stallman.org/
fanmail.biz/115450.html
tavrn.gg
stallman.org/stallman-computing.html
contemporary-home-computing.org/RUE/
blog.sapphire.moe/2018/introducing-tavrn-tap/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

IRC chat I guess

Only one I know of is rocket chat. It's MIT.
rocket.chat/

riot

>listening to a cucked communist

no u
freedom

steam chat

Freedom doesnt exist

not just for gaming

for u

>stallman
>freedom
You probably meant Theo

>it took stallman using someone else's link to know that discord is a botnet
use nheko, retard

>MIT license
>a PRIVATE university
not free enough!!

Attached: 1529714463052.gif (386x286, 1.38M)

facebook, faggot

matrix

FPBP

you pussy, what's wrong with selling some of your data for being allowed to use some internetz?

Riot.im

>needing Richard Stallmam to tell you discord is a botnet
wow you're fucking retarded

Looks dope
But the only reason I use discord in the first place is that every single 15-25 year old with steam installed has it installed as well. Ask them to install rocketchat and try explaining why open source is better and it'll go over 90% of their heads. Unless they're a comp sci major or a tinfoil hat, good luck getting them to switch

>kek

Attached: 2018-06-23 19_01_26-Window.png (545x46, 3K)

kek

Ripcord

Riot. It's a lot like Discord, but it's based on an free open source protocol called Matrix. They have clients for every major operating system.

about.riot.im/

Attached: riot.png (1600x1063, 405K)

Use riot, but host it on your own server for maximum privacy.

Also, here is the source code for Riot if you want to compile it yourself.

github.com/vector-im/riot-web

github.com/vector-im/riot-android

github.com/vector-im/riot-ios

from $50 and up. doesn't sound very free to me.

Only one, is Mumble

user, choose Install own server. Those priced options are for companies to use it hosted on the developers' cloud and with enterprise support shit.

If you didnt know, steam chat got redesigned. Looks a lot like discord, has servers / groups and channels now

Mumble doesn't have text chat

Soon to be paid software, whats the point

Tavrn.gg it's an open source clone of discord. Runs on the sapphire network which provides the gitgud.io git lab hosting and mixtape.moe. it looks identical to discord, and provides nearly everything that discord offers.

i had to quit kikecord. they log EVERYTHING.

i just use IRC and email now. anything that has easily accessible logs by an end user is not a good idea. i don't even touch matrix or slack because of that.

And?

tavrn.gg

sapphire.moe

mail stallman asking if he approves riot

having friends is not compatible FOSS

Apache 2.0 is an FSF approved free software license.

apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0

Based amazon

yes it does (not my pic)

Attached: Mumble_1.png (687x473, 31K)

>supporting MIT
no way fag

i don't think he approves electron-based code abominations

>stallman.org/

wtf is that site? looks like someone stuck in the 1990's

equitable

He doesn't
Built off Google

no javascript = free javascript i guess

shall i mail him?

not if they don't accept cash.

do it faggot

There's many... Matrix has like 50 programs designed using it

Why not just figure it out yourself.

Are the clients free or not? Start by looking at the scripts in the browser. That's all that matters.

you're too polite

too normie for that

>Telegram
>Spyware Level: Medium
kek

fanmail.biz/115450.html
shall i?

can i use an old laptop?

tavrn.gg

stallman.org/stallman-computing.html
>An explanation of the concept of designing a "user experience" which also shows why I find it loathsome. This is why I want stallman.org to remain simple: not a "user experience" but rather a place where I present certain information, views and action opportunities to you.
"explanation of the concept" is a link that goes to this: contemporary-home-computing.org/RUE/

>Being on the internet in 2018
>freedom

bump for riot

IRC. It's perfect. Finished. There's nothing else to add. And other protocols are bad, bloated, harmful, complex versions of it.

Don't use Discord. Use the Matrix protocol instead. Matrix is like IRC, but better. It supports federation, uploading attachments, and end to end encryption, and more.
For a Matrix client, I recommend Nheko. It's written in C++/Qt and supports end to end encryption. Riot (the other popular client) also supports encryption, but uses Electron. Riot is more polished, but Nheko is more lightweight.

Be sure to choose a decent home server as well, like banter.city. If you shitpost too hard, your home server admin can can your account and then your lose your contacts.

irc, riot, mumble

tavern.gg
blog.sapphire.moe/2018/introducing-tavrn-tap/

Y-YES, Its Free Source!!!

