pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Group Buys
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nl3D0wIqf3tU43bu0mc0LSkxeh2CxGrchr_OViEjZ4c/htmlview
massdrop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last Thread >News
Cooler Master does Gateron:
Cooler Master released two new keyboards the CK552 and CK550 with gateron switches. Currently the CK552 is a best buy exclusive.

IC new keyboard:
IC has showed off an unreleased prototype of their new 96key low profile keyboard with kailh low profile switches featuring Bluetooth and a slim aluminum case

Attached: girls_holding_Happy_Hacking_Keyboard_Japan-s.jpg (1024x799, 246K)

Other urls found in this thread:

shop.tai-hao.com/products/-pbt-104-rainbow-c02rb601
amazon.com/Filco-Majestouch-Convertible-FKBC87MC-EB2/dp/B01M0UY8YO/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tfw typing on cherry MX switches

Attached: 1529419935373.jpg (640x480, 52K)

they're smug because the Japanese version of the HHKB actually has a sane layout

I tried to add the link to the IC prototype keyboard, but Jow Forums thought the link was spam. Oh well

So did anyone try out the model F reboot in nyc?

Attached: 20180530_143252.jpg (2560x1440, 1.86M)

I did

Attached: 20180616_164924.jpg (4032x3024, 3.34M)

Is there a hhkb aesthetic without a normal layout?

> Is there a hhkb aesthetic without a normal layout?
Yes, a HHKB
If you meant "HHKB aesthetic on a non-Topre board", there are a few - kbdfans sells one for example. It's retarded though.
If you mean "HHKB-like keyboard with a normal layout", then either get a JIS hhkb which isn't entirely normal but is exactly an hhkb, or get literally any Topre board like a Realforce.

How are the Wooting's linear and tactile Flaretech switches for typing? I'm curious if the tactile is smooth like the linear, but I would guess it feels like a standard blue or something.

What's the word on the streets?

beep beep best layout coming through

Attached: DSC_2025.jpg (1920x1280, 1.06M)

I can think of many more ergonomic and functional layouts than the Desert Eagle's.

He had a original kishsaver and the key feel was identical. The keyboard that realy impressed me was the slim model. The original case weighs three times as much, but the light case model is perfect if you want a portable bucking spring keyboard. I would even go as far as saying it is the best 60% keyboard you can buy today.

Attached: 20180616_164954.jpg (4032x3024, 3.8M)

This, desu. Actuation force is too high for my tastes. Plus, it's kinda noisy.

9/10 colorscheme on that second leopold. The white F-keys trigger my autism, though. I think it would look better all one color.

yeah, just keeping the basic 2-tone
they added the navy set and some other extras as freebies
comfortable with the above layout although the navy lock keys have translucent spots for the LEDs rather than just backlight

Attached: 20180526_235314.jpg (2560x1440, 1.56M)

The black alphanumerics looked kinda cool. I just disliked the F keys not all being the same color.

navy actually

Attached: 20180526_224144.jpg (2560x1440, 1.4M)

my eyes are retarded.

Thinking about buying some Tai Hao sunsets for my Ducky Shine 3.

Do all of the tai hao PBT's come with the anti biosis coating? Is it as bad as everyone says?
Can anyone here speak from experience?

shop.tai-hao.com/products/-pbt-104-rainbow-c02rb601

None of the other sellers I checked have any without the coating in stock.

Attached: 61R0iEBoKAL._SX425_.jpg (425x283, 24K)

I bought a Tai Hao PBT set from massdrop a while back. I didn't know about the coating, although i did notice they seem to pick up grime somewhat quickly. Other than that they were fine, far better than my stock ABS caps.

Why is this allowed? Every single thread, the same image and text over and over. How long will this go on?

Attached: glocc monie.jpg (2100x1400, 491K)

Are there any downsides to hotswappabped PCBs other than price?

Also, where can I get cheap cases?

PS/2 or USB?

Welcome to Jow Forums.

God that leopold makes me want a 100 percent. And I hate them.

Me too, user. Me too.

What gun is that?

Is there a prebuilt tenkeyless keyboard with kailh box switches? I don't want to build shit, got enough hobbies to spend time on. Thanks.

not yet. you could get a hot swappable keyboard, though. just stick em in. no soldering required.

Post me a keyboard designed for people who don't have hands made out of blocks of wood

Just put this together today.

Attached: file.png (960x712, 1.22M)

MX Cherry red, Gat reds or Kailh box reds for my gayming board. Or any other suggestions welcome.

The GMMK is probably the best you're gonna get.

ive decided to fill my keyboard with kailh speed navy thick clicks,
how terrible of an idea is this?

Attached: 2018-06-23 18_15_43-speed_navyJPG_1600x.jpg (1600×1067).jpg (1111x666, 173K)

>GMMK
more like gimmick amirite

is the gmmk bad? i was thinking of getting one for my first mech

He's not alone

No clue, I was just shitposting

> kailh speed navy thick clicks,
What the fuck, they have speed thick clicks now?

