I just decided to write my own calendar service because everything Google and Microsoft develops is too bloated

I just decided to write my own calendar service because everything Google and Microsoft develops is too bloated.

Should I use ASP.Net MVC, ASP Core MVC or ASP Core?

Attached: Untitled.png (800x800, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

takes.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>not using Go

No, I already have a job as .Net developer. I'm not gonna use any meme languages or meme libraries.

If it hasn't existed for at least 10 years it's not stable enough

A shell script
Anything else is over engineered and bloated

CORE
O
R
E

I like core.

I have actually never used core but only asp net mvc. Do I need to reinvent the wheel if im using core or what are the disadvantages of it?

Use AspNetCore for your needs.

I went with Asp.Net Core now because it will be cheaper to use since I can just throw it on a linux vps

the only disadvantage i can come up is that there are many nuget packages that are not yet ported or are very immature to this day. i.e. signalr was ported to core very recently
also despite the fact the EF core runs faster than EF, core version still has many features missing - not ported from EF

Exactly - and on windows you can easily plug in their HttpSys/WindowsServices hosting nugets.

Just install radicale

This.

Use Takes.
takes.org/

no

It hasn't existed for more than 10 years, therefor it doesn't meet my requirements

Go was released 2008, so it is exactly 10 years now.

Use cython

>using a calendar service in currentYear

you realize that's a retard test you failed

ASP Core is nice, but it's still fairly new and some libraries may not be ported (or fully ported) to .net core yet. I'm not saying library support is bad, but don't be surprised if a library you find isn't compatible with .net core

If you plan on hosting on a linux machine however, I'd use .net core regardless.

Yeah I just realized that, can't even download Bootstrap and jquery from Nuget.

True, I'm only using ASP Core to save money so I can use digitalocean's cheapest vps plan

Things like bootstrap and jquery should work just fine, but you can't get them from nuget, you'll have to manually setup those up (I used both on a personal project that used asp.net core)

You could also setup something like gulp or bower to download/install them for you

> can't even download Bootstrap and jquery from Nuget
Why would you want them on the back-end in the first place?

net core hasn't been around five years ago, let alone ten

> doesn't want bloat
> wants to use Microsoft asp which is pure bloat

Wtf am I reading

Why? What's wrong with something like Thunderbird and a CalDAV provider? Is this just the typical Jow Forums screed about minimalism and botnets?

You shouldn't be using bootstrap when css grid and media queries exist. You shouldnt be using jquery when ecma6 exists. Both of these are bloatware

>not gonna use any meme languages or meme libraries.

then don't use .net MVC anything. that shit is cancer. Roll your own using MVVM and WPF

core is a great idea but not stable yet. We have encountered errors with entityframeworkcore, system.data.dataclient. Only use it if you a cheap bastard and dont want to pay for windows hosting.

Attached: 0cWeO6h.gif (245x276, 1.9M)

Qt

Use some form of asp core so you aren't locked into using Windows as your host. I'm using MVC for a project of mine. Take a look a razor too. You may or may not like it.