Attached: Screen-Shot-2018-04-20-at-10.26.31-AM.png (1480x1067, 411K)

matrix and riot are a botnet desu

somewhere, someplace, is logging your messages so you can view them later.

irc is transmit.

Seconded.

Attached: cap_american.dad.s14e11.720p.hdtv.x264-mtg_00_07_54_01.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

one time i used tavrn and it was great. needs mor users.

It's Finnish you say?

Who cares lol discord is not even bad compared to the ime shit Intel CPUs have let alone other back doors and routers isps and vpns all being compromised
How new are you?

This

i use an old intel cpu, ivy bridge

lol

IRC
Matrix (riot.im)
Wire

What's the point of end to end encryption if I have nothing to hide? Shouldn't I use the software that has the most features I need and implements them in the best way as long as there is no reason to doubt that my data remains anonymous?

inb4 mindless meme responses

i use html everyday, then i saw this

I'm not , but
there is no reason to believe your data remains secure. Jason Citron, founder of Discord, had previously founded a company called OpenFeint, which was sued for extreme privacy abuses – illegally harvesting and selling data.

>there is no reason to believe your data remains secure
There are three: They say so, it is illegal for them to do so, and nobody could unearth any evidence of them doing it.

I'm not saying they don't share your data, just that it is irrational to think they do considering what we know.

Trying to get new people to use IRC is like pulling teeth.
It doesn't preview links they whinge, you can't image post they cry, you can't voice chat they mutter.

God, that site is like someone said "make something modern" without actually grasping intuitive interfaces or usability.

Any Matrix client really. I think you can do everything Discord can do chat wise except for screen sharing.

There's even a Weechat plugin to bridge the IRC client to it. Matrix can bridge over into other chat products I think I might even have a bridge to Discord. I've been wondering if it can use FaceTime since I have a sister who keeps insisting I buy an Apple product to video chat with her.

Also, Discord may have helped doxed alt right activists. Even you Reddit fags should be appalled that they would do something like that.

Indeed. IRC is horribly outdated.

It works REALLY well in a terminal and the message density is incredible, thanks to no fluff like profile pictures on the side or anything. Even if IRC is really old, most things fail to be as good.

Attached: 2018-06-24-105456_956x1046_scrot.png (956x1046, 99K)

T. Sent from your arm Android zoomer faggo

Attached: 1529608904777.png (820x331, 191K)

>nothing to hide
Bullshit. Even if you're a 100% upstanding citizen who does nothing illegal (nobody is) you still should value your privacy and security. The "nothing to hide" argument has been debunked for quite a while. I suggest you do some research newfriend.
>no reason to doubt my data remains anonymous
The founder of Discord has been caught selling personal data in the past. And Discord is based in the US which has very little (if any) privacy protection laws.

It is irrational to trust sketchy companies with personal data. It's really not about you, and I'll admit it's not about me, it's about people's data in aggregate, and important people's data in detail, and the unbalanced flow of this data to those with the most influencing power and highest statistical rates of psychopathy. They doubtfully counterbalance themselves, and will often have something to hide, so why should it be a one-way street?

It's the design equivalent of the uncanny valley.

The thing is, normies like that "fluff".

>muh feelings
Are there any actual arguments?

The only sketchy thing about the company is that the founder did something in the past. That's literally it, everything else is immaculate, and their software is the best currently on the market, so there needs to be a substantial reason to switch to something that lacks features and/or is poorly designed. After all users also have a moral duty to not support incompetent developers when more competent ones are available. That sets up destructive reward structures.

>text density outweighs voice chat, asynchronous communication, emoji, link parsing, file transfer through the chat window, file hosting, better legibility, avatars, ...
Are you serious?

this. once again, IRC is outdated as hell.

>moral duty
My sides.

If you think morality is a spook, you will never be happy and never find friends. Enjoy getting endlessly backstabbed by toxic autists and never being able to open up.

>electron shit
Are there any Matrix-based programs that aren't this?

/ignore * JOINS PARTS QUITS KICKS

plis

I'm happy; I have friends, a child and a fulfilling life. What I don't have is a moral duty to support any kind of dev.

what the fuck is a pay toilet? do americans really pay to go to the bathroom?

Attached: Selection_032.png (1466x292, 48K)

Some places in Europe do too, usually in travel hubs like train and bus stations.