>using the retarded hhkb style layout with blank spaces instead of modifiers
>on a 40%

Attached: 1528992090925.jpg (354x259, 36K)

yep

Attached: 2018-06-23 18_21_21-Switches – NovelKeys, LLC.jpg (303x259, 25K)

ps/2 obviously

what's the reason?

ADB

that's it?

PS/2 is a screaming manchild hambeast that barges its way to the front of the queue while insisting it has a right to go first and the CPU just does what it asks so it'll go away

USB is a normal adult that understands social conventions and politely waits for the CPU to ask how it is before responding.

NOTICE ME SENPAI

>0 being under 2 instead of under your thumb
Shit.

Is there speed jade?

google exists

Just hit it with your index finger like a normal human being.

so USB is slower, i dont care about how of a good person he is, he is slower

>So just like you are doing with your "i'm insecure about anonymous people on the internet that's why I post my guns pictures?"

You guys should totally make out.

Attached: 1484430391813.jpg (338x305, 41K)

Just buy a standard layout keyboard like a normal human being.

no but there is a box jade thick click

>/mkg/
>Normal human beings
pick one and only one

in a sense but there will never be a time where you notice PS/2 being faster

I WANNA GO FASTER MOM!

PS/2 is a security risk that should have died eons ago.

I don't like to use google because it usually links me to a 15 paragraph article that could be summed up in two sentences and lose nothing

If you have to ask, USB. There's few good reasons for getting PS/2 these days.

What’s the difference between these and the box ones?

No it’s just memes, the gmmk is really good for a first board and it’s pretty affordable. You can replace the stabs though with clipped and lubed genuine cherry stabs and you’ll be set

I know for a fact that it's multiple people since I was posting it as well.

Normal human beings don't buy standard layouts, they either use their phones or Apple keyboards

Anyone know a good Hakko kit for starting out in soldering?

If you have around $200 for a good iron then get an FX-951. There are chink clones of it for around half that but then you would be getting a chink clone.

don't know, I've just been using an analog weller kit with a conical tip

im going to probably drop $100 on the FX888

now i need a tool kit for taking apart switches
any recommendations?

The thing with the 888 is the heating element is separate from the tips, whereas it's a single unit with the 951. So the 951 retains heat better, heats up faster, etc. If I didn't already have an 888 myself I'd get a 951 to be honest familia.

As for taking apart switches, you could get those dedicated switch openers for regular MX switches. Otherwise just a pair of tweezers would do the job.

its a solid $130 extra and I don't plan to do this more than a hobby. Is it really worth the investment?

I'd do it myself. A good tool will last you forever basically. But you know better than I how much you plan on using it and how much you care about the better performance.

What keyboard is that?

Honestly didn't really think of the hhkb when I put this one together. This is mainly something I can use when on the go. Don't really need a full layout for it's purpose.

speed switches have a 1.1mm operating travel

Did you guys finally get bored of birthday posting?

thanks, im going to go ahead and order it then

kira96

It's a ZZ96

Attached: BAE3B697-74DD-49A8-9252-A52E9E2826C6.jpg (4160x3088, 3.51M)

Is this some kind of meme I'm missing?

Some user kept spamming that his mom was gonna buy him a topre keeb from Best buy a while back.

Oh, he killed himself

>optical analog switches will never be available for custom keyboards

I-I'm not gonna make it /mkg/ros...

>thatsthejoke.jpg
take the fucking hint with the $4, user
sheesh

Dare I say it: Based! I hope he's doing swell.
What the fuck is wrong with world.

Get Kailh box heavy dark yellow, the reds are too light, and mx reds are too scratchy.

His mommy didn't love him

Someone is trying to sell me a Ducky Shine Year of the rooster edition for 160$. Should I do it and keep it/resell it, or should I just tell him to fuck off?

You should just go with the regular ones, you're going to be bottoming out all the time

He didn't get it today.

What's a good cheap Bluetooth keyboard. CSG recommends the RK61. I mean cheap I want to use it for a home theater.

What are you going to use that pro micro for?

160 is high, offer like 120

then do what? If he accepts, what do I do?

Exchange your money for goods and/or services

So the keyboard is not worth keeping ?

Alright, I'm looking for something similar to pic related. I really like macros and would like some kind of backlit, but I'm not a fan of cheap corsair. any ideas Jow Forums? I'm lost

fucking autism negro, forgot pic related

Attached: CGK95RGB_06_B.jpg (800x478, 208K)

I want something I can use wired or wireless depending on device. Is this a good one if I like blues?

amazon.com/Filco-Majestouch-Convertible-FKBC87MC-EB2/dp/B01M0UY8YO/

Attached: 1494040554752.jpg (607x457, 196K)

you could get a Tipro if you want loads of macros

Attached: Tipro.jpg (741x233, 146K)