Will AMD ever be able to shake their negative association with being a "budget" option?

Will AMD ever be able to shake their negative association with being a "budget" option?

Attached: fucking nigger.jpg (857x897, 109K)

No, because their chips will never match Intel's in terms of performance. For all the memes and shilling, Intel still make the best, fastest CPUs on the planet.

they would have to fix their bad driver issue first, kind of like the ceo

If only i could figure out who is behind this post

Attached: 1514936294787.png (596x643, 53K)

Will intel ever be able to shake their negative association with being overpriced? AMD could be selling Threadripper for half price, but Intel has no way to compete

if and only if they make the effort to spearhead new standards

AMD64 is a good example of AMD trying to make it like a big boy, but that was fifteen years ago. desu they need to push something like this again to catch intel with their pants down. but they really, really need to push it, else intel will just xerox their notes and make an Intel128 pc chip, or whatever.

Intel's advantage is they "are" the standard. They beat PowerPC and weird other architectures and became the dominant chip maker. AMD makes stuff that's compliant with the standard that Intel has set up. Intel doesn't have to fight. It's both an asset to the company's longevity, cuz they're not going anywhere, and lethargy fuel. Intel isn't known for being interesting.

Not until they're more expensive than Intel for less performance.

Damn budget build channels actually look pretty comfy since you don't need to build $10k computer meme builds for views

AMD would have to sell their CPUs at 1.5x-2x the cost to reach Intel in price/performance.

Yes. But keep in mind they just returned from the grave. If Intel doesn't bring something really new they will get outperformed. Ryzen matures with any process, their 7nm will be a huge leap while Intel can't deliver anything. I expect it to be at least 4.5 GHz in the worst case with up to 12c in the mainstream.
You mean singlethread performance. AMD is already on par in terms of IPC and multicore performance.

amd is doing so well. they should rest on their laurels for say, 7 years

Attached: 3d3d3d3d.jpg (275x183, 8K)

I would buy Intel again if there was a reason. But this year I switched two Intel based machines to AMD. Felt great, because it didn't even hurt my wallet. Some people bought a shitty quadcore i5 for the price of my 1700 last year. More than 60 Hz is currently not possible so I don't care for it. Also the last 5 FPS you get with a delidded and heavily overclocked 8700K only count when you play shitty games like CSGO on your 240 Hz screen.

i cant' see myself buying intel ever again with all of the performance reducing vulnerabilities and jewish anti consumer tactics. i wonder if a fully patched sandy/ivy is actually worse than bulldozer in the end

WE

>Will AMD ever be able to shake their negative association with being a "budget" option?

AMD is set to rape Intel so hard in 2019 that it's not even funny.

Depends, Bulldozer was shit. It couldn't compete by any means. But Ryzen can. Thats why I bought it, it fits my needs better. I didn't want to buy a mainsteam platform anymore after going HEDT, but the new Intel HEDT is a joke.

WAZ

INTEL

I’ll pay for the performance.

>AMD is set to rape Intel so hard in 2019 that it's not even funny.
It would be extremely painful.

Attached: CPyH1z0A8Axz2h134yYgFV5g1OdC7WVcLFoTLk.jpg (400x300, 24K)

you're a big die

4 die Threadripper 2 is a really unbalanced (memory bandwidth starved) architecture created almost certainly only for bragging rights.
AMD needs to make a higher clocked 1S Epyc platform with 8 DDR4 channels if they wanna push 32+ core insanity.

24c/2 die Threadripper 3 next year will be a great sweet spot made hopefully more affordable by 24/32c TR2 models this year and potentially 48c/4d TR3s coming out at the same time.

Attached: 1447161347847.jpg (1846x1923, 607K)

Intel is pretty kikeish I agree, nut you have got to be pretty naive to trust any corporation not to ream you, that's /v/edditor console war mentality.

Attached: hx082DG3TVg.jpg (1280x720, 103K)

>Will AMD ever be able to shake their negative association

No.
And ayymd isn't even that "budget" anymore, so they have lost the only advantage they had.

I don't get it, am I missing something?

No.

The "finewinememe" nigger. kek