How does YouTube's auto closed caption feature work so well?

How does YouTube's auto closed caption feature work so well?

Attached: YouTube-Live-Captions-300x222[1].jpg (300x222, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IdoD2147Fik
github.com/ccd0/Jow
github.com/Nebukazar/OneeChan
pastebin.com/M48kFjCB
web.archive.org/web/20160207111842/https://github.com/Nebukazar/OneeChan
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because captions have to be added by the author?

The automatically generated ones are near perfect too

It uses the same voice recognition of google translate, which is pretty good too
It's that good because Google stores the voice files of every android user using "ok google" by default.
They then use the billions of voice recordings and process them with machine learning.

Where the FUCK were you when Google Assistant made an entire phone call using robotics

Because they know.

>near perfect
I lazily googled for an image to illustrate, but it's hardly perfect. American english is fine, any other dialect can be really sketchy. Other languages, especially asian or indio-pakistani ones are just awful. Sure it's a technical marvel that they're where they are now, but it'll be a while.

Attached: 06-19-2015-YouTube-autocaption-fail.jpg (650x488, 74K)

youtube.com/watch?v=IdoD2147Fik

My computer is way too slow for me to provide sources on this n shit, but I distinctly remember this 12-second video with currently 2.4m views having a funny maymay auto closed caption transcription. Youtube comments are always pointing this shit out.

>ancient interface from about 2014
it improved greatly since then, for English videos anyway
foreign language recognition still sucks and the results are either mismatched language (like Polish on a Portuguese video) or everything is just misinterpreted

Hence the reason I wrote
>I lazily googled for an image to illustrate

Not him but his filename has a timestamp of mid 2015. You couldn't just cite that instead of strawmanning it's a year older?

>didn't see filename
>said "about 2014" for a reason
>2015 still leaves a 3 year gap
>hurr durr le strawman

>saving screenshots as jpg
Get it together

What is, Jow Forums X's post from URL feature

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-06-21 at 10.33.16.png (341x284, 25K)

cute css!

Just a slightly tweaked Blackboard, it's in the Jow Forums X list

Like 80% of the image is a camera video, so jpg makes more sense.
Save it as png and the filesize will be 6 times as high.

Attached: 1529572893685.png (650x488, 529K)

It uses machine learning to generate them, you can edit the auto generted ones to make them accurate which in turn fine tunes the model making it more accurate. Do that process over a few years and you get this result

What is this illiterate excuse of a reply. The only valid information contained here is you concede that you strawmanned when you think it'd still be fair criticism if you didn't, so it was unnecessary. But you say this while being angry you got called out on your strawman. Why can't you just say "my bad, you're right" without pretending you have any high horse to speak from.

I legit don't know and I also couldn't care less.

Attached: 1513982179854.jpg (2272x1704, 1.28M)

Lurk more

Can't find it, link please? ;_;

A jstoddler attempting to tell me to lurk moar?

Attached: 1526278875846.jpg (1200x800, 181K)

Attached: cringe.jpg (1024x720, 49K)

Oh sorry, I meant Oneechan.
So github.com/ccd0/Jow Forums-x
and
github.com/Nebukazar/OneeChan

Oneechan moved off github when Microsoft bought the site

Attached: ss (2018-06-21 at 11.45.07).png (297x292, 42K)

Sad
Could try adding this manually, I've just pasted it from the js. pastebin.com/M48kFjCB

Yar har!
web.archive.org/web/20160207111842/https://github.com/Nebukazar/OneeChan

Can't actually click the .js though

fuck it, joined your botnet, thanks!

Lel. As lulzy as it would have been to install a miner script, it tends to be very obvious as your fans go apeshit.

Attached: serjianfdsfgds.jpg (400x400, 24K)

I don't care desu, just want the cool look, owo

That seems like a very nitpicked example.
In my experience auto generated captions are near perfect. Of course problems start when you watch people with heavy accents, adoredtv is a good example of that. But even his videos are very much watchable with auto-CC turned on.

install gentoo

This. Jesus, dude. It made, like, three mistakes in a minute of commentary.

Like the CGP Grey video about bots?

Most likely it uses some sort of learning algorithm, there're plenty of petabytes of samples available at google. I use it for timing my DIY anime subs, it still fails completely on audio parts with songs (like op/ed), I trim those before uploading though and it really is good for timing.