My pc has been pretty slow and crashing alot lately

>my pc has been pretty slow and crashing alot lately.
>downloaded some software to check cpu temprature
>i think it said 110 something C

>tried to take a screenshot but it crashed when i opened gyazo

>could this be why
>pic is my radiator

Attached: image.jpg (3024x4032, 1.31M)

Other urls found in this thread:

cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD FX-9590 Eight-Core&id=2014
pcpartpicker.com/list/LfzxfH
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

110C is insane. Is the cooler mounted tightly over the CPU, and did you apply thermal paste properly? Cleaning out the dust will help, but it sounds like something isn't right.

YES. CLEAN YOUR SHIT.

Attached: 1522399836556.png (600x600, 45K)

This.
And post results once you do clean it. It'd probably be worth reseating and pasting your heatsink while you're at it if it has been running hot for a while.

>single 120mm AIO
>that no airflow case

I bet this guy is actually overclocking too

using a AIO in a case that can fit a aircooler is retarded only reason to use a AIO is if your case cant fit one and a air cooler will clog up much slower.

get a cheap 212 for 20$ and save your AIO when you get a thin micro case.

>that thumb

i actually am
is that bad?

>gyazo
>110c degrees
the fuck?

Even with how bad it is, it couldn't have caused 110c. I bet your has pump died.

100C is boiling. My CPU is currently 34C. 110C is insane. You've already taken years off the lifespan of your CPU. I'm surprised it isn't dead.

That's not that bad, yes the effectiveness of that radiator is poor but the pure thermal mass + throttling should be keeping it from hitting those temps. I'd say something else is fucked.

wash your hands pajeet

>thin micro case
do /v/tards really do this?

>shitskin on my Jow Forums
I thought Jow Forums is a white majority

Attached: 1525123495563.jpg (651x750, 53K)

100 is whatever my motherboard idles at 96 C

Attached: motherboard temps.png (685x433, 49K)

That's just your designated dust collecting fan, your others should be fine, but might want to clean them anyway.

>8700k

Attached: 1422987746203.jpg (533x354, 39K)

Well he's failing at tech.

memes write themselves

At this point i'm convinced the temperature sensor is broken

Touch it while its on.

>just built new PC
>Download speccy to admire all my parts
>CPU: 98°C
>holy shit holy shit holy shit
>turn computer off
>Heatsink doesn't even feel warm
I guess I'll be getting some new thermal paste that isn't the bullshit that comes preinstalled

RIGHT IN THE CORES

Attached: 1516824919271.png (197x208, 98K)

Get a heatsink that screws into a back mount like the Coolermaster 212 Evo.

I don't plan on overclocked for a while, the stock amd wraith spire should be fine, right?

More than enough, just make sure you apply thermal paste properly and mount it properly

Corsair Link is fucking broken.

Attached: uhhh.png (311x325, 15K)

I agree

>gyazo
Why do people use this?

This happened to me years ago with my Antec 920, one day I noticed my 4690k was at 110c and throttling ridiculously. Threw it out and got a noctua and never looked back.

lightshot wouldn't give direct links anymore, at least to me, so I changed to gyazo, which is even worse desu
Not OP btw

How about using neither of those garbage services?

and use what?

Literally anything else. Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, Puush, pomf clones, what the fuck ever.

And they said AMD is a housefire.

>botnet

>m-m-m-muh booootneeeet boogeyman
>uses lightshot or gyazo
See yourself out, the door is over there.

110C means that the pump is probably dead, that temp's insanely high.

>pajeet hands

Why am I not surprised

>could this be why
Actually probably not. Temps are too high for that to be only because of dust. I'd say the pump is dead, it isn't mounted properly, something happened to the thermal paste or the fan died (this one should be obvious).

With that temp, maybe your capacitors are gone.

ShareX

CLEAN YOUR SHIT.

Attached: vomitpepeveryniiiicerare2521819.png (500x552, 98K)

Unused sensor.

> being so jelly
Fuckin 'ell.

>jelly
I'm just glad I'm safe from dying in a housefire

> the reason I use a 10 year old VIA CPU is to be safe

L M A O

>the reason my CPU is frying is because muh single core

Nono, it has a complete and a whopping 8 - let me repeat that - EIGHT coars.

cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD FX-9590 Eight-Core&id=2014

Get on my level bruh.

Why would anybody need 8 cores? 6 is perfectly fine, you will never use them all anyway.

That's like asking what I need eight dildos for. It's obvious, brainlet

But I'm sure you could only use 3 dildos at once.

3 for me and 5 for your mom

So you brought extra core for others to run their botnet then.

I had the same cooler.
I will say this once and trust me.
Get a coolermaster Evo 212.
20°c drop in temperature.

>8700K
I forget people unironically buy that trashfire.

>speccy

Get a proper temp reading program or check what it's at in the bios.
Speccy gave false temps with my 2700x.

