ArcheryOS V1.00

ArcheryOS Version 1.00 is out!!! And i actually have a website this time.
www.archeryos.org/
github.com/H0ll0wp0int/ArcheryOS-build-files

There are now 2 versions, each with 3 flavors. There is ArcheryOS Hunter, with quite a few pentesting tools installed, and ArcheryOS Olympic with no pentesting tools installed. Each with a choice of either awesome, i3, or openbox as the default window manager.

Version 1.00 is more minimal than the previous version, using st terminal, vim (with no addons out of the box), and bash as the default shell (as apposed to zsh).
ArcheryOS Olympic is only ~1GB in size.

Torrents are available on the downloads page of the website, as well as http downloads.

Known issues and bugs:
>In the i3 version the scratch pad doesnt work out of the box, due to last minute changes.
To fix just remove the " from these two lines
exec "$term -n tmux_background -e tmux"
bindsym $mod+Shift+z exec "$term -n tmux_background -e tmux"

However i am rebuilding the iso files, and uploading them now.
>small error in offline documentation

If there is any other issues, or just thoughts in general about the distro, please let me know.

Attached: ArcheryOS-Logotype_02_ex.png (1280x1280, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=Manjaro:_A_Different_Kind_of_Beast
archeryos.org/wiki/tools.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why do we need another Linux distro

Hm, Arch based. Sounds great but desu I'm very happy with Aptitude. Having to learn another pkg manager doesn't seem too appealing to me.

Better not be using systend for init

i3 version

Because my distro is better than all the other cancer. Also because fuck you.

Once you start getting used to the convenience of the AUR you wont want to go back to apt.

Attached: ArcheryOS_i3.png (1920x1080, 341K)

OP please answer this question.

It is using systemd. If you dont like systemd, dont use my distro. Other init systems are not supported by arch, so i didnt want that hassle.

If you want a serious answer. I made it because the other pentesting distros are cancer. Black arch has a fuck tonne of errors, and way too many tools. Kali has too many tools that just aren't needed. Parrot is ok i guess, but the tools are outdated and installing something thats not in the repos is a pain. Plus the repos are slow as fuck.

Attached: ArcheryOS_openbox.png (1920x1080, 310K)

Wasn't planning on using your shitty distro, systemd is just the cherry on top you fucking loser
I bet your on an old as kernel anyways

Fuck off faggot.

i3 i3-gaps "pentesting" shady mega upload hosting and Arch based.

OP confirmed faggot.

>authored by a faggot who goes by H0ll0wp0int
Nice 1337 gamertag, you fucking sperg

Attached: 1478868435070.jpg (904x711, 111K)

looks okay

I need to remove the mega link from the github README.md. But it is hosted on the website now.

Thanks man :^)

Attached: 2018-06-25-110039_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 288K)

>H0ll0wp0int
Wow, what a fucking faggot

niggerdesuniggerdesuniggerdesuniggerdesuniggerdesuniggerdesuniggerdesuniggerdesuniggerdesuniggerdesu

Attached: AbsolutelyProprietary.png (578x551, 638K)

Attached: ArcheryOS_awesome.png (1920x1080, 395K)

pretty interesting, good job user

Thanks user

Attached: ArcheryOS_i3.png (1920x1080, 316K)

Attached: 2018-06-25-112626_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 345K)

>systemd
>glibc
into le garbage

>blind hate on systemd to fit in with Jow Forums
opinion discarded

>It is using systemd. If you dont like systemd, dont use my distro. Other init systems are not supported by arch, so i didnt want that hassle.
Every day I miss Mangina OpenRC.

>into le garbage
>le

Use artix linux. It has an OpenRC version.

only a literal loser would be so buttanguished you'd need to go out of your way to use inferior inits.

Bump since I might download this later kek.

Cheers dude

>systemd
welp
at least clover exists

so it's arch bundled with an install script and some config files.
am I missing something?

