How to sit? Sitting is technology

How do you sit the right way? I'm either hunched over, and look up to my monitor causing horrible stress in my neck, or I'm "sinking" into my chair, with a horrible bend in my spine. It's killing me slowly. When I use the same chair/table combo for homework, I can sit there for hours (at least sitting cross-legged). I tried a (fixed) standing table, that was pretty good, but I'd really like to be able to sit for longer hours.
Looking forward to your opinions and recommendations
t. user
>picture slightly related

Attached: allmight.jpg (1330x1529, 602K)

Office chairs are not meant for long periods of sitting, you'll notice when people sit in office chairs they tend to lean back to relieve stress that sitting upright puts on the lower back by allowing the back to curve naturally. The solution is to go find a /comfy chair/ and a living room furniture store and then use a large screen tv and sit back and use a wireless keyboard and mouse on your lap.

Attached: f2v5i.jpg (490x490, 95K)

>I'm either hunched over, and look up to my monitor causing horrible stress in my neck, or I'm "sinking" into my chair, with a horrible bend in my spine.
the reason you are hunched over in your chair is that your keyboard is on your desk, if you had a wireless keyboard in your lap then you would be comfortable

pic related is what office chairs *should* look like

Attached: main-qimg-2519baaf5aea76a5a804ed9c36fe8b43.png (602x663, 326K)

>Office chairs are not meant for long periods of sitting
Isn't that cruel? How do regular people deal with that?
>you'll notice when people sit in office chairs they tend to lean back to relieve stress that sitting upright puts on the lower back by allowing the back to curve naturally. The solution is to go find a /comfy chair/ and a living room furniture store and then use a large screen tv and sit back and use a wireless keyboard and mouse on your lap.
I'll try that in a week, if it doesn't get better with kind second poster's advice. Thank you!
I'll try that, thank you. I found a suitable piece of wood to put on my lap, so I can put my mouse there, too. W2c that chair?

Attached: 3735.png (482x707, 398K)

What a bunch of whining bitches. Is fucking sitting a problem now?

>What a bunch of whining bitches. Is fucking sitting a problem now?
back pain is the biggest cause of work related injury and loss of work time, if you had a desk job, or a job for that matter, you might understand

Attached: mobile-desk-logo-14c28b22d77298c.jpg (449x311, 12K)

You don't sit.
You stand, retard!

They should add pedals to this so you can bike around the office on it.

topkek

I want to fuck her

Does anyone have a good solution for a strap on desk for walking?

Attached: jhhhh.gif (245x253, 960K)

>How do you sit the right way? I'm either hunched over, and look up to my monitor causing horrible stress in my neck, or I'm "sinking" into my chair, with a horrible bend in my spine
1) your desk should have a separate level for monitors than a keyboard tray. if using a laptop at a fixed location, get a docking station. laptops are inherently un-ergonomic as either the keyboard is too high, the monitor too low, or both.

2) if you are using a monitor at a desk, consider getting one with height adjustment at a minimum. Monitor arms are better.

3) if you can't sit comfortably in an upright position for long periods of time, it's probably your chair. consider a new one. higher end chairs like the herman miller aeron (hate, but it's personal opinion and not all body sizes are built the same) and steelcase leap are around $300 used, but are built like tanks and you can flip them on craigslist for what you bought it for.

lap use of mouse and keyboard isn't great, and sofas are not universally great from a support/posture perspective either (varies).

most ergonomic experts don't believe that the thighs and back should be 90 degrees, general consensus is that ergonomics support 90 degrees bend at knees for lower legs and thighs.

>positive incline of keyboard/monitor
>laptop without external keyboard
>laptop with low travel butterfly keys
none of those are ergonomic

sit too long, age enough, and it will probably catch up with you. good chair is an investment worth weight in gold for avoiding pain/strain/medical issues like sciatica

that's a big kitteh

Thanks, I'll check those chairs out.
For you

Attached: 1512430057387.jpg (750x1016, 105K)

If you have money, I hear both the HM Embody and the Steelcase Gesture are worth considering. High list prices
1) Don't order direct, authorized retailer
2) If you order new, 15% mandatory minimum discount, if not walk
3) Good authorized retailers will offer free ship plus free return shipping within 30 days if you don't like the chair, so long as you don't damage it

these chairs can sometimes be found used but they're much rarer than the other two. in particular the embody is controversial as a love or hate chair

if you get a gesture, my recommendation is to go for a headrest

used chairs are a much better value than used. warranty doesn't go past original buyer, but they're built like tanks and you can basically sell used chairs from these brands for what you bought them for

What is that animal? It let him give it a bath so it must be domesticated but I've never seen a domesticated cat that big.

A cougar

Holy shit that's like at least a 120kg shoulder press that's pretty good man

What's the best office chair I can get for $200?
I'm 6'3" 220lbs.

Attached: 1491817874479.jpg (1200x1200, 434K)

probably swedeshit

I saw this dude at a con, like, 10 years ago as a shirtless cloud strife. Gotta be in his mid 30s now.
Photographer couldn't even keep the arms on the side out of the picture.

For (((You)))

There is no "right" way to sit or stand
Current evidence suggests theres little correlation between what used to be thought as a "correct" posture and incidence of back pain.
What does cause pain is sustained positions. Proper ergonomics will absolutely help, having a good chair, top of your monitor at eye height, etc. but the main thing is to keep changing positions, sitting in any position for too long can lead to back pain or other issues.
Get yourself a smart watch or something that will remind you to get up and move around every 30 minutes or so and do a few stretches.

lmao2weebs

>top of your monitor at eye height
lmfao how small is your monitor?

im not a manlet so I wouldnt have this problem unless im using a fuckhueg monitor.
Currently the top of my 23 inch is about 20cm below eye height but im a tall boi and cant adjust it :)

Attached: xcomputer-ergonomics.jpg.pagespeed.ic.HqrRfXXHqe.jpg (500x371, 36K)

My monitor is 24"

Guess Dell just makes superior stands, honestly there is enough room for a pint can to sit under my monitor with a few inches to spare.

>the reason you are hunched over in your chair is that your keyboard is on your desk
wrong it's because of your monitor

Yea dell ones are great, picking a few up from my brother before me moves away which will be nice.
Pretty much if your current setup is fine for you then keep it. only change when you get problems

also use ur backrests people