Now that Linux Mint 19 is coming out, which one do you prefer for the best out-of-the-box experience?

Now that Linux Mint 19 is coming out, which one do you prefer for the best out-of-the-box experience?

Attached: ubuntu-linux-mint-670x335.jpg (670x335, 53K)

manjaro

Linux mint has backdoor

Mint sounds really gay, and i value distro names quite highly so i shall not

Attached: 56787675.jpg (1200x800, 170K)

Mint is garbage,dude. Seriously, use anything but Mint.I'd trust the ass-clowns at Manjaro before I'd trust Mint devs.

Proof?

Fedora

systemd? so does ubuntu.

install gentoo

Attached: doitfaggot.png (1280x800, 227K)

Ubuntu is Linux for dummies
Mint is Ubuntu for retards

literally this

I like linux mint it's what I use :)

I wish they'd support kde though

Manjaro.

Linux Mint

I used that until a recent update, which kept causing cinnamon to crash into fallback mode.

Arch, but my servers run Debian

I had some bugs with kde in linux mint but they fixed themselves by adding the kubuntu backport and doing an upgrade

it is a mystery

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-06-23 at 3.14.41 PM.png (361x465, 31K)

ubuntu minimal iso which is around 50MB then launch your post install script.
You have one if you're not a brainlet.

Both are solid choices, but in my experience, Linux Mint works better out of the box. Things like Samba shares and VNC servers work without any issues or tinkering.

t. using Ubuntu MATE and Debian stable (Xfce) on my machines

Attached: paper look to the side reaction.jpg (409x325, 22K)

Ubuntu out of those two. Specially with the minimal install option now.

Solus is probably the best distro out of the box desu. Manjaro isn't that bad but I've has some problems with it.

This

Fedora with KDE

If I'm too lazy to install Arch, Antergos

I use Linux Mint just because it was the first distro I tried (3 years ago) and I never bothered to switch.

Why should I even switch? It's such a hassle honestly. I'd have to backup all my data, then install the new OS, probably mess with bootloader issues and what not, finally get the new OS to work, re-install everything, re-configure everything, transfer over the backed up data.

Such a hassle

yup

This af

even mint is better than "lets break more than true arch" manjaro

The original point of Linux mint was because Ubuntu didn't have codecs preinstalled and mint did. Then Ubuntu allowed you to agree to third party codecs on installation and mint had no purpose. So then mint made debian edition so that there was a reason to use mint. But it was just Ubuntu with Debian repos. So when people weren't impressed with that, they took over the cinnamon and mate desktops and use mint (still essentially Ubuntu) as the platform to hack in those desktops.
So if you like cinnamon or made, use mint.
Otherwise just use Ubuntu like a normal person.

I DO like cinnamon. But shouldn't it be installable on Ubuntu too? I don't understand all the inner workings of Linux, but I thought the point is that I can customize it how i want.

You can, in mint you're more likely to get updates faster because that's what the devs use and because it's their flagship product they'll make sure it runs more properly by properly customizing it, bigger community, etc. for you but yeah, you can do it yourself too if you prefer.

There's no reason to switch. Your distro doesn't matter.

Having a seperate data partition makes all of this easier (assuming you make regular backups anyway).

where the fuck do you think you are?

Attached: I_use_mint_bully_me.png (1600x900, 983K)