Does anybody here actually type 100% like pic related?

does anybody here actually type 100% like pic related?

Attached: which_fingers.png (485x346, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_n5E7feJHw0
youtu.be/MticYPfFRp8
youtu.be/u8qgehH3kEQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why do I have to use the middle finger for c when the index finger is clearly far more ergonomic?
>just stick with
>thats the way its meant to be
>I thought I was weird but I just did it and now I type 100wpm
no

don't be silly

youtu.be/_n5E7feJHw0

taught myself to type with you tube comments(Thanks public education)
My code is shit due too constant mistyping and misspelling
So I just copy and paste misspelled variables

isn't it just easier to go back and correct them?

youtu.be/MticYPfFRp8

The code runs
Doesn't really matter to me if wrote int math or int meth at that point

Mostly, you learn it like that and then with use you relearn different fingers for specific words.
Also if your going to learn pick a different layout, anything is better.

no

Attached: keys.png (485x346, 47K)

everything except the number row and its symbols

>middle finger for C
What.

>type with 2 fingers
>100wpm
>awful accuracy
>relearn to type like
>get back up to 100wpm
>type slower on average
>better accuracy
life is suffering

Don't question it
That's just the inefficient old way we still do it for no reason
How dare you actually think

>>type with 2 fingers
wpm
fuck outta here

Smashing keys doesn't count?

I'm imagining someone furiously flailing their wrists pecking at a keyboard to achieve 100wpm with two fingers

Oh my
He has surpased leet hacker to god level hekermen

youtu.be/u8qgehH3kEQ

>fast typing
>qwerty
kek

type like this

Attached: ghost in the shell typing.gif (540x288, 742K)

I do like 85%

I’m all over the place I generally don’t use pinkies. 60wpm

The fuck? I only use 4 fingers in total, two on each hand, unless I'm playing some game where I need more controls at once but that's not typing.

Absolutely. I always paint my nails and put on my nicest girlclothes before coming to shitpost.

i don't use my pinky fingers for letters, just for ctrl, shift, tab, enter, etc

I only recently learned how to type like that. It's slow as fuck but I assume it'll get better over time. Just being able to blindtype is worth it imo

>he falled for the standard keyboard meme.
It's probably one of the oldest running jokes, I specially love how your middle left fingers are supose to phase among themselves to reach the keys.

Buy an ergonomical keyboard with straight columns if you type for a living, it will pay on the long term.

Also, learn colemak.

*fell

>tfw this will never become reality because of all the normalfags using shitty wireless rubber dome/chiclet keyboards that can't figure out more than 3 keypresses in 1 second

Attached: nx0ZBUc.png (370x267, 205K)

Definitely not. Try and type the word 'minimum'.

i use my pointer and middle fingers, and my thumb for lower keys and space bar

I type exactly like that.

Due to my Dysgraphia I was given a laptop to use in Secondary School (High School). My Mother got a copy of Mavis Beacon off a friend. I now type 80 wpm with 99% accuracy.

Attached: 1474498423593.png (499x499, 149K)

I use mostly the index and middle fingers for typing.

I always think whenever I see this that it would be way more efficient to have a serial or ps2 interface or whatever and he could send thousands of characters a second directly instead of this weird design which leaves so much room for error.

No, I paint neither my nails nor my keyboard because I'm not a faggot

No, I tried to an my speed dropped by a lot

I type like I'm playing a piano or an organ.

Plebs, all of you
Bottom left is pressed with the palm

Attached: image_2018-06-22_01-18.jpg (1440x2308, 141K)

Having a spot of trouble there user?

S-shut up

Attached: 1527016346916.jpg (540x876, 199K)

Do you want to talk about it? Want to show us your wpm?
dont wory i wont laff at you mang

About 90 four-finger-pecking on qwerty.
Like 40-ish and improving on workman using proper fingering

I knew that show was fucking shit but this is next level.

I use all fingers but not the way this person recommends in the OP. I'll post some results from using my apple magic keyboard that work provides.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 10.35.10 am.png (2326x1364, 343K)

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 10.36.43 am.png (588x768, 82K)

My speed is very shitty, and I don't use my pinkies for nothing, I use the index and the middle fingers more. I also don't look at the monitor while typing, That's the only way I achieve 100% correctness. I don't know about you, but I'm very comfortable doing this. Maybe I should learn to type without looking. How do I do that?

I never bothered to learn how to type properly after memorizing the keys. Video games taught me enough to make shit work desu.

Muscle memory

I don't even remember what I ate in the morning.

That's not what muscle memory means.

I unironically use just my index fingers. I tried typing with my entire hand, but just don't have the dexterity. I was getting around 30wpm with the whole hand, but 50wpm with just the index fingers

So what's the most efficient way of typing Jow Forums

Yes.

index fingers on f and j, then pray

I actually do but maybe 99% of the time.

me
i went to mecanography as a kid for a few months
its worth learning to type properly and efficiently

I actually don't write like that. I'm just really fast at typing with two fingers because I used to play Runescape before the grand exchange was a thing.

