How come Creative Labs never tried to break into the onboard audio market...

How come Creative Labs never tried to break into the onboard audio market? Why did they let the Chinese blue crab pretty much establish a monopoly?

Attached: 1526682554980.png (331x260, 7K)

based Chinese little blue crab

Because Creative has no drivers. Realtek works on pretty much everything and natively supports Linux, while good luck even getting Creative cards to run on a different version of Windows than they were designed for.

I've had this question for a while. Why is all integrated audio Realtek?

Ever had to reinstall Windows on a machine with Creative audio? Finding the drivers is such an ordeal that sometimes it's easier just to buy a new sound card.

I have some 2006-2010 motherboards and laptops with Analog Devices SoundMax chips and those have better sound and effects quality than Realtek 1220 in my Taichi.
That is, realtek wiht EQ enabled sounds like absolute shit no matter the settings while ADi EQ and effects did not distort quality (not that any sane person would ever actually use sound driver effects)

Apple, at least in their notebooks, uses Cirrus Logic DAC
>inb4 apple

Crab is not allowed. Hit crab with hammer.

onboard audio is typically inferior.

i dont think creative would want their brand associated with poor quality

>because Creative has no drivers
My SB X-Fi Go! Pro just werks on windows, loonix or macos.

because onboard was never considered a luxury market, and audio companies function like snake oil salesmen, regardless of product quality. The concept most likely never even entered their heads.

My on board audio is Soundblaster.

Creative Labs used to be a really, really shitty company. Eternally broken drivers and shitty hardware that doesn't follow standards. What happened to them is for the best.

Snab snab :D

NO

the fuck did you just say to me?

Attached: crab cigarette 1.jpg (500x317, 106K)

>How come Creative Labs never tried to break into the onboard audio market?

Attached: snibbertysnabindeed.png (1335x333, 132K)

Attached: this snibs the snab.jpg (511x788, 100K)

Because Intel HD audio happened.
Creative branded ensoniq chips did make it into first party Intel boards at one point, I had one.

Agreed creative audio = shit driver support

its weird that they have no competition

Creative is a premium brand, my guess is that they felt that identity would be diminished by doing integrated audio chipsets.

Creative actually does a great job with drivers

> Because Creative has no drivers
since when?

> can't find drivers
> might as well buy a new card
yeah that never happens.

> creative
> somehow a luxury brand
what fucking bizarre universe did you come from? what ridiculous nonsense. it's never been seen that way. they make garbage.

DACs/amps/audio wires are a meme anyway.

In the 90's they kinda were a luxury brand. Their products would usually cost in the hundreds of dollars. Competitors were much cheaper, but offered shittier sound.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 186K)

their latest models are just shitty intel hda based garbage with proprietary drivers that only work on windows and some models come with bright leds that you cant turn off without desoldering them.

>since when?
Since audigy 2.

snibedi snab

Attached: can i interest you in some audio drivers.jpg (960x960, 166K)

SNIP SNIP

Back in the days there was VIA, ADI, SIS, some kind of skinned Intel, Realtek, SoundBlaster, and a bunch of generic chinese clones.

I actually prefer Realtek, the other chips brought me so much grief.

snibedi snab :DD

daily reminder that this is a website of a 1 trillion dollar company in 2018.

>best viewed at 800x600 on ie6
They sure do stick to their guns fuck me

Attached: 2018-06-21-033132_770x622_scrot.png (770x622, 258K)

Realtek never makes anything on the consumer end. Most of their shit are components that manufacturers add to their products, like the sound chips. Realtek has an established reputation and don't need a website that panders to normalfags.

>complaining about shit that is working perfectly
let me guess, u have a major in ux and cant find a job? lmao

Creative has a terrible reputation when it comes to drivers. It comes from the fact that back then, they would arbitrarily restrict sound cards to an operating system. Get a newer OS and your sound card goes into the trash.
It doesn't help that they once sued a guy trying his hardest to try and make older sound cards usable in newer operating systems.

Using an Audigy FX in 5.1 with PulseEffects, crossover points, and output compression in Kubuntu 18.04 right now.

If I see that fucking crab one more time...

Attached: jnivety jnab snibeti snab.jpg (264x263, 48K)

ITT people who don't remember installing Creative cards in the late 90's

The drivers were shit, guys. It's better now but OP is specifically talking about years ago when Realtek first started becoming dominant.

le audio crab

A challenger appears.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (660x525, 54K)

audio is placebo, i use windows with subtitles on