Hey user, *:3*, let me send you this meme to your email, what is yours?

>Hey user, *:3*, let me send you this meme to your email, what is yours?

>uhhhh, sure stacy.
>my email is [email protected]

>haha *-__-*, you uhhh, you don't use protonmail.com?

>nah, i'm too lazy. plus im so uninteresting no government would want to spy on me, hee hee!
>Have you seen the new Onions bottles? So hard to open, tried to open one during the new AVENEGERS movie and it was so hard, my ex-wife's son had to open it for me, hahahah

>hmmm, i think i'm going to go send this meme to [email protected] instead, enjoy having unsecure emails, later loser

So, Jow Forums, why don't you use and pay for superior email?

Attached: facebook_logo.jpg (600x300, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnupg.org/
protonmail.com/terms-and-conditions
protonmail.com/blog/diversity-in-tech-why-it-matters/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Onions
>S_o_y_l_e_n_t

why does this gook who owns this website do this now, wtf senpai

>senpai
Weebs have no room to talk.

wew

I tried to say f_a_m

>n-no bully pls
>I-I'm not a weeb h-honest

okay [email protected], whatever you say nerd

le epic meme bro

>sending and receiving emails that aren't GPG encrypted and signed
>trusting companies to host your emails

lol, enjoy getting spied on losers

Attached: 1528819419695.gif (400x296, 443K)

>implying your system is safe

you made me laugh, thx :3

Fell for it long ago and I'm loving it.
Jow Forumsews are mad

Attached: ­.png (1230x996, 47K)

what am i looking at, your employee's subscriptions?

Oot, Is proton vpn can be trusted?

proton doesn't even have encryption keys themselves, so yes

Mine monthly payments. Though technically I'm not paying for it, small company I'm working for does, still I won't use anything else even if I'll ever change the job. Custom domains + protonmail folders + ability to use multiple email addresses under one account = happy me. Saves shitton of time if you actually use email

Kinda funny how in 2015 Jow Forums was literally selling the invites to PM beta. Fastforward to 2018 and it's "too mainstream" now. Never change people.

>he doesn't host his own email service
Like seriously it's not even that hard

Only I have the keys to my email and I fucking know it.

>implying your system is anywhere near secure

Attached: 1529082287552.png (620x916, 257K)

every day we stray fuhrer from God's light

Already use protonmail plus, have my domain parked there.

>protonmail.com
kek'd.

>Already use protonmail plus, have my domain parked there.
fucking idiot goy. enjoy israel getting all of it.

Attached: 1498346613882.png (1275x2100, 611K)

>I trust others but I don't trust myself thereby making my trust in others untrustworthy

Attached: serious.jpg (738x550, 32K)

>ThE jEWs aRE at IT agAiN mOm I tOLd Jow Forums aBouT tHE JeWs

Tell me where I implied that or said that and I will eat a whole SSD.

Point is if you truly think that your homebrew system has a better chance against someone that want's to access your mail than a system whose entire point is security and which whole teams work on, then you aren't delusional, you're retarded.

Attached: 1528487260965.jpg (500x642, 138K)

Attached: 1524047795662.jpg (900x1243, 156K)

my fav meme

What's a good alternative?

>BuT GuyS tHE jEWs! ItS reALLy tHe jEws MoSSaD is fUCKinG yOu
I knew you would post this.

Attached: 1525118376976.jpg (214x259, 63K)

You didn't say it directly... but you did suggest that the security of other systems is likely greater than the security of your own... meaning if somebody wanted to compromise you for whatever nefarious purpose we've dreamed up for this hypothetical scenario... the other system would be irrelevant as they could simply go straight to the source and compromise you. Consequently, the security of the remote system makes not one iota of difference and the security level of it was completely irrelevant.

If it's insecure either way, run your own. :^)

Attached: 1997_ken_thompson.jpg (200x250, 27K)

senpai onions cuck

Too poor for $5/mo?

guise just use GPG uwu
gnupg.org/

Attached: Lock-GPG.square.png (480x480, 17K)

I look at it this way: Due to sheer number of people involved external services have a higher chance of noticing breaches and people involved are more than likely better educated on their field than you or I are thus giving it a slight edge over self hosting. But if someone targets you specifically you are fucked either way.

seriously though, are people today seriously too brainlet to use GPG that they have to resort to some unproven "protonmail" service that can afaik only encrypt if the messages are between two protonmail users?
AND can't be used with an external email client without the use of a sketchy paid daemon program?

