the (U) version.

Attached: Ice_Thing.png (1067x894, 263K)

Possibly. It might cause offsets or something. Worst case is ill hand you the files and youll be the one to make it, which is basically plugging the assets in.

I remember downloading it as .n64 and converting it to .z64 since the tool only allows .z64, i think that was (U).

Attached: borche.png (355x388, 48K)

Just installed mupen64plus to play this. Any ideas why I get this graphics glitch every other frame? It's probably a basic configuration problem but I'm a noob. The game runs well otherwise.

Attached: 2018-10-13-1.png (640x480, 148K)

Pretty radical how quickly you were able to do that.

Posting 2nd splashscreen

Cant help you on this one. So far no problems using project64.

Nothing big really. Just recyclng the first carts, i just changed their heads.

Attached: splash2.jpg (1280x960, 636K)

v2 release. swapped apu for borche.

drive.google.com/file/d/1sD477b83RwVpKMtqRyhTMQyM8u7yg9dT/view?usp=sharing

I'm going to keep both versions just in case. By the way, do you plan to mod the sound files too?

Just downloaded it and emulated it and it was really nice. I didn't really think I'd have enough space on my phone but now I can play it.

It was really surreal because of how nostalgic I am for MK64 (it was my first video game, ever).

thanks oodles based philippino

based

Sweet.

NICE

Attached: 1-UpFish.gif (500x333, 64K)

>V2

EVEN BETTER

Attached: SlipperyUmaruFish.gif (209x172, 102K)

Excellent!

Getting down to business now, which characters replace which drivers? I'm going to test out to see if we can convert Duke first before going all the way.

Attached: Opened_.png (579x723, 21K)

I have an amazing Idea guys,

1. get parsec

2. download mario kart and the emulator

3. get on parsec and play together???

4. fun?

Mario - cirno
Luigi - bantan
Peach - leaf
Toad - aussie
Yosho - kot
Dk - duke