Basically Google took down all the videos on the official blender account...

Basically Google took down all the videos on the official blender account, and wont enable them until blender enable ads.

Don't be evil they said.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1322x891, 158K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XKCCkrZzM98
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=XKCCkrZzM98

My guess is there's copyrighted content on it.. The US license holder has monetized it. So without ads it cannot be shown in the US.

*although I may be wrong here since they'll happily put ads on my claimed videos without my having enabled ads.

Why would you post a Youtube response about a different issue? (One video blocked in the US)

I don't think Google is evil for doing that. Google is trying to make YouTube profitable after years of wasted spending.

YouTube already explained that this was caused in error because they're starting to roll out a new subscription service. The Blender Foundation was not the only one impacted. YouTube is shitty but they're not going to hold a group that large hostage for ad money cmon

My fucking eyes

Attached: Capture.png (370x628, 62K)

Hopefully people fucking realize that centralized services like youtube are inherently shitty. There's already a place on the web for everything and it's called a webserver, and people can access the content through "URLs"

Like www.youtube.com

There's no copyrighted material at all. They are all Blender tutorials and stuff like that. They took the videos down because Youtube's CEO is retarded. They want to profit and if it's not possible, they are taking the videos down.

WHEN WILL SOMEONE MAKE AN ALTERNATIVE TO YOUTUBE? Every day when I go to Twitter, someone who creates content on Youtube is complaining about either demonetization or censorship or something else.
Isn't this a time for people to join up and boycott or at least demand transparency and fair treatment? I'm happy I don't have anything to do with youtube because otherwise I would be fucking ballistic missile.
SO WHEN WILL SOMEONE PROFIT AND MAKE AN ALTERNATIVE TO YOUTUBE? It isn't that hard to code a rudimentary video service site. What is hard is to convince people to start using it... I see an opportunity to gain huge amount of profit.

Most of you faglords who think you are clever, were not even fucking adults at the time when Google and Youtube were born. Youtube was supposed to be a cool site with no money involved whatsoever, it was supposed to be a FREE service for people to show and share their videos. It all changed when Google bought it.
But looking back, lot of you virgins were not even 10 years old in 2007.. Fuck you! You know fucking nothing.

>Ads are bad! Youtube just wants to make money!
>Demonitization is bad! People should make money off their videos!
>Why doesn't someone make an alternative to youtube where they shoulder all the costs, make no money, and pay people for videos??

>Google fucking up with non profit organizations.
Not the first time.

How about blender.org? They're the ones making the content.

>Don't be evil they said.

Corporations give a fuck about their consumers until they become so successful that their name speaks for them. Nothing more than people taking the path of least resistance.

>supposed to be a FREE service
This was never true. Hosting and delivering videos is very expensive. Hence why they sold out to google at the first chance.

>Have an amazing day!

man that whole message is obnoxious as fuck

> going to twittubes
Kys normies

Attached: 1529607468198.jpg (776x678, 133K)

d.tube exists
You can use hooktube until d.tube gets more popular

You're a day too late, it's fixed already
And stop watching garbage youtubers, retard

>host video
>video start to go viral. Instant DDoS
>Hurriedly upgrade connection, server, hire experts to interface with the ISPs to implement caching. Spend more time and money reaching out to corporations looking for ad sponsorship to pay for it.
>video popularity dies in the meantime since it can't be accessed.
>never make popular video again
>millions of dollars spent and years of lives wasted for nothing.

>>video start to go viral. Instant DDoS
Should get a better server+ISP combo that can handle the load.

Why would you pay for 50,000x more than a connection you need based on the possibility you might need 50,000x more?

Google should target fat money cows instead of little people.

But Hooktube is still Youtube

Pew.tube

ADL flags everything, they have a dispersed network of dedicated s.o.y.i.m. who are signaled to flag en mass by through a browser add on. Its not restricted to youtube either, your news feed and reddit are also filtered through this lens.

Attached: 1483083287111.jpg (1921x1280, 176K)