Is there any tech company worse than Apple when it comes to completely disrespecting any amount of freedom towards the...

Is there any tech company worse than Apple when it comes to completely disrespecting any amount of freedom towards the end user?

You don't have any freedom or choice when it comes to Apple products. You are essentially a slave to the company.

Attached: apple-logo.png (300x300, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_BMG_copy_protection_rootkit_scandal
youtube.com/watch?v=eP31lluUDWU
youtube.com/watch?v=zut2NLMVL_k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I love the feeling of not having a choice and freedom. Also the feeling of someone watching over me is quite comfy desu

>no freedom of choice
you're free to choose not to use it, retard

No.

This, so much.

Step 1: Disable SIP with one simple command
Step 2: Congrats, now you can do whatever you want! Go delete all the system files, make a UI system to replace Apple's, *whatever you want*

People specifically choose Apple because there is no freedom of choice. When there's so few apps, it's easier to make them all "just werk". When users use so little options, it's easier to roll out "minimul" UIs. When users do so little with their machines, it's easier to make machines that do little. And the simpler the machine is, the less confusing it is to use.

Apple is for users who want all the spoils of computer use without knowing how it works. Plenty of people want the spoils of driving a car without knowing how it works or what to do when it makes a strange noise. You do the same, just not with computers.

Attached: 1489861674304.jpg (196x189, 9K)

Facebook and Microsoft.

I would say Google but Android has freedom.

Except that apple doesnt sell your sensitive data to the highest bidder, unlike Micro$haft and Gulag

The big lesson from Orwell's 1984 was "If you want to know who controls you look to see who you're not allowed to criticize".
It's certainly not Apple on Jow Forums, is it?

And those are exactly the type of subhumans that should be instabanned on a technology board since they clearly don't belong.

iTODDLERS ON SUICIDE WATCH

This is the genius of apple
they understand the servile nature of nigger cattle

Don't hate the player, hate the game.
They know they make the best computers and everybody agrees. I've had my MacBook Pro without any major problems since I got it. It works like new, every time, all the time *knock on wood* but Apple, Inc. knows that.
They know that they're the best and therefore they demand a lot for the best simply because they can.
If their customers were drowning, Apple, Inc. would stick a hose in their customers' mouths.

Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft.
Their gaming consoles are basically all locked up like iOS.
And I wouldn't trust Sony after this
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_BMG_copy_protection_rootkit_scandal
whole thing happened.

Sony makes amazing devices but holy shit they are evil when it comes to lock down. The whole PS4 crossplay scandal for example. Not to mention all those proprietary formats when there already was a widespread standard.

I bet you assume the submisive rol during sex.

Don't be an idiot. They sell you the "Apple Experience." It wouldn't make any sense if they gave you root access to fuck up everything to work so hard to create. Although, macOS is a lot more open than people give it credit for.

*everything they work so hard to create

>macOS is a lot more open than people give it credit for.

>Cannot change the simplest settings such as themes and disabling sleep when the lid is shut
>cannot edit or even view system files to see if something went wrong
>can't be installed on older Macs and non-mac computers
>cannot undervolt or overclock the cpu/gpu
>cannot install applications from places other than the App store unless you pay for the $99 apple developers account
>99% terminal commands can't be used without jailbreaking

macOS doesn't spontaneously restart your computer after updating with no way for you to disable it like Windows 10.

youtube.com/watch?v=eP31lluUDWU

Attached: locked-down-windows10.gif (770x578, 260K)

>google clamshell mode and theme are for niggers
>what is Terminal
>Tiger can be installed on an 18 year old Power Mac G4 how far back you wanna go? oh and hackintosh nigger
>yeah probably not a good idea in a laptop but the iMac Pro cpu can be swapped out
>System Preferences>Security and Privacy>General Tab click the box stupid faggot
>doesn't know shit about Terminal

What else would you expect desu?
CEO literally tells you he's selling planned obsolescence

youtube.com/watch?v=zut2NLMVL_k

Have you ever used mac OS? You actually have more freedom than you do on Windows, but you wouldn't know that if you spend your whole life in ugly Windows GUIs

trying this hard to make it Mac OS vs Windows

Apple is infinitely better than Microsoft you dumb cattle nigger.

Sony

You have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

I don't know if these go hand in hand. Being at the mercy of someone else (consensually I suppose) is hot, but being at the mercy of a corporation is fucking infuriating. Maybe I'm an outlier. I value my freedom greatly, as one should.

The Free Software Foundation is worse. They won't even let you call your own OS what you want.

Holy fucking shit, you're joking about the App Store thing, right? That's some Windows 10 S garbage.

Exactly. People buy these desktop typewriters for what they DO for people were it's still worth buying a 2011 Macbook Pro for $300 dollars used when IT'S A magical FUCKING TYPEWRITER.

No resetting the spools, no adjusting the mechanical arms to strike the page just so. It's just supposed to work as a OEM controlled standardized product.

The only thing that comes close to it is Linux Mint or RHEL trying to turn a computer system initially designed for the phone company to a better designed system for the phone company that nerds like to tinker on.

Windows is designed just to run end user software on a standard through every platform. Apple is designed to run extremely standardized functionality without hardware / software getting in the way. Linux is for power user hacker hobbyists who tinker on modified riced legacy systems designed for the phone company.

There are millions of things that can go wrong with these things, and Apple tries to eliminate that to a handful of faults because they've over engineered everything in a controlled environment.

So what you're saying is, appletards don't belong on Jow Forums.

Want to do file operations in an open or save dialog?
Want to force quit spotlight indexing when it won't let you eject a drive or gets stuck?
Want to run 32-bit apps?
Want to put an app on your phone not in the App Store?
Want to back up individual apps from your phone?
Want a detachable laptop screen?
Want to choose your hardware manufacturer?
Coming soon! Want to run x86 apps? Want to install another operating system? For stability and security I can't let you do that. Sorry, you will be unable to log into your computer until you pay your subscription.

Fucking this, I have proudly never given apple a cent

This.

How will itoddlers ever recover?

It's not a scandal when everyone affected forgets about it after 3 days and nothing changes, stop misusing the word. Just because a couple youtube "influencers" and shitty gaming tabloids are making a huge deal out of it doesn't make it a scandal.