Is there a list of packages that it comes with? I'm curious what you customized it with...
Anyway, nice job making a distro! How did you go about doing that tho??

No, thats about correct. And it has some privacy settings/addons preinstalled on firefox.
And the luks encryption in the installer unlike (((antergos)))

There is a list on the website of pentesting tools installed. However i can upload a list or the regular tools if you like?

>However i can upload a list or the regular tools if you like?
pls do! and thanks.

### utilities
gparted
firefox
mlocate
fakeroot
ranger
vim
tmux
mkinitcpio
mpd
mpc
mpv
zathura
zathura-djvu
zathura-pdf-poppler
htop
scrot
ncmpcpp
zip
unzip
w3m
gcc
make
jsoncpp
ruby-rdoc
redis
python2-scapy
python-scapy
scapy
weechat
thefuck
imagemagick
firefox-vim-vixen
firefox-umatrix
firefox-ublock-origin
firefox-extension-https-everywhere
polybar-git
yaourt
tor
proxychains
tor-browser

and then there are these ones, depending on the flavor your download
### i3
i3-gaps
i3blocks
i3status
# LOCAL REPO i3
betterlockscreen

### Openbox
#openbox
#obconf

### Awesome
#awesome

thanks user! very cool.

Thank you. If you try it out, please tell me what you think.

Go back to >>/v/

I've never been to that cesspool and i dont intend to.

Then /vg/, lame ass namefag.

or there, faggot

You sound like a really upset faggot for no good reason. He offered you an answer, if you don't like that he uses systemd go make your own distro.

Also, it's "you're" not "your" you literal retard.

May I ask one thing? When will you continue to release new versions? For example, every month? Or just whenever there are major bugs and you feel the need to release a new version?

I will try to release new versions 2-3 times a year.
Mostly to to fix bugs and update the conf/dot files for a better workflow.
Seeing as there are 6 iso files to build with every release, and totaling just under 10GB, it can take about a week on my upload speed to upload them to the server. So as much as i would like to make a new version every month, its not really feasable.
However, ArcheryOS uses the arch repos, so the distro will stay up to date as long as you update reguarly.

Alright, i'm not much of a pentester but I'll for sure give Olympic a try.

>yet another Bolgenos
I hate you OP.

ok great. thanks for giving it a shot. what flavor are you going to go with? Please let me know what you think of it.

nice arch respin, no need to call it an actual distro

i3 for sure and will do

nice

>not using tomorrow
banned

I have firefox set to wipe ALL my data when i close it, and im not going to set it to tomorrow every fucking day. cbf.

do you mind me asking what you could possibly be doing that you even need this?

not being condescending or anything at all, this is coming from someone who owns a shit ton of guns and gets retards asking me why i NEED guns when i live in america. shits infuriating.

Why i set it to aut delete my data?
Well most days i have a few scripts running that search for vulnerable webservers. When i find one, I send check how bad it is and usually send the owner an email that they have vulns, and that i can provide a security audit if they want me too. However, doing this is illegal, and if they found my identity they could call the cops and i would have a hefty lawsuite in front of me, so its better to have my browser completely disconnected from my identity whenever possible.
It also stops things like targeted adds when im not logged in, and price increase when visiting sites more than once.
Just a good security practice imo

neat, cool to know brother. keep it up.

Thanks man.

>a Jow Forumsentleman actually finished a project
>with little or no help
Congratz dude.

what distro would you recommend for someone trying to learn to just use linux and learn some basic coding n shit? sorry for the off topic questions in your thread, but it made me think

>systemd
>h0ll0wp0int
>github
>'olympic' (this shit better be perfection)

oy

Wow you all are so negative.

Hope you all have isolated routed lans because I'm going reflash your router firmware via the backdoor faggots!

Thanks dude.

