What's the most efficient/productive method for organizing bookmarks when you have a lot of them?

What's the most efficient/productive method for organizing bookmarks when you have a lot of them?

Attached: beavis-on-computer.gif (492x376, 337K)

what kind of bookmarks?

Attached: 151.jpg (600x500, 21K)

browser bookmarks you silly

In that case, delete them.

delet them

Attached: 1528935252028.jpg (225x225, 8K)

i said organize, not delete

>What's the most efficient/productive method for organizing bookmarks when you have a lot of them?

Deleting them.

Fuck. Beat me to it.
Guess it isn't clever.

*What's the most efficient/productive method for organizing bookmarks (without deleting them) when you have a lot of them?

Use a system. You gotta have system.

Attached: 4L_MVL8VDaz.jpg (236x178, 11K)

systems are too old-fashioned

Topic then Relevancy
Trust me. Even if you have 1000 bookmarks you can organize them by What you Access them For, and how Often you Access them.

Folders with folders inside of them you fucking stupid faggot. Assign each folder a role for specific tasks, use a priority to set which should be first, then if you're not a fucking scrub- assign the most used ones a hotkey.

Pro-tip: if you're a scrub- try ctrl+home

sound advice

>Pro-tip: if you're a scrub- try ctrl+home

Attached: 1428483546423.png (364x313, 7K)

I keep all my book marks in a file called ~/.bookmarks. I've got it so when I open my browser if i press ctrl+b it opens dmenu and as i type the bookmark i want it pops up

A list.

I honestly thought OP was fucking trolling.

Nobody will answer differently.

No, not trolling. Just looking for weird ideas..

such as

Want more? Take over your bookmark code and add an interval to each. Use it for a month, and then sort by usage. You're welcome.

Attached: ldly90jvpqo01.jpg (1221x1255, 131K)

Org Mode

Attached: 87dca6b983dad15855e2d1f8893389d5.png (501x586, 357K)

Oh silly, you didn't know? Bookmarks are outdated, Pocket is so much better way for modern times.

Attached: 1513635704798.png (968x745, 933K)

>giving your data to mozilla

lmao

I just don't care and go with whatever my browser's default solution is. Sure, I can lose 0.5-1 seconds each time I search for a bookmark, but arranging them properly would cost me 20+ minutes that would probably never be gained back.

I've got several markdown files with links by category and grep throught them to search for what i'm interested in.

Another option is using something like buku

Organize them in folders

My startpage is a html file with the most important links.

I delete the rest.

Have browser plugin to index them and make them available for search.
Search index can either be a separate server or entirely done in the browser plugin, search ui can either be in address bar or on a custom new tab page
Alternatively rely on 3rd party bookmark syncing stuff like wallabag

Personally, i rarely use bookmarks. I have tons of them, but usually it's just to check maybe 4 sites. Rest is for rainy day i guess? or just when I have too much tabs open at once (71 ATM) and bookmark some of them.

* nested folders
* tags (build in in ff, fantastic feature)
* based on content (i have both /graphic for drawings etc. and /programming/graphic for opengl and game dev)
* check if bookmarked site still exists (after 5years)

this sounds cool. I often have just .txt with readable text and ocassional link for my projects, so everything is quite scattered

why not just use speed dial?

Your post history indicates that you're never clever.

Use tags with relations of some kind.
Jow Forums.org : imageboard, meme
Jow Forums.org/g/ : (implies Jow Forums.org tags), tech
spamfilter.com/user: myblog, ladyboys, financial statistics

etc.

I made them into a local start page.