Lights are Technology

6000K > 6700K > 5000K > 4000K > 3500K > 3000K > 2700K > 2400K

>inB4 triggered boomers missing their old LPS lamps

Attached: 1366969601824.png (462x374, 293K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k1IjOi9cBsE
youtube.com/watch?v=7NTRs-QzIT8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ok

where's 7700k and 8700k?

7700k Is in my computer

nah bro I have an 8700K

>anything other than a 90,000+ lumen light bar setup
just lol.

Attached: sad_light_workstation_daylight_450x600.jpg (450x600, 132K)

I have no idea why you'd go above 5000k.

LED >>>>>>>>>>>>> Incandescent >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fluorescent

Attached: 902.jpg (680x544, 30K)

Incandescents give off too much heat for me to ever want to use them. To get the same amount of light that I want in my rooms, using incandescents would be like running a space heater.

4300k > all
op noob

Attached: 1511559640560.webm (640x360, 2.9M)

led depends.
shit ones flicker like a seizure.

6500K is best. Movies and shit calibrate to the D65 standard.

>Fluorescent Light

I will keep my Halogen lamps.

Attached: dog disgusted.gif (200x270, 1.09M)

yellow light > white light

2700K looks so warm and cozy

the first 2 are flipped. 6700K is greater than 6000K

Why do propeller hat autists love cold colors so much?

7500k metal halide

are those really led's
looks like pic related to me.

Attached: 350px-EL_wire.svg[1].png (350x270, 18K)

I personally like pure white light, none of that blue tint stuff.

Flourescents are superior to LED and Incandescents, prove me wrong
Pro-tip:
>you can't

Attached: light bulbs.png (1640x800, 560K)

What kind of bulb should I pair with a reading lamp for maximum comfy?

Attached: 1418574577651.gif (500x274, 483K)

Flourescent, not even memeing, very comfy glow

Soft blue fluorescents are the most uncomfy lights ever. Makes everything look too analytical and like an interrogation room or something.

LMAO you must sleep like shit

shit fluorescents have even worse flickering problems

daily reminder that shitty LED bulbs will make you vomit because of low refresh rate

halogens are cool (with their true 5500K), except when they're not

Don't buy them from aliexpress

Will overclocking solve the problem?

4790K>>>

Just add a Japanese capacitor folded over 1000 times.

Attached: 1259693896864.jpg (800x514, 66K)

>Using anything over 4000K in your house

It's like you WANT to have sleep problems

>affluent intellectuals
>anything other than incandescent

Who else would have the money to stockpile these fuckers and then run them for years on end? Also best light, literally zero issues with flicker. If anything CFLs are for poor stupid people, because they just want to "save on electricity" but haven't heard about LEDs yet, or get the CFLs because they're cheaper.

My cheap Chinese friend bought LED light bulbs from Aliexpress. You could actually pick up the pulsing/flickering if you pointed a phone camera at them.

Actually if you do the maths, 6700 is greater than 6000

>if you pointed a phone camera at them

Same happens with incandescents

the warmer the light the better, objectively for home use

you should have a 6500k bias lighting for your TV if it isn't OLED, though

You'll only have sleep problems if they are in your bedroom and turned on while you try to sleep. What I have is very bright and cold lighting for all of my interior lights, except for one or two bulbs in the bedrooms, which are dim and red; when I'm not trying to sleep, I use the normal lighting, when I am, I use the red lights.

That's not how it works but okay

Which part are you talking about?

>using warm lights
>ever
I bet you subhumans also ruin any semblance of colour accuracy your screen might have with flux.

>shitty old bulbs in mason jars
god i hate hipsters

its interesting that as my social standing changed this is actually what happened. now every light in my house is LED

Pretty much, but didn't old bulbs have tungsten?

I myself prefer warmer lights. My bedroom has a 3000K bulb and I have a lamp for night reading (just before sleep) with a 2300K bulb.

same here my man, ive got a 2700k light in all my bedrooms. i figure if you want bright light just open a window during the day. who wants their sleep to be fucked up by overly bright lights during the night?

I already have narcolepsy so it don't make me no difference if cold colors cause (((sleep problems))).

> Be batteries plus employee
> Still have original stock of LED bulbs
> Take every bulb customer to demonstration cases and explain how LED bulbs are essentially the same as incandescent
> Almost every sale ends in an incandescent special order
ama

>40 watts 135 lumens

A true 40W incandescent should be around 400 lumens. They must be using dimmers or some really shittily engineered bulbs.

