YouTube halts video but not audio when window not in focus

>Have 2 screens
>YouTube with video open on one, browsing shit or playing games on the other
>Video plays fine for a few minutes then video stops but audio keeps going almost as if it's somehow broken or frozen or it's caught up with the realisation that I don't have the YouTube window in focus
>Video will not continue to play if I simply click on the window. I have to move my mouse over the video to "un-freeze" it and it'll return to playing normally
>This happens on every video every few minutes and it's been happening for a few months now
What the flying shit fuck is this? I get headaches from seeing the footage stop but hearing the audio. This has been happening for a few weeks now. I've been using Firefox and I haven't updated anything. I've re-installed it a few days ago but the issue persists.

Anyone else has this issue?

>inb4 lol firefox there's your problem pal
Fricc off dude, leave my browser waifu alone.

Attached: shittiest video platform in the entire observable universe.jpg (796x419, 12K)

Call Apple tech support. /s

>Firefox
Lol, there's your problem pal. Switch to Chromium, it's better anyways.

Youtube is coded to not work on firefox lel

I said leave my furry waifu alone, user.

Attached: 1525118273323.jpg (1070x1196, 727K)

>using firefox in 2018
whats wrong with you

user please help me and leave my hot fire girlfriend alone please.

Attached: 1529097343336.jpg (307x309, 17K)

Hello Mr. user, I usually do the same thing you described, using the same browser you use, and yet I couldn't notice the same problem, so the only thing I can assure to you is that it works on my machine.
Thanks for listening.

>Hi there Sir, send me a PM and I'll get your issue sorted fast!
>Posted: 12.04.1942 @ 12:49:01

Guys help me solve this problem.

Attached: Girl 1.jpg (1280x960, 138K)

Install mpv+youtube-dl

>Anyone else has this issue?
I don't use the youtube video player. Many video players will play individual youtube videos as well as playlists. The most direct solution to your problem may be to use your media player. I use mpv (but if you don't like cli you could probably try vlc).

No, it's on the YouTube page, all online. I don't have anything downloaded.

cute gir-
>those fingernails
why

Use Qutebrowser

Attached: 1448666951261.png (648x648, 166K)

but why :(

Attached: 1525727744899.jpg (628x480, 26K)

>I don't have anything downloaded.
What I am suggesting is using a media player to play the video instead of the youtube page. Open the video or video playlist using your media player on one screen, then do your other stuff on the other screen.

Here is a pic of my playing a video on youtube without using the youtube player. Streaming not directly downloading (I mean when you stream you are downloading but that is besides the point). If I am missing something (maybe I don't understand your issue) then let me know.

Attached: 2018-06-19-175959_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 1.48M)

sharp fingernails aren't cute

Yeah but I kinda like 'em.

Attached: 1528197938034.jpg (1200x1281, 351K)

Not the same problem, but I found out recently that audio driver issues can cause stuff like this. I was having an issue where the audio would halt and visual playback would continue while a spinner showed in the middle. Refreshing the page sometimes fixed it and sometimes not. I eventually realized this only happened while I was using wireless headphones with the dongle plugged into a USB hub; once I plugged it directly into my PC tower the problem stopped.

So, you know. The issue could be in a surprising place here. Might want to update audio/video drivers, or if you started using a new device around when this started, check on that.

to each their own

could you revert to your default configuration? go to about:config then click refresh firefox.

same question about finger nails, could it be she a lesbo? she likes fingernailing?

possibly or she likes fingering boybutts

I have the same problem ever since i switched to AMD (ryzen) i have no idea why

tried using edge,ff,chrome

my laptop works fine (intel broadwell)