Jow Forumsuys, I am writing a Jow Forums image scraper using java. I'm using gson, googles json libary...

Jow Forumsuys, I am writing a Jow Forums image scraper using java. I'm using gson, googles json libary. Im able to get json objects and parse the filenames and extensions but it seems that these filenames dont resolve. I notice theres a md5 hash with the posts that have pictures. Anybody have any experience with this shit?

Attached: scraper.jpg (252x200, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

is2.Jow
a.4cdn.org/g/thread/66447947.json
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Install gentoo
From what I remember the md5 hash is the literal representation of that image as though the file was hashed.

scraper.jpg is not the actual name of the file after uploading. isn't that obvious?

I get that, but the md5 hash for scraper.jpg is 9YoeDhbI+ZJOtxAIx9E4rw==. Is Jow Forums hashing the the filenmae with this?

>Using a not handwritten library to parse JSON
The state of Jow Forums

work smarter not harder

are you retarded or trolling?
do you really think that if I upload another scraper.jpg file with something else in it, it would get rejected?

this thread is highly questionable

Attached: scraper.jpg (480x360, 18K)

>rewriting a fucking standardized text format parser for reasons
It's adorable that you are proud of the shitty little manual JSON parsing project you did in CS 102, but there is zero reason to write this shit yourself and dozens of reasons not to.

no, where is Jow Forums keeping the pics, I understand that Jow Forums hashes the filename with md5

Holy shit you're braindead. Give up on this project immediately.

md5 uses / and other chars that wouldnt work in a url

>where is Jow Forums keeping the pics
certainly on a hard disk drive

is2.Jow Forums.org/g/1529631839339.jpg
how is Jow Forums get this number for the pic

they're canonical like the post numbers. if you want to just mass download images you just increment the number in the filename. add an 's' to get thumbs.

Jow Forums adds a number on every pic uploaded to it, when you parse json you get the orig filename. How would I get that?

for a thread it is in the html. not sure where you are getting json from.

a.4cdn.org/g/thread/66447947.json
this is json of this thread

do you see the key 'tim'

omg

>66448346
thank you for helping me

the ABSOLUTE STATE of Jow Forums

Fuck man, this is a sad thread.

looks like base64 to me

ask /fglt/ or /dpt/
they seem to be the most clever guys

>current state of Jow Forums