UW Monitor Daily

CSGO beta now fully supports 21:9!
21:9 is the future

Attached: aw3418dw.jpg (3264x2448, 1.47M)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/csgo_dev/status/1009166268354531328
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

o wait

>black bars on all videos
some future

Attached: embarrassing.jpg (335x392, 30K)

>ultrameme
seriously, it's even more stupid than just having 2 monitors.

Attached: .jpg (600x550, 66K)

What a shitty looking panel

you mean no black bars in movies?

2k id da fuutur

is that the da vinci virus

> sitting too close to see the full picture

This is the ratio movies come in...

hey
I have the monitor in OP's pic (latest 120hz predator)
I had this fear before buying it but it turns out bars on top and below annoy me more than bars on the side

it's the ratio cinema movies come in, yes
so in practice you rarely encounter a video that fills the screen, but when you do, oh man it's fucking epic

it pisses me off there are no televisions with this aspect ratio outside of old concepts. I'm thinking of buying a projector to get a similar setup as ZeosPantera.

What's better?

I like the aspect ratio, but all displays that support it and are out right now aren't good at all. they always cut corners somewhere.

Why do you /v/irgins insist on posting to Jow Forums. Fuck off to your containment board.

Not a predator. AW3418DW
What's wrong with that one? 120hz, Gsync, 1440p. It's definitely not cheap, but it is good.

> sent from my iphone

What will be the caveat? You will lose even more vertical vision?

twitter.com/csgo_dev/status/1009166268354531328

The game supported 21:9 just fine, but the in-game UI did not. It's just a redesign, no FOV change.

Is that the aw3418dw? it's the best screen I've ever had, but what was thinking the retard who designed the stand?

i dont mind the black bars for tv content
watching movies with no bars is glorious

nice
if I had found it for sale near me I would have went for the alienware

That stand is so heavy! It's huge, and like, 26 pounds.
I used it for a day, then I mounted it. My Amazon Basics mount holds it just fine.

Mounted monitors are better than any stand ever will be.

On sale now (US) Microcenter's web store, $999

I would rather spend 10 mins with black bars on videos than 2 hours with black bars on movies.
Unless you are one of those autists that live on jewtube I don't see how this is a problem.

In the future when new good GPUs come out Ill get a 1440p 144hz(or is 120 the max?) ultrawide gsync/freesync IPS

144hz comes out in a month. 120hz is still the standard. Even then, most games are a LONG way off from that.

Then it isn't the standard is it retard?

aren't all standards retarded? Everything changes quickly in technology. You can't just pick a thing and say
> This thinkpad will be perfect for the next 20 years

Back to /v/