Was the Industrial Revolution and its consequences a disaster for the human race?

Attached: 1521591422081.png (671x690, 201K)

Other urls found in this thread:

teamblind.com/articles/Compensation
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pay peanuts; get monkeys

HURR WE ONLY NEED DEVELOPERS WITH 15 YEARS EXPERIENCE

The American software industry will collapse within 2 decades. I know it's a meme that pajeets are terrible programmers but they do get better the closer the work with the old guard of Americans. They come in, get the experience and mentorship, and then many of them go back and make their own companies or create contracting companies that send more Indians over. In fact, they don't even get paid less anymore. There are enough Indians in management and Indian contracting companies with insiders in major corporations that it's easy to get Indians in. Not to mention many of them have inflated resumes

Meanwhile the dummy American kids find it hard to get jobs with 0 professional experience

capitalism and imperialism were the mistakes

I don't see an issue.

>Pay peanuts; get monkeys
A lot of boiler plate shit really dosn't require anything other then monkeys + one or two good and highly paid lead software engineers to steer the ship and make sure shit is done right. You really don't need rock star devs for EVERY dev position.

which is why if you want monkeys; pay peanuts

Thats some of the problem though, a lot of start ups operate as if every dev position needs to be 20 years of experience rock star can do everything, or the complete flip side where it's "we'll hire any collage kid that will take 45k/y pay, no matter what"

Wait, what? Is google really paying 450k starting salary?

Alright gramps, it's time for your medication.

No
That's misinformation designed to generate a flood of new resumes
They will then only pick resumes for diversity hires
And old people are not considered diversity
So, lots of illegal age discrimination too
This lie also helps them cry to congress to get more H1Bs approved
There are plenty of American developers who will work for a quarter of that

Ted kaczynski was right

that's for sr engineers

sorry your degree in poly sci hasn't panned out antifag

this

All I see is google being successful, paying their workers well and some journalist being angry about it.
I do not see a problem.

That guy has no idea how startups should work.
My goodness everyone has gotten too used to kickstarter and crap like that. You are supposed to work, save a lot money, gain experience and then after a while start a company.

>don't pay taxes
>"wow look at how successful I am"
yeah real level playing field there

120's for expensive but reasonable city
140's for cancervalley

How do you know that?
Also yes google is successful by definition it is big company with it's hands on most markets in the technology world that can afford to to allegedly pay people $450K for being code monkeys

See teamblind.com/articles/Compensation

can you give me a specific article from the site?
Also you really want me to trust some "Anonymous Work Talk" website? That would be like trusting this place.

all of those are real numbers

every time this image is posed the salary gets higher lel

NO PAY EMPLOYEE

NO EMPLOYEE

WHY?????GOOGLE?FAANGs?SILICON VAL?

You need that much, minimum, in order to live in the Silicone Valley area.
The problem with Startups is that they try to start up in Silicone Valley, one of the most expensive areas to live, because there is this notion that tech industries need to start in Silicone Valley to be successful.

The problem is that they're trying to form a business in a place where they can't afford to pay a living wage.

Sup Ted, I didn't know they let you have computer access.

Why don't they just hire people from the midwest and start the company in a place that isn't SF?

Have you ever tried to hire in the midwest? bunch of self taught that knows nothing, not even hashtables

Even the Uni graduates?

didn't get the chance to interview those

Google is soacking all this talent up so they can code in Javascript.
Rip Jon Skeet.

>Literally the most easy period for humans.
>Most people in the West now live better than ancient kings.
>LOL, MODERNITY IS LIKE SO BAD, RIGHT?! EGGSDEE, I WISH I WAS A VIKING *FIRE EMOJI*

a thread died for this

Google doesn't use JavaScript. They literally built a toolkit that generates HTML and JS to avoid it.

>stuggle to find people

I swear the salary keeps increasing $50k each time I see that pic, am I going insane?

Pretty sure it's a hyperbole.

>am I going insane?
as you're here: yes.

Attached: Helperbaum.png (1136x640, 105K)

If you have rock star devs, you don't need to fill most dev positions

it's called the market.

Just don't live in or near silicon valley lmao

There are plenty of employers all over the US that will pay 100k+ for decent developers.

It's called Google trying to suck up all of the talent so the start-ups die off.