However now I'm trying to build the habit. I rest my fingers on the home row now

I press the Y key with my left index finger. I want to blame some old Mavis Beacon typing program but I swear they wouldn't teach it like that, right?

If you can comfortably use the C key with your index finger in the home position you have manlet hands.

if I want to learn to type properly, which layout should I use?

You just have shitty finger dexterity. I can palm a basketball and easily use C with the rest of my fingers on the home row.

I type most things like in the OP image except:
1) Anything on the top row I type with middle or ring fingers.
2) Tab with left ring finger
3) The brackets and \ with right ring finger.

Everything else is right, though. My (typing test) WPM is usually 80-90; my actual WPM in daily typing is a lot slower, though.

Why would you ever paint your nails the same color of your keycaps? Is this some new ricing meme taken to the next lvl or wtf

how in the fuck can't you reach C with your index? it's harder to reach it with your middle finder

No because not only is it inefficient to not dynamically use your fingers based on where the previous letter was but the chart itself in unergonomic. Your left hand comes in at an angle so in order to minimize wrist movement they should account for this. For instance X and 4 are both middle finger keys.

The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.
I type almost exactly like that pic ever since taking typing course in middle school. The teacher was a god damn nazi about what fingers to use. The only difference is 'q' I usually hit with my ring finger.
I do not type exceptionally fast, just about 55-65wpm.

Is it just my current keyboard or do most boards have the right shift key farther away from the fingers than the left shift key is? I've gotten used to only using the left shift key as it's easier and quicker to press.

my right middle finger is bent 45 degrees from the joint, so I physically cannot.

Despite this, my keyboard is blank, and I've learned my own way of touch-typing that works okay I guess.

I can post the finger if someone's curious enough

I can't exactly tell, but I think so. On my keyboard, the right shift is longer than the left, so that leads me to believe it's compensating for being further away.

I dont know I learned how to touch type formally in 7th grade I haven't looked at my keyboard in like 15 years

Attached: IMG_20180622_011302.jpg (3456x4608, 2.45M)

Interesting

Yeah, it's annoying.

Attached: IMG_20180622_012501.jpg (3456x4608, 2.69M)

Dude, it's like a snail

Usually if you have been touch typing of a long time you develop your own efficient way of typing. I learned home row in middle school and I've changed it to the way I have my keyboard on my desk, basically only difference is I use my
right middle finger more and my right index for spacebar. Learn to type.

Attached: 1528422616564.jpg (1280x720, 39K)

That's how they start you but over time as you actually get better, you'll have slight deviations from that.

I was taught to use the shift key when capitalizing letters at the beginning of sentences and use caps lock for full words in capital letters.

I use caps lock every time I need to capitalize a letter and never use shift for that shit. I just like clicking on something as opposed to holding shit down. Just feels slower to me.

Attached: 1408925941170.png (826x738, 1.02M)

it was more like both index fingers, sometimes a middle finger or two, thumb for space and pinky for shift, and at my peak I'd hit around 120wpm with this method, but as I said accuracy was shit and if I was making a lot of typos that I'd have to correct my wpm would drop to 80-90 ish
I think you're underestimating what years of selling items on runescape will do for your overall wpm even if you type like a retard

You have a terrible case of not knowing about the other shift key

I have a terrible case of not feeling like holding the shift key.

same. i never took any keyboard lessons so i never knew about what the shift key did, only knew that the caps lock put things in capital letters and i just started using that for everything. trying to use the shift key for that feels really unnatural to me.

(the reason I went ortho)

Isn't that normal? I learned to use middle finger for C from school, now i got used to it without even aware

I type capital letters by toggling caps lock and yet I maintain 100+ wpm

Yeah, it's the same I always tought

Freestyling with index, middle, and ring fingers, is the only way to fly.

For the most part except:
- I only use the left shift when typing capital letters
- depending on the word, I type "b" either with the left or right index finger
- I can't remember the numbers

Proper way is to use left thumb.

No idea, I don't look at the keyboard.its all muscle memory

I do more with index but still pretty close.

>mfw every 50ies years old doctors type like this

No, it sucks. I mostly write in a way that I never use the same finger more than once. I use 8 fingers. 140wpm.

Violet, is that you?

Attached: VioletEvergarden.jpg (789x710, 67K)

I hit roughly about 100-110 WPM when I'm trying on those tests. There was this local arcade that had typing of the dead for some reason and I played it a lot, which I think helped.

>play co-op typing of the dead with a friend
>absolutely carry him in the game because his WPM is like 60 WPM or something

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 220K)

Yes, but with a decent layout instead of that crappy qwerty. Never heard of dvorak?