"Join our IRC if you have any questions!"

>"Join our IRC if you have any questions!"
>join and ask question
>hundreds of users idling
>no response in five hours
I hate IRC.

Attached: 1514483951148.jpg (700x700, 110K)

At least on Jow Forums you get told to fuck off and take your blog with you

install gentoo

I idle in a shit ton of channels on quake and rizon and don't answer because everything is covered in basic FAQs
If I answered every baby's question it'd be my job
and no one wants to do it for free

Then why the fuck are you idling in the chats?

To laugh at faggots like you.

No you don't. It's just not socially validating to do anything if it's obvious no one else is willingly doing it. If a thread receives no replies in 2 minutes it's basically deemed social suicide to reply. If anyone does reply, it'll be negative since it's socially a free action, but it often won't happen.

Not everybody knows to answer your question.
Not everybody is watching their IRC client all of the time, and may even be away from their computer.
You're not entitled to an answer.
It's entirely possible (and probable) that you asked your question in a poor way, and nobody wants to take the responsibility to deal with your shit. It's related to the whole "don't ask to ask" thing.

social suicide on an anonymous Lithuanian goat training forum

It's literally human behavior. It's how on reddit a post's entire projection gets 50% worse odds at going viral if the literal first rating is a downvote. You see a thread get ignored by inevitably dozens or hundreds of lurkers, and think to yourself, "yikes".

on #Jow Forums you just get permab&

I lurk the back pages looking for ignored threads to reply to with "Install Gentoo" all the time.

You now realize those users have been idling for years waiting for their questions to be answered

I'll give her my one-eyed monster

This one didn't receive a reply for three hours.

>wait 12+ hours
>client disconnects for 30 minutes without me realizing
>paranoid I missed the answer

Attached: 1397024961836.gif (675x380, 2.99M)

Attached: 000.gif (288x288, 2.05M)

>Leave 2 minutes after asking their question
When I do have time to answer, faggots always do this.

I idle in case someone has something to say to me specifically or asks about my projects. I answer those questions. I have notifications set up for this.

>Leave 2 minutes after asking their question
Man, this. Some people just fail to understand that IRC is asynchronous communication because of work, sleep and other shit. Just because their client is connect is doesn't mean they've read and chose to ignore you. Give it 24 hours.

chosen*

>asynchronous communication
Except there's no logs.

That's why you idle.

Dumb fourth-wheel catgirl poster

Any good on-topic channel for an open project worth their salt keeps public logs and alerts you to that fact when joining.

minge

In all honesty why do you do it, seeing it posted everywhere just makes me hate it, it's the sole reason why I've never tried it but I've tried void and every other distro

I think gentoo is everyones first distro for more experienced users. It is an ok distro I think, but messing with unmasking applications and use flags gets a bit annoying in the long run. These days I tend to use distros where I don't have to mess with that kind of stuff.

That's why everyone moves to discord. IRC is shit for slow chats or organizing things or providing information or communicating asynchronously, or for very active chats or for basically everything, the only reason to use IRC in 2018 is because you're a criminal organization and have to avoid getting caught, which is a legitimate use case, but a very niche one.

These days, I feel I have better conversations about pretty much anything on IRC. Discord to me doesn't really feel like something that will last. and I feel joining channels is a bit more difficult since it seems the channels are more like secret clubs, not as open as IRC can be. I might be wrong about the last part, but I feel better about using IRC.

What is that pic from?

That means your question was dumb and worthless. Try asking a more intelligent question next time.

>Except there's no logs.
So?

Xenoblade

Why can't open source fags come up with better solution?

>What is telegram

Why can't closed source fags make something that doesn't attract söybôys and twitch whores as their main audience and then build their service on an inefficient tool while also data mining you to hell and back?

Something nobody uses?
Discord and Slack won, admit it and come up with something better.

But all my friends and e-friends use it, i'm in the process of converting my family too

>make excellent software
>everyone uses it
>autistic imbecile refuses to use the software because someone they will never meet uses it too
Good riddance.

How much is discord paying you to shill on Jow Forums?

>hurr durr derp

>IRC
That's a funny way to spell freenode

Too many brainlets on Jow Forums. All of them are normies too retarded to learn anything so they will take the path of least resistance even if it data mines them and shits out electron apps.

XMPP
M
P
P
is better than IRC in every way.

You have to be pretty retarded to blindly believe something people shill on Jow Forums, and even moreso to not use the best software on the market because of that. Enjoy your trash illegible group chats in telegram.

>Something nobody uses?
what the fuck, fuck too many people use that gay shit

>Best software
Neck yourself discord basedbòy. You have to be retarded to think discord is any good.

Keep copy pasting bullshit, it's all your brain is capable of.

Or maybe those hundreds of users don't have the answer you're looking for you fucking autist.

Keep using your discord defense script, it's all your brain is capable of