It's a joke. AMD also made housefire CPUs, plenty of em in fact. user just did not know about it or ignored the fact.

Anyhow. Why 6 or 8 cores? Well, the more cores you have, the more work your CPU can do. Most kids buy Threadripper or high-end Ryzen because they Twitch and play games. Which is autistic and gay at the same time. But yea, that's why AMD's CPUs have been selling like candy.

I mean, it's kind of a shame. AMD was great at the Athlon-era. And now only caters to cancerous users. Like miners, and streamers. Fuck this gay.... Ea...AMD.

> not wanting to have 6 cores @ 5.0 or 5.1ghz
look at him and laugh!

Attached: IMG_9181.jpg (4000x3000, 3.78M)

We all know well enough that AMD made some terrible CPUs, but we're not retarded fanboys who stick to a single brand whether they're shit or not
AMD at this point is just the only logical choice, intel is dumbfounded by how well Ryzen has done and tried to fix the situation by only producing more shit: i9, "don't overclock your 8700k because they might catch fire", the 28core 2kW fuckery and so on. They can't even get 10nm right, while AMD is almost finished with 7nm
You're a fucking retard if little kids who stream on twitch make you not buy the best technology for your money

clean your shit, you filthy pig

Time to dust off

Attached: blowjob.jpg (500x500, 13K)

Now I know the reason why should we have a clear side panel.

That could be part of it, but it's more likely the pump has either failed or the block isn't installed properly.

that cable management...
OP kys.. really... holy FUG!
RIP shit PC, blame your owner.

110C seem like natural idle temperature for Intel

this

>not having a sound dampened side panel instead

So you would see dust inside?
Why not getting a non-shit case with and filters everywhere

B-BUT MUH LEDs!

Where the fuck do you live for it to accumulate this much dust

To know when to clean your shit.

>and filters everywhere
You don't need to clean your shit when your shit is not shitty

>Tfw mixed race way into oblivion

Post your gut.

Jow Forums

Add some blue LEDs my man

Attached: 1.jpg (1068x1153, 365K)

>all these people not noticing the actual core sensors in the 40's

Ishiggydiggy

>idle 40 is acceptable

Perfection. Thx, this is calming my nerves.
OP's case gave me PTSD.

What's your problem?

>my i5 6600
>mounted on stock cooler 3 years ago, original thermal grease
>in cramped micro atx with single sysfan
>28C idle

>implying the only use case for moar coars is live streaming.

It's almost like programmers, and other content creators don't exist along with people who like to multi-task heavily without any slow down.

It's not where you live, it's where you keep your computer that matters

depending on your ambient temperature 40 is not too bad

nibba my 4930K idles at 28C

It is to be expected if you're overclocking on a 120mm aio. The point is everyone is reacting to a completely different temperature that has nothing to do with the cpu itself.

>ambient temperature

How long did you run that? I've heard Fractal Design make a good case but that too clean to be truth.

>8700k

literally the most cucked person by intel.

Attached: laughing_women_laughing_women.jpg (360x271, 19K)

what case?

I might have been a bit dishonest ;^)
but I just took pic related, had this build for 1.5 years, probably clean filters every 3-4 months
As you can see in the picture, insides are pretty clean, while there's dust near air intake filters
FD Mini C

Attached: 2.jpg (3337x2951, 2.46M)

>tfw still using stock cooler
>does a perfectly fine job at keeping temp under 60 at all times

> programmers
I am one and you don't need many cores as a programmer at all. Like why would you?
Every project I had to use... either..
- Recompiled only changed files
- Had live change-reload

You don't need to recompile the entire project, because you changed a few lines or whatever. So why the need for many cores?
Strong single core performance does help a lot, as all the IDE tools, cleanup jobs, whatever scripts use just one thread. So the fastest single-perf is seriously the best.

> I run a lot of VMs
Another excuse I hear often. Seriously, running a VM by itself means no CPU load. I also run tons, ever since I had my first Core2Quad CPU. But guess what? An idle VM means no load. But, if the VM does anything, let's say it's a scheduled task in Windows, or a cron job, then a single fast performing thread is best once again to get freed up.

Tons of cores/threads have their use. In encoding, simulations. But that's a very low percentage of people. And you just like either rent a machine for that, or use a dedicated server or BOINC network.

depends which stock cooler are you using
basically all stock coolers are decent enough to cool down the CPU so it wouldn't reach critical temps, no overclocking though
The main point against stock coolers is(or maybe was) the jet engine sound under load
Core2Duo had a terrible sounding stock cooler
Phenom II X4 was even worse IIRC
Ryzen stock coolers are great and even handle some overclocking, or so I've read

post your entire build

pcpartpicker.com/list/LfzxfH
>inb4 1 stick 8gb ram
I thought ram prices were high then and I'll buy another stick in the future, how wrong I was...

also since I posted everything that's connected to and in my computer, there's also 2 4pin fan Y splitters