>haha *-__-*, you uhhh, you don't use protonmail.com?
no that shit is botnet honeypot

glad u understand ^.^

Attached: 237962a8d23a2e7162cf86ddae95acaa.jpg (708x915, 55K)

It's not particularly physically secure, but it's secure from electronic attacks. Besides DoS, anyway.

unironically this
if you can't host your own mail then you're seriously more secure using gpg on gmail than trusting any company to keep your things secure for you out of your control

>whole image written in Calibri
>even that poster uses Calibri
Truly Comic Sans for the modern era
Also
>register on protonmail
>"I agree to the terms of service"
>advertise illegal shit using said email
>protonmail domain name is on the poster
>account gets suspended for ToS violation
>gives them bad press
>get buttblasted
>expecting protonmail to just take the heat for some retard hooligans
>expecting them to not enforce rules clearly laid out in the terms of service that everyone has to agree with when registering
>B- B- BUT MUH JEWS M- MUH CENSORSHIP M- MUH POLITICAL AGENDA
>THERE WAS NO PROOF THEY'RE A HATE GROUP
>poster clearly encourages violence against a certain group
>no proof
Stop being a fucking retard

>poorfag maymay
baka desu senpai

External PGP support is live at beta.protonmail.com, FYI.

>then you're seriously more secure using gpg on gmail than trusting any company to keep your things secure for you out of your control
>literally tells people in the same sentence to use gmail

Attached: 1525126135049.png (382x597, 237K)

>feature that is available with pretty much every other email service is only available in a "beta"
sorry, I just don't see the point.

>implying stacy doesn't use yahoo
>implying any stacy would want to talk to someone with an e-mail with the word "aryan" in the name

>>expecting them to not enforce rules clearly laid out in the terms of service that everyone has to agree with when registering

Which part of the ToS did they violate?
protonmail.com/terms-and-conditions
The only things not allowed are spam and illegal activities.

Also let's not pretend Protonmail aren't typical SJWs
protonmail.com/blog/diversity-in-tech-why-it-matters/

>illegal activities
>email belongs to group openly calling for violence against whoever the fuck
Nah can't see what's violating the ToS either.

Attached: zmclmp2eeic01.jpg (1242x1210, 174K)

>Also let's not pretend Protonmail aren't typical SJWs
>supporting diversity makes you an SJW
Stormtard detected

>not using Zoho
>not letting your mail be run by pajeets
Pajeets made companies like Google and Microsoft. Surely they can run an email server.

Based protonmail

There is literally zero proof that the owner of that account was doing anything illegal. Even if (!) he put up those posters, that's not illegal. Protonmail wasn't contacted by authorities.
But I don't know why I'm even explaining this to you, Protonmail themselves said that they banned that account for PR reasons.

Yes, ""diversity"" is pretty much the definition of SJW shit.
>Women make up half of the world’s available talent pool, but currently make up only 20% of ProtonMail’s full time workforce, so there is still a lot of room for improvement.
They're literally saying they're not happy with having 80% male employees.

This, obviously.
Not to put too fine a point on it, they're also a company that exists in the real world. All consumer-facing companies with any good sense and any desire for self-preservation are going to be aware of the need to protect their brand names. They're also going to be aware of the risk of SJW-fueled social media lynch mobs. So in a case where there is an obvious violation of the terms of service, it's not a hard decision.
As a ProtonMail user, I want them to focus on developing and supporting their product. This is not a hill for them to die on.

I use protonvpn its brety gud

>There is literally zero proof that the owner of that account was doing anything illegal
Cause having your email on those posters definitely means you have been set up by the jews or the left or the right or whatever is the scapegoat flavor of the day. Sure you will likely say innocent until proven guilty but ask any court and your mere association with that poster due to your email being prominently featured on it is reason enough to assume you are the one putting them up.

>Protonmail wasn't contacted by authorities
You know they don't have to wait for anyone to notify them that being associated with calling for violence against someone is illegal right?
Also even if they openly stated "we banned them for PR reasons lul", what did they exactly do wrong from a business point? They protected their brand from being associated with that shit, they used their right to enforce their rules on their own service as they see fit.

No, ,it isn't. It's fucking shit. It leaks your IP and you have to pay for "extra" features to not make it leak your IP. Fuck you, and fuck OP for shilling Proton products

FUCKING SHILLS
>FUCKING SHILLS
FUCKING SHILLS
>FUCKING SHILLS
FUCKING SHILLS
>FUCKING SHILLS
FUCKING SHILLS
>FUCKING SHILLS
FUCKING SHILLS
>FUCKING SHILLS

I would use Protonmail if they allowed more aliasses. But I'm not going to pay out of my ass for a few links.