ArcheryOS Olympic. Maybe the awesome version because its a good medium between tiling and floating windows.

kek
Not me. I should of tripfagged or something

are you shilling your own os or do you actually think i should use it as someone whos never used linux before

Attached: DiWS30Y.jpg (412x350, 47K)

actually i take that back, I've used minix before.

A bit of both desu. Choosing ArcheryOS as a beginner distro is similar to choosing manjaro or antergos. They are all just arch with installers and prewritten config files.
ArcheryOS is strong on the minimalism trend, so it would help a noob understand the benefits of using terminal/curses programs. But they are also preconfigured, so you dont have the hassle of actually installing them.

Otherwise, just go with ubuntu. If you're getting into programming, i highly suggest eventually learning vim and i3, as i find it helps have a more efficient work flow.

Holy shit, can't you buy a better network connection or at least upload shit from a library/bars/streets with open WiFi?

faggot

Fuck off

> pen tools distro

Whar ???

seems like a lot of duplicated work. why not just roll a custom installer for the arch iso and use the AUR for your customizations?

That's just the non-pentesting tools. The pentesting are listed on the website.

That's pretty much what it us dude. It uses the are repos.

yeah and op was talking about how he couldn't do more regular updates because of his shitty network.

>manjaro or antergos. They are all just arch with installers and prewritten config files.
Manjaro is Arch-based, but it's not Arch. For example, its repositories differ from Arch's.
wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=Manjaro:_A_Different_Kind_of_Beast

install pentoo

Get rid of that name!

how about this one

>better than all the other cancer
Meanwhile it uses i3 to cater to 15 year old Arch ricers
and it has the unforgivable sin, systemd

Haha, yes!

i3 is unironically good, though

i like your name man

I might try it in a vm

This. OP is dumb.

Never heard about this. Arch + i3 out of the box - I just came :)

fuck off faggot. did you even read what i responded to that comment with?

try it out dude, you will like it

Yes I read the post replying to it, and it didn't answer anything. If it's just an installer for arch then you don't need more than 20-100MB uploaded every month, yet you apparently do which implies you're uploading the entire OS. So again

Well its arch, with some program preinstalled and some configs prewritten. the turns out to be around 900mb-1GB in size.

Bump

thanks user

Wow, I thought it's an another dead Jow Forums project. I will try it on my secondary laptop and share my thoughts, but it looks quite good at the first look. Keep up man.

Thanks user, im glad you are interested in trying it out. Thanks. What version/flavor are you downloading?

I'll try hunter with I3(cause I'm used to it the most).

what pentesting tools are actually necessary
how do i just put them on alpine

nice dude. thanks for trying it out. Please email me any thoughts you have on the distro, my email is on the website

It really depends what you're doing, but i like
>msf
>setoolkit
>netdiscover
>dirsearch
>bupsuite
>dirbuster
>nikto
>wapiti
>nc
>nmap
>sqlmap
>smbmap
>wireshark
>unicornscan
and a few more off github i cant remember
If you want more, just look here
archeryos.org/wiki/tools.html
or just install ArcheryOS :^)

in your experience, does installing one tool usually just break another one?

no.

sudo dd bs=512M if=ArcheryOS.iso of=/dev/sdX

at least I gave it a try :/

also why the fuck would you use unicornscan over properly using nmap

he's an aussie

Even more of a reason not to use this dumpster fire of a distro

That's honestly pretty aesthetic. Don't let your dreams be memes user, keep working on your distro and ignore anyone who doesn't offer anything useful.

Attached: RO_Kiehl.gif (151x154, 35K)

make a better one

This. What the fuck.
Get this shit sorted out, we don't need 900 broken distros.

>I made it because the other pentesting distros are cancer.
So you made it for skiddies? Anyone actually doing pentesting work, has their own image based on some better distro.

oh? and everyone should use their own image and have to expend x+90,000 hours tweaking their own image instead of just collectively putting our fucking heads together to make one work for 99% of usecases?
fuck you, you fucking hobbyist; improve some fucking workflow for once