Using directories instead of tags

>using directories instead of tags

Attached: 1529566992315.jpg (409x410, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=how do i into tags
my.mixtape.moe/pavtas.jpg
my.mixtape.moe/qcclql.jpg
pastebin.com/5x7AhgiV
youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

folders > tags

Attached: images_1.jpg (199x253, 8K)

>Folders

Attached: 1526898812231.jpg (333x331, 48K)

>mom found the diddle directory

Attached: 1528567335415.jpg (580x580, 196K)

>OS's support for tags is shit so directories are a valid option

Attached: 1513494837825.jpg (425x437, 24K)

TFW no tag only file system

Attached: 1528146213408.jpg (1024x768, 68K)

what did you just learn about an object store today or something? File System /= Object Store. Christ.

Attached: 1529171104029.png (579x450, 380K)

Write one yourself

Wrong thread, friend

Tag based fs souds very inefficient desu

Attached: PleasingFinishedAntelope-max-1mb.gif (240x207, 192K)

Have comfy database with hundreds of tags.

Attached: Nade.png (895x594, 346K)

how do i into tags?
they sound comfy

lmgtfy.com/?q=how do i into tags

who is this cute animu grill

Why not both?

Stand up from the computer for a minute and think about what you just said.

what does this mean?

upboated

Nigger I do all the time for music, contain your Asperger's.

What difference are you even imagining there to be between the two?

Music and pictures are very different. You see, with pictures you can't categorize them by artist, genre or whatever. I mean, you can, but then why would you use tags?
For the more mentally challanged out there let me present you an example:
These pictures:
my.mixtape.moe/pavtas.jpg
my.mixtape.moe/qcclql.jpg
and sort them by this
pastebin.com/5x7AhgiV
As you can see they are very similar, but if I had lots of anime folders and I would want a
I don't know where i was going with this, I'm tired, I haven't slept in 20+ hours, but I'm still gonna post this, because I put too much effort into it. I made a pastebin too with links and shit.
Maybe it was too much time put into organizing files, and it's faster just to use a database with tags. I don't know.

you can cross reffernce tags, but if you want to categorize a picture of a short haired blonde anime, then you better put the same picture in the
Dir
Blonde
Long-hair
Short-hair
pic.jpg
Short-hair
pic.jpg
If you are looking for a short-hair pic, you either search all hair-color folders or you have the file twice and put it in both folders.
Now with tags, you tag the picture as blonde, short-hair, and if you want a blonde (hair-length doesn't matter) you search for blonde, if you want a blonde short haired girl, you search for blonde, short-hair.
I think this is where i was going with yours but on a larger scale.

I forgot that invisible characters are deleted fuck.
Dir
Blonde
Long-hair
Short-hair
pic.jpg
Short-hair
pic.jpg

Also I'm not really autistic, i'm just tired and tried to be funny talking all sophistificated n shiet

Attached: just in case.png (150x181, 5K)

This user fucks. I've found SQLite is great for this.

What kind of brainlet need tags? True powerusers use their desktop and recycle bin.

Tags are great when you have a booru or torrent tracker or something with many thousands of users, so even if only a small percentage of them add a few tags each all content will be quickly comprehensively tagged.

Tags are shit when its just your own personal stuff and you're responsible for maintaining the tags.

Attached: a picture of an anime character.png (300x300, 12K)

Should I make my own image viewer / tag program or is there something already?
From what I know, Hydrus sucks

Attached: 1440168180847.jpg (500x500, 30K)

try hydrus great db for images, and tagging overall. You can setup boorus over IPFS and it has tag hierarchy system(poorly visualized though). Link to it is in the pastebin, also watch the youtube video, it's an alright guide on how to tag efficiently.

>or you have the file twice and put it in both folders
Or you just hardlink the same file into both directories.

You know wrong then

AI tagging when?

can someone explain this autism? I haven't gotten into collecting/hoarding data yet

Attached: question.jpg (400x504, 36K)

yeah, good luck doing that with literally tens of thousands of pictures

I bet it'll be available soon, but in full-botnet form, probably from google or something. It'll be tied to an account and profile you based on what kinds of images you have. Try to auto-tag lolicon and it'll report you to the government and have their thugs come and beat you up.

What would the problem be? It's literally the same thing as using some kind of tag manager.

>What's a computer?

Hoard everything you like, or would find useful someday, or what some other person would find useful someday.
only ever buy WD HDDs preferably reds. Everything else is shit. Never trust any other hard drives, always have backups, at least one backup on your system, one offline, switch and update with the one in your computer weekly (maybe monthly if you are feeling bold). And one on a cloud of your choice.
And last but not least share anything and everything (to a certain extent) what's so good about having a massive collection of whatever and keeping it to yourself.

>only ever buy WD HDDs preferably reds.
Why?
I have a Blue and it's been going well since 4 years

make a booru/check with a booru if you have the same image, download the tags for it.
tag the remaining pictures over the course of a month, whenever you feel like it.

>4years
I hope you back up frequently
Blues are fine, reds are more durable.

Thanks for the tips. I means more about the topic of the thread (these tag things), but i'll keep this in mind.
I'm seconding though. Why only WDs? I heard there may be some botnet going on with them. That's why I ask.

bump

>I'd like to move this to another tag

>not just throwing everything into the top level dir and forgetting about it

Attached: 1523531155481.jpg (72x23, 3K)

>And last but not least share anything and everything (to a certain extent) what's so good about having a massive collection of whatever and keeping it to yourself.
>tfw hoarding but internet is way too shit to share anything

Attached: 1504708474664.png (500x518, 1018K)

>Music and pictures are very different.
No one specifically said "pictures" before your comment.

hydrus is godlike but dependency-heavy
i plan to look at the source myself and clean it up a bit because of my autism, but i still use hydrus for my pictures

ipfs is a memory whore

>youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
you sneaky fuck

> 2018
> This
I'm not even mad.

This but keeping a mental catalog including visual association of where things can be found, and being able to mentally pick out the perfect image for your post and then finding it in less than 30 seconds of scrolling.

>clicking on dQw4
You only have yourselves to blame

Shrek is CUTE

>thinking weebtards from this site can write anything useful

Attached: 1529633354728.jpg (800x800, 165K)

The problem is how do you make it work with existing software? Still need to present logical folders somehow. /tag1/tag2/file is the most obvious option but it's the same as /tag2/tag1/file and adding a tag would be a move yet it would stay in the same location.