Yeah, they the same as other led cob lights.

I prefer warmer lights. My bedside lamp has an incandescent bulb and the light of it is so relaxing that sometimes I'll fall asleep forgetting to turn it off.

This

opinions on lava lamps?

always look like shit

>dims your path

Why aren't most indoor lamps leds?

>not having 3500K LEDs

There's nerve gas inside of them.

>not having 1 GWh lamp with 100 cd/m^2 over a 1 m^2 surface powered by a nuclear reactor
Faggot

>1 GWh
>Wh

kek, that's like a 50,000 hour 20W led.

4000K>5000K>3000K>>>K

What's that non-LED lamp in the third panel? High intensity discharge?

Or a really big peepee for 10 seconds. Figure out which one I meant.

>not having a 10MJ car
see it doesnt really make sense

I like the white lights (>=5500k) fuck a yellow light

Flicker-free LED. Preferably with a fairly high CRI but not necessarily all that much light output.

All 3 are LEDs

youtube.com/watch?v=k1IjOi9cBsE

yellow-orange>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>blue-white

/thread

Wow, really, Jow Forumsuys?

You don't use smart-leds?

I almost have the entire apartment running LIFX lights. Scheduled when they come on/off and connected to google assistant.

Any color as well as 2000-9000k iirc, 1100lumen.

2000K 40% in the morning to 100% 3500K after full sunrise, back to 2000K 40% after sunset.

Get with the times, Jow Forumsramps.

Why do you space your posts like that?

I don't think that the OP video is related to electroluminescent wire. I've never seen EL wire get that bright!

LED is shit.

I prefer incandescent for the quality of the light.

has anyone any idea on visible light communications?Basically lifi that Harald haas showcased in tedx.its 2018 and no news on advancement in the field.

it already exists:
youtube.com/watch?v=7NTRs-QzIT8

Hipster meme or actual decent light?

Attached: Screenshot_20180622-211326~2.png (1440x1546, 710K)

>pretends to be hip by using technology that is only useful for people who are disabled or have arthritis

Yes, and I like it that way. I watch shows with flux on. Nothing like seeing Captain Picard command the Enterprise illuminated by soft warm dinner lighting.

Because it is how you type properly.
Each time you want to start talking about something new, separate it.

Like how you're a redditfag is a good reason to space it out.

>not embracing the future

>adding a point of failure to a system just so that you don't have to move to turn your lights on

They are decorative, of you are into hipster shit.
But terrible as light sources.

look at all of the autists arguing, candle has been proven technology for lighting for thousands of years

Attached: candles.jpg (768x1024, 81K)

>Because it is how you type properly.
No it's not, you fucking mongoloid. Learn to paragraph your shit properly.

You should stop your intake of blue light (e.g. switch to the warm bulbs) several hours before you go to sleep. Look up circadian cycles and melatonin production in your brain.

based

Can confirm flourescent is best as a bedside bulb

>Inverted satanic trips

also
t. actual wizard

>essentially the same as incandescent
Why do you lie to your customers?

I do believe you turn the lights off to go to sleep.

>caring about "the evil blue light"
I live in conditions close to a polar night cycle and I sleep just fine.
Try fixing your nervous system first.

This. White/blue light is disgusting

They need them because they don't go outside

I've been changing out my CFLs as they burn out for LEDs, They are pretty good, as long as you check them out at the store and buy decent ones.

I couldn't stand tubes because the light was all grey and flickering, CFLs either burned out pretty quickly or lasted a long time, but they had slight flicker, a bit better color than tubes and didn't have that whine the T8s sometimes had, but a lot of them were greenish. They also have this god awful warm up time that increases as they get older. I have some CFLs running 15+ years and they take a while to reach peak brightness, which is annoying for the lights that only get turned on a few seconds to a few minutes at a time. Probably going to cycle them out to high usage areas like the living room and replace those with LEDs instead of waiting for them to burn out.

LEDs as long as you check them out in the store demo for no flicker they are great, lots of different watts and colors to go for, low power, low heat, the base where the caps and shit are doesn't turn a burnt yellow like the CFLs do.

>t. lizard

The future of anything.

Poorfag.

Hello Trump.

Flumcat Blumf!

Attached: 2x.jpg (1145x761, 311K)

If you work in photography/are a graphic artist you need 6500K for proper color rendering.