What is the most difficult programming language to fully grasp?

What is the most difficult programming language to fully grasp?

Attached: computer-programming-languages-word-cloud-dp-336x280-300x250.jpg (300x250, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

flyingfrogblog.blogspot.com/2013/10/herb-sutters-favorite-c-10-liner.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

baSIC

brainfuck

Lua. I can't grasp how arrays could ever start at 1.

Binary

do arrays really start at 1 in Lua? oh shit

Whoever made this design decision should publicly hanged

Assembly.
Someone please help me, i'm retarded.

Attached: Simons_Basic_Splash_Screen.gif (360x240, 2K)

>However, it is customary in Lua to start arrays with index 1. The Lua libraries adhere to this convention; so, if your arrays also start with 1, you will be able to use their functions directly.

You can technically start at 0 but convention says otherwise.

I remember when I was programming a game on a Tandy, it was literally just symbols

Language is not difficult, finding better algorithms is hard.

>quoth the esl

t. nomaths

C++. It's impossible to know every little detail and pitfall of the whole standard.

Understanding the language is easy, understanding someone else's code can be a pain in the ass.

Prolog

C++
It has a whole Turing-complete meta-language built into it.

What should I do after fucking around with pythonf or a year about?

I'm ready for fucking memory allocation I'm a big boy now

Could be worse. In Pascal, some arrays (namely static ones) start at 1, and some (dynamic) start at 0.

Most difficult? Python.

Piet. Hands down.

Tcl.

Oh wait, you said most, not least!

In Pascal, array indices can be any ordinal range, so if it starts at 1 it's because the author of the code chose to use 1..N. The ordinal doesn't have to be a number either. Think of a WorkSchedule as an array of Tasks ranged from Mon..Fri, for example.

The only array that is actually defined to start at 1 is a string-type, so "hello" is a packed array of char ranging from 1..5.

Those "dynamic" ones are from various languages extended from Pascal, like Turbo Pascal and Delphi/Object Pascal. By the time these came about, C and languages taking inspiration from it were popular, so rather than try and find a "consistent" way to do dynamic arrays, they just created their own thing that always started at 0.

c++

I fully understand brainfuck, it's the simplest turing complete language with a bit of a rough syntax. The hard part is turning the algorithm in your brain into something that runs on a turing machine.

C++
Even the guys working on the C++ standards committee don't understand all the details.
It's a beast of a language.

flyingfrogblog.blogspot.com/2013/10/herb-sutters-favorite-c-10-liner.html

The hardest part about Lua is metatables, which isn't even that hard and after that it's a fucking dream to program in