Is there a better free word processor out there?

Is there a better free word processor out there?

Attached: LibreOffice-Initial-Artwork-Logo-ColorLogoBasic-500px.png (500x160, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wps.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I found this, is probably botnet
wps.com/

Microsoft Office is free if you pirate.

>there are people on Jow Forums who interpret "free" as "gratis"

Attached: gno.jpg (460x432, 30K)

No, but there are better free alternatives to a word processor out there

like what

>he can't afford the office suite

I literally wrote a thesis on this thing. At this stage it's laughably bad if you're trying to be serious about your work.

>crashes randomly
>imposes all the liberation font shit instead of times new roman that your employer/school may require
>inb4 'just change the default font': good luck changing the default font for page numbering
>conversion to .doc/.docx is so bad it's basically non-existent
>muh 'free', muh 'libre' and doesn't even let you install the writer or the spreadsheet only

LaTeX might be the best

What do you use

windows 10

LaTeX, *roff, lightweight markup languages (Markdown, asciidoc, RST, ...), HTML, other XML document systems (the kind meant to write in like DocBook, not like OOXML).

>there are people on Jow Forums
lmao u wot m8
which people

what kinda word processor is that? does it have the jokerman font?

Look for OnlyOffice. Its free and open-sores.

>there are people on Jow Forums who interpret "freedom" as communism.

LMAO who gives a fuck about open sores other than wannabe commie soibois. Look at what the chinks have done. They ripped the libreoffice code and made a fully functional and beautiful office suite with chinese botnet embedded. Lemme see if anyone has the balls to fight against that.

$$\LaTeX$$

s/people/data mining CIA bots/g

>t. computer cuckold
B L O B B E D

WPS. Its botnet, but Linux compatible and functional
alternative option: do a dualboot with Win7+Office2007

Pages

ABIWORD is lightweight and does what you tell it too. I always install it in addition to LibreOffice because it can be quicker and easier to use. I like TeX and markup but few people learn it and use it properly.

>paying money when you don't have to
Ask me how I know you're poor.

unironically google docs

Literally all of them suck. Libre, Google Docs and the online version of Microsoft word are god awful. The only good one is maybe the microsoft word software that costs money.

Anyone who could make a decent free document software would be unbelievably wealthy, because god damn all of them suck ass.

is it any good?

>crashes randomly
Works on my machine.
>imposes all the liberation font shit instead of times new roman that your employer/school may require
Liberation fonts are metrically identical to Arial and Times New Roman. If your uni forces you to use a specific font it's shit desu.
>inb4 'just change the default font': good luck changing the default font for page numbering
That's totally irrelevant.
>conversion to .doc/.docx is so bad it's basically non-existent
The conversion to .doc is perfect. The conversion to .docx needs some work because Microsoft deliberately changes how the .docx format works every couple years precisely to stop other office suites from attaining full compatibility with it.
Not that it matters, you should be saving all your documents as .odt or .pdf anyway.
>muh 'free', muh 'libre' and doesn't even let you install the writer or the spreadsheet only
Modify the code so you only have to install a component, that's 'free' means. :^)

Has anyone tried Calligra Suite? Is it good?
What about AbiWord and WordPerfect?

LibreOffice is perfectly functional. Conversion to .doc works just fine. I’ve unironically had to do this for work related documents.

Success breeds jealousy.

Attached: googledocs-ios.png (620x620, 39K)

wps is super cancer botnet. its preinstalled on my phone and I cant uninstall it.
It is super bloated, has splashscreen ads everywhere, terrible useability and I'm pretty sure its chinese spyware

Yes, more compatible with MS docs and better looking than libreoffice.

The only good thing to come out of libreoffice was the mascot waifu

Attached: cat_knife.jpg (300x300, 8K)

word does work pretty well on mine too, but it keeps fucking revoking my license and pushing these automatic updates. I have disabled that in a shit ton of places (regedit, office settings, host files, and gpedit), but somehow it can still update but fails to recognize my license. Can you recommend me a good older version of word? I really liked the classic UI without all the forces updates.

Sorry mates

Microsoft® Office 97™
none was better

Attached: ms-office-97s.jpg (800x600, 27K)

MS Office isn't better, it's actually really intrusive with tons of pop-up "tips" and shit that you have to manually turn off.
>then just turn them off
If it's garbage by default then what's the point

>Anyone who could make a decent free document software would be unbelievably wealthy
>free
>wealthy
lmao sure

>freedom of privacy = communism
lol okay retards

Not true. MS Office isn't good, Libre is about the same, but is better by default because you don't have to pay a subscription or pirate

FreeOffice is supposed to be 100% compatible with MS Office documents

Same, wrote my thesis on LibreOffice and it was an exercise in frustration. I eventually decided to dig out my old Core Duo iMac from high school and just use my pirated copy of MS Office 2008.

>random crashes
>autosaves for large documents took upwards of 10 or 15 seconds on an SSD and would sometimes crash the application
>In the event of a crash, the automatic recovery feature did not always work, so you were incentivized to autistically save every 15 minutes like you were still using Word 97
>Large spreadsheets (and I mean LARGE, like several thousand rows) locked up the program
>Extremely poor docx conversion

To be fair to it, Liberation Serif is an aesthetically pleasing font, and .doc conversion worked fine. And as someone else pointed out, the shitty docx conversion is partially Microsoft's fault for constantly changing standards.

I use libre since my pirated office disappeared when my i refreshed my pc by accident.

I keep getting that "recover file" bs every time I load up other than that it seems fine.
Is there anything better though?