Show the computer you were most excited to work on or own

Show the computer you were most excited to work on or own.

Me...

Attached: 800px-SGI-indigo-front.jpg (800x1267, 151K)

Other urls found in this thread:

austin.craigslist.org/sys/d/collectible-silicon-graphics/6613373920.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah, Indigos was the best but I never had irix to run on them. Totally worthless to me.

do you know any site that sells the empty cases for these old cool looking computer systems.

>>>/onions/

>old cool looking computer
Define the "cool looking". If you mean the monolith or OEM alike I'm sure we got enough.

what job did you have to use such a powerful workstation?
or are you LARPing?

>Memepad T420
it was shit, sold it 3 months later. Now I have a T530

I used to manage one of these Cray J90 back 20 years ago, pretty interesting computer. The console was a Sparcstation5 and to boot the Cray, you first had to bootstrap the mainframe from the Sun, then login to the mainframe and boot up the IO and vector systems. The OS was a Unix-like called Unicos.

Attached: CrayJ90_003.gif (586x743, 174K)

When I was working for Stanley Tool in 1997 and our HP9000 server (can't recall which model) lost a CPU, the tech hot-swapped the dead CPU board. That shit blew my mind.

At my current job, I managed several IBM RS/6000s until our brilliant senior management outsourced 75% of our IT headcount and Pajeets moved pretty much everything to Windows.

Attached: ibm_7013_520.jpg (411x512, 41K)

IBM 709 that I used to work with in the 50's when I was working for the DeSoto Division of Chrysler. Ahh the good old days.

Attached: 709.jpg (500x401, 152K)

Imma need your age user.

who's Imma?

Nvm got it

she's beautiful

i bet she's sitting away somewhere, still somewhat functional.. what was it like to operate something like that?

fucking kek

school machine. not so much the machine itself, but OS X Panther was a beauty at the time. the superdisk drive was also really handy to save big downloads using the university T1 connection.

Attached: a7152dfa-dd7e-11e5-83c2-e16e0c6bfec6.jpg (700x466, 43K)

Give us some stories, please.

honorable mention to these. the ones in the lab had really large (at the time) 19" screens

they felt really exotic in the computer lab, yet you could still run netscape and staroffice to do simple tasks even if you weren't a CS major (they were the ones using them the most).

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 121K)

What's an "age user"?

Attached: Vocative-comma.jpg (400x276, 17K)

craigslist, ebay, or letgo

you'll usually need deep pockets, but sometimes not

austin.craigslist.org/sys/d/collectible-silicon-graphics/6613373920.html

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1066x1600, 129K)

cool af

It's hard to say because I don't feel excitement anymore. Even if I build the most high end PC, I know it'll either have shit software if I use Windows, or it'll be cheaply made chink garbage.