What is the best Linux distribution and why is it Debian?

What is the best Linux distribution and why is it Debian?

Attached: debian.png (1200x1486, 230K)

Arch.

Attached: arch.png (800x800, 173K)

Attached: 1415667616550.jpg (662x495, 181K)

it is not debian.. but it depend on your skill/kind-of-use that u need.
debian is stable, it's good for new users. His packages are old, but are stable and works. u need to configure it a little (not so little..)
Fedora have some fetures for example sudo & sudoers are configured by design.
Void is more interesting.Void don't use systemd (as debian and fedora) but runit.. it have no many program preinstalled, his pakages manager is not easy-to-use as apt, it's a good distro to know your skill..

Finally understood the logo, it's an arch.
And the debian logo is probably the spiral of shit the Dev went into, ultimately leading to his untimely demise.

because you are lesbian

Interesting. Have you tried Devuan? Is it still good for new users?

so you got over your logo autism?

why are there never any cute Gentoo waifus

Gentoo is shit

no u

I use funtoo but its the same shit but more obsure
Linux is all the same stuff anyways

OP here how did you get my picture ?

this
compiling every single package :^)

>change one work in /etc/apt/sources.list
>no longer old packages, but at the same time the devs and maintainers aren't complete retards so it doesn't break like arch

Are there more pictures like this for other distors? Reverse search gave me nothing.

satania is a dumb slut

Attached: Untitled54.png (2000x2000, 981K)

another debian one but w/e

Attached: Untitled47_20170810024507.png (2000x2000, 575K)

last one

Attached: Untitled43.png (2000x2000, 280K)

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1529929643717.jpg (712x562, 36K)

cant the mods just filter all the linux words to gnu/linux, so the poor stallman won't have to interject anymore?

but then how will we discuss the linux kernel itself?

Just write GNU plus Linux minus GNU.

This

I'm terribly sorry for interjecting another moment, but what I just told you is GNU/Linux is, in fact, just Linux, or as I've just now taken to calling it, Just Linux. Linux apparently does happen to be a whole operating system unto itself and comprises a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Most computer users who run the entire Linux operating system every day already realize it. Through a peculiar turn of events, I was misled into calling the system "GNU/Linux", and until now, I was unaware that it is basically the Linux system, developed by the Linux project.

There really isn't a GNU/Linux, and I really wasn't using it; it is an extraneous misrepresentation of the system that's being used. Linux is the operating system: the entire system made useful by its included corelibs, shell utilities, and other vital system components. The kernel is already an integral part of the Linux operating system, never confined useless by itself; it functions coherently within the context of the complete Linux operating system. Linux is never used in combination with GNU accessories: the whole system is basically Linux without any GNU added, or Just Linux. All the so-called "GNU/Linux" distributions are really distributions of Linux.

Never had the chance to try it out, since it always autistically complained about not being able to set up the network, even with the nonfree iso.
Never had this issue on Gentoo, Void, Slackware or Arch.

install gentoo

But that will filter to GNU plus GNU/Linux minus GNU.

Attached: 93C18741-9914-44B9-9B90-98F2A3C5220F.png (676x662, 363K)

It can never find my wardrobes on metal. I've had to use derivatives before and the repos and software management are bottom of the barrel. You aren't missing much. For the life of me I don't understand people's here's obsession with this piece of shit distro. It has zero positive qualities.

Fuck. I need to get another coffee. L*nux it is then.

Looks accurate

That's not how you speak Void Linux.

Attached: scrot.png (1366x768, 1.03M)

Is this the new desktop thread?