>They're literally saying they're not happy with having 80% male employees.
What they're saying is the garden variety diversity newspeak B.S. that they probably reason (quite correctly) that they need to put out there just to cover themselves from future attacks. It's the bare minimum to protect their "social license to operate." As in the flyer case, they can't afford to become known as "the Nazi email service" just because they got on the wrong side of some irrational debate online.
To put this in perspective, I'm a pro user of the email service and even follow their blog, and I wasn't aware of the existence of the "diversity" material posted above. Which is to say it's not especially heavy-handed or objectionable.

>register on gmail
>use 3rd party
>set up gpg
>every email is now encrypted and goog cant read anything but the topic and recipient
where's the problem?
they'd have to spend a lot of time and money to decrypt your shit, no short way around it
if they have a reason to go to such lengths then you can be sure you're safer with gpg than you are with nebulous encryption keys stored by protonmail, who no doubt is bound by Swiss and EU laws to hand over encryption keys when asked

>Protonmail hosted in Switzerland
>Swiss law says it's illegal to incite violence
>inciting violence isn't illegal xddddd
Retard

>>use 3rd party
3rd party client

>what did they exactly do wrong from a business point?
I don't own any Protonmail stock, so I don't really care about their business performance. But they kinda did violate their principles about being all about privacy and nothing more.
They'd probably ban the accounts of other edgy personalities if that was the fashionable thing to do (like Richard Spencer and those alt-right faggots).
It's not something I can support, sorry.

The problem is your use case isn't especially realistic. Most of your real-world emails are still going to be delivered to you in the clear, and Google will be indexing and data mining all of that.

Even if you take great care to use the gmail account to pass only PGP encrypted emails, it seems odd that you would want to go to all that trouble and then have Google index all of your metadata.

>gains interest in protonmail
>make a free account to see what it's like
>doesn't support email clients
guess I'm not going to use this after all.

well they technically do, but you need to pay AND run some weird daemon program on your local system. No thanks.

What about terribly slow UI that you cant customize at all? What about that anoying fucking message box that is just way too fucking small and is retarded as fuck. paranoid fucks will never feel the glorious feeling of botnet edition of superior new gmail redesign that we just got in last few months. Fuck off freebtard

Yeah I forgot to mention that.

>But they kinda did violate their principles about being all about privacy and nothing more
Except they didn't
They didn't read the emails of whoever made that poster, they didn't violate their privacy, that group advertised themselves clearly with a protonmail mail on a poster which calls for violence against a certain group, ToS clearly states illegal activity is forbidden and they pretty much outed themselves for doing shit that's illegal in the country where protonmail is hosted

It's like if you joined a no drugs club by signing a contract that says "I won't smoke drugs as long as I'm a member of this club" and then started advertising yourself as a hardcore pothead, what the fuck do you think would happen? You'd get your membership cancelled, dumbass.

Protonmail would've violated their principles if they turned a blind eye to this shit (didn't enforce ToS) or scanned people's emails just in case, which (to our knowledge) they don't

>people using protonmail for their campaign to cause violence
>get banned for breaking ToS as inciting violence is illegal in the host country
>waaah de jews did it

retard

Ultimate solution:
Make an account at something like fastmail, mailfence, posteo, or cock.li, or better yet self-host with plain old postfix and dovecot.
Use GPG to encrypt
???
profit

>not cock.li

Attached: 1527080558099.jpg (1080x793, 119K)

Do you guys backup your mails?

Or is email so unimportant you might as well throw it away?

>or better yet self-host with plain old postfix and dovecot.
>Use GPG to encrypt
... and have all your mail bounced because it's from a non-permanent IP address. Mail servers won't touch it.
You'd know this if you'd ever set up a mail server.

I host my own. Fully encrypted. All the good stuff.

newfag Jow Forums get out

You truly have no idea how zero access and e2e work

>if you think ProtonMail is not a SJW mempot think again

try forming coherent sentences moron

t-they do though...

>newfag Jow Forums

>anything racist automatically means you go on pol

you can be racist and understand behavioral functions based off of race and not go on pol

If i live in the US (which I do) Id say hosting it myself is less secure than trusting a company in a non-five eyes country.

>you can be racist and understand behavioral functions based off of race and not go on pol
You can also eat your own shit with a spoon, but most shit-eaters use their hands and go straight from ass2mouth. Sorta like racists and using Jow Forums

back to plebbit, faggot.

do you go on pol though?