What Win10 browser should I pick if I want the best battery life?

What Win10 browser should I pick if I want the best battery life?

Attached: glassespepe.jpg (250x243, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

abelhadigital.com/hostsman/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Windows 7.

links on wsl

i have an older surface so i'm also interested in the answer

edge with ublock origin.

I would use this if I didn't get LTSB; I got Edge and Store to install but it won't let me install uBlock for some shit reason

AFAIK you need a newer version of Edge to support ublock origin, than the version of Edge you get in W10 LTSB.

Edge doesn't come with LTSB, I had to install it manually through a script

Is Edge unironically good?

I know, but the version of Edge you get in windows 10 1607 does not support ublock origin, hence it fails to install. Even if you get it from a script.

Yeah. Low on resources, has plenty of features, supports extensions, hardware accelerated, it's breddy gud actually.

If you're using Windows 10 on a shitbook it's faster than Chrome or Firefox by large margins, a Pentium shitbook i cleaned up for my parents runs stuff like Youtube 60FPS on it whereas it chokes in Chrome and Firefox

Ah ok then, thanks for explaining. Any alternative I can use or am I fucked and I should switch to Win 10 Pro/Enterprise?

Interesting, I'll have to give it a try.
Our computers at work are shitty docked laptops with W10 installed. Never considered actually using microsoft's browser.

use a hosts file?

Anyway to automatically update it?

LTSB is a bit of a meme. It is intended for kiosks, enterpise machines running very specific software, unantended clients etc.
If you want Windows 10 without bloat you either:
Install Windows 10 pro and remove shit by hand one by one
Install Windows 10 pro education. I have heard it's like regular Pro, but without bloat and not restricted in updates like LTSB.

Secondly, if you are using toaster, the best and most battery saving browser is Edge, without doubt. Also there is plenty of shit to disable to save battery, like visual effects, cortana, background apps/services etc.

abelhadigital.com/hostsman/

i googled "hostfile updater"

Ok then, thank you my man

I would personally use Firefox but that's just me.

If you cant use and adblocker or dont have something like a pihole, use a hosts file.

gentoo

probably something like palemoon or polarity.

are you seriously offering a microsoft browser? its probably full of bloat