What happens when extended support for Windows 7 and 8.1 ends...

What happens when extended support for Windows 7 and 8.1 ends? I need to use Windows for work and gayming but I really don't want to use Windows 10.

Attached: 1529686856759.jpg (750x660, 41K)

Some russian hacker will have fun with your credit card number

Why dont you like 10? Serious question, most people heavily confuses telemetry with spyware.
Crash reports have been sent to MS since windows 95, and the information about you is only used/sent when you use ms services (ms account, store, onedrive, etc)
Selecting to only sent "basic" telemetry will sent only crash reports, as usual.

>that English
Pajeet please, $1.50 have been deposited in your Windows Store Account

we live in a society

>most people heavily confuses telemetry with spyware
And people, for some reason, care. It's just "ID012478af12bc31 opened project using file menu" or "ID1d02350926bc has imported png image". Some products tell you about it and even ask if you want to send this data, but there's nothing secret in it, there's no law that forces you to ask before sending telemetry and most developers don't care. And without telemetry, your product will be shit, because people who use software and people who create it are usually very different people and don't really know on what to concentrate their efforts to make their generalized customer more happy.

VERONICA

in excelsis deo

Some people confuses unconsented sex carried out by coercitive force with rape

You have five basic options:

1) Sell your kidneys and use the cash to buy Apple shit.
2) Accept your miserable fate and go to Win10.
3) Keep using Win7/Win8.1 until new versions of your programs turns incompatible.
4) Change to Linux and find replacement to every stuff you need.
5) Change to Linux for stuff that can be replaced and keep a machine with Windows for the other stuff.

kek

Windows 10 LTSB.

Attached: 6pmrvx-nv8v8qwfhwbz.jpg (1920x1080, 239K)

When the support ends for 7/8/8.1, they are no longer supported. This means that updates are no longer available for those Operating systems and they stay vulnerable to all exploits later on.

>sir? yes please sir, to be listening please! you are those people who are to be heavily confusing telemetry with those spywares! please do the needful and try to be understanding that those crash reports are not like wirus!

Holy shit. This Rajeesh English is just too much. I legit thought this shit was just a meme.

Attached: 1517566543561.jpg (465x493, 44K)

>without telemetry, your product will be shit,
But that's the funny thing, W10 is shit and it has included telemetry for long now. If you're going to ask that much from your customers, give them what you say in return, a good product.

>8.1
You have until 2025. Who knows how different Windows 10 will be by then.

Why is that cow dressed as Luigi?

why does every thread get derailed with sex shit now

It will be worse than before right?

I mean, there are a lot of security flaws right now with CPUs, mostly Intel and more to come.

Having W7/8.1 with Intel will be suicide.

gamers rise up

Use Windows 10 LTSB 2015 or 2016, I'd prefer 2015.

2023 actually.

Post yfw the cow doesn't entered...

Summer is here

After a while of using this clean install of 1803 I have to say, I never wanted to switch back to 8.1 more than now. I feel like the system just gets crappier every single day, one way or another. Not long ago it decided to change my UAC settings without my consent. Opening shit that I used to open a month ago seems slower now as well. I scanned the fuck out of my system to find any traces of malware, which I shouldn't really get given that I do the same tasks and there's fuck all. Hard drive seems fine too.

It's a shame that the support for 8.1 is slowly ending. I'm really thinking of switching back.

I'm in the same boat. Even worse because I only buy laptops and when this one will break, I don't think I'll ever find W7 drivers anywhere.

>3) Keep using Win7/Win8.1 until new versions of your programs turns incompatible.
This. End of support isn't the end of the world. It's not like MS flips a switch that instantly deactivates or spontaneously breaks all your programs. Nor will there suddenly be a massive onslaught of supremo hackers taking down windows 7 machines left and right with magical new exploits that weren't there the day before. And if some really major attack does happen, it wouldn't preclude them from putting out a post-end-of-support patch to stop it; we've already seen that happen with XP.

Bumping as i'm having the same problem
I was thinking between win10 win10ltsb and win7 but don't want to essentially invite someone i don't know to my house and leave them alone unrestrained for 5hours.