>look for a motherboard
>rgb. rgb. rgb. rgb. rgb.
>$300. $320. $360. $400. $450.
>try to find a cheaper, non-rgb motherboard
>there is none
>look at intel boards
>all rgb
>all expensive
>tfw there are no non-rgb motherboards with the good chipset for either cpu manufacturer
>tfw they are all expensive out the ass because they have rgb leds all over them
>tfw the motherboards use more power and produce more heat than motherboards without it
>tfw there are no options
>tfw you are in hell

Attached: rgb.jpg (1280x960, 183K)

Just desolder the led if you're desperate
Anyways pretty sure non led versions exist, where are you looking for your mobo?

i mean if i buy one im not gonna remove them, that would be retarded. my case doesnt have windows anyway
i just refuse to pay so much more for something thats absolutely retarded. these boards would be ~$200 to ~$250 without all the rgb shit, then ~$300 for the atx rog shit and ~$400 for the EATX rog shit. now everything has +$50 to +$100 because muh fucking christmas tree pc

im looking at threadripper
i would have just gone with normal ryzen but that shits only got 16 pcie lanes
intel has a few cheaper non-rgb options but with how much more intel cpus cost i would be spending more than the threadripper + rbg board

why the fuck do kids have to ruin everything jesus i just want a motherboard that doesnt have down syndrome

Don't forget the gaymen led heat sinks with zero surface area.

quit lying nigga you can buy $70 B350 mobos

Are you retarded?

just turn the rgbs off you dumb fucking nigger

>i would have just gone with normal ryzen but that shits only got 16 pcie lanes
Ask me how I know you're a retard.

I can almost guarantee with the board's you're looking at the price difference is relevant to the hardware. The price difference with the RGB gaymer shit is trivial.
>i would have just gone with normal ryzen but that shits only got 16 pcie lanes
>Ask me how I know you're a retard
Fucking this.

>that would be retarded. my case doesnt have windows anyway
this is almost as dumb as the op the other day who was bitching about molex,

Better not get a TR4 board with a Foxconn socket.

I am 99.9% sure that you're just not putting in effort, checked the first page on Amazon, then came here to complain. Finding mobos with no RGB is easy

It's fuckin bogus, I've even made tons of threads just like this bitching about how I can't get a high end RYZEN board that looks like this.

Attached: AB50837_1.jpg (858x1000, 907K)

And I'm sure when your 990FXA was at its prime, there were sad cunts crying they could no longer find a board with green PCB, individual colour sockets and bare metallic heatsinks.
Things change and move on.

Asrock Taichi
Asrock Master SLI
Asus Prime
Asus Crisshair with the RGB shit turned off.
Just open your eyes when you're looking for options.

this. Prices are increasing because people keep buying. That won't change as long as there is demand for the products at the new price range. Don't expect RAM and GPU prices to drop much either while people still clear the shelves

Low end motherboard manufacture like asrock and biostar even put some crazy pricing too what a dumbass. We need intel foxconn dfi abit tyan via back to motherboard business.

>motherboards have built in WiFi, Ethernet, audio instead of allowing you to reusing the same addin cards forcing you to rebuy the same thing over and over

The Jews always win.

Attached: 13-157-784-V08.jpg (1280x960, 67K)

This is it. People think prices are at a high and will drop massively at some point in the future. Sorry folks this is the new norm. People keep paying for it, no company is going to take a massive loss in earnings when there is zero need to.

Plus pre-built PCs are dying a death, they were by far the biggest part of the market once upon a time. Now us faggot self builders will have to cover that loss. Prices will always be high from now and on. RGB or not.

look harder

What B350 mobo have support for ThreadRipper?

Just go in the BIOS and turn the LEDs off, dumbass.

>TR4 and LGA2066 mobos
>over $300 burger coupons
No shit, HEDT is pay to play.

I had a green pcb from '14 to 17 and would take the UD3everyday.

Attached: IMG_0232.jpg (2933x2889, 2.41M)

>wants a HEDT processor
>wants a cheap shit motherboard

C'mon. Trolling used to mean something.

hey at least they still have a PS/2 port

This
AyyMD niggers are the worst

>discussing RGB shit
>"muh ayymd
Nice try jewboi

This
I bought an Asus Prime X370-Pro and was so happy that I could use my model m without an adapter.

all threadripper mobos are expensive
thanks for wasting our time
don't drink so much dew and quit ordering pizza for a month

Wait for b450 fag it comes out next month

No they werent you millenial fuck

Why do you need more than 16 PCIe lanes?

LEDs cost almost nothing x399 is an expensive chipset buy an asus board the LEDs have an off setting in the bios

Op u do know u can turn the LEDs off right? I've done that on all my gaming gear

Don’t forget the cpu coolers with led displays which you can customise with pictures / animations

Retard.
>OP asks for a THREADRIPPER motherboard.

>Some retard tells him to get a cheap B350.

Get it?

Why does it matter? It can only bother you if you buy a case that has a window on it. And that makes you a double faggot to begin with.

only american stores sell the oem/server boards. all other countries have only rgb consumer crap.

you sure about that? i have seen things with leds that cant be turned off

they will be visible if the case has fan holes

Just turn the fucking LEDs off. It's not a hard concept.

Asus prime x370 pro is 150, still has gay LEDs but decent price

That's threadripper motherboards normal price faggot you want performance pay for it

The niggermonkey only specified he was looking for a TR board in the second post.
Also, the guy you replied to still has a valid point because he's complaining about $300+ mobos on HEDT.

OH NOOOO HOW AWFUL
Turn them off

>wants enthusiast grade product
>refuses to pay enthusiast grade prices

WEE WOO WEE WOO

RETARD ALERT

I really wish manufacturers had two product lines for mobos. One with LEDs and max homo features for the 14-y-o gaymers and one purely utilitarian for us practically minded.

We had that, it was called Ultra durable, where you could get the high end VRM, the nice chipset, and get the same performance for not much money.

Attached: IMG_0248.jpg (4032x3024, 2.19M)

>what is the gigabyte aorus x470 gaming ultra

those leds are usually not possible to turn off because they have to be as annoying and visible as possible just like those huge brand logos in clothes that normies use.

there are oem server boards but they are hard to get

Assus rog strix. Black/grey board. Has LEDs but you can turn them off and they stay off.

just turn off the RGB you clown

my X470 board had fucking gaymer LEDS and i immediately disabled them in the uefi

Don't forget the stylized plastic shroud that impedes airflow to the heat sink to ensure maximum heat insulation

Get a supermicro or tyan mobo. Build a workstation

>what is the gigabyte aorus x470 gaming ultra
Looks like a children's toy.
Something my 10 year old son would like.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (600x600, 160K)

If you don't spend over $125 on mobos they tend not to have RGB below that point.

>only american stores sell the oem/server boards. all other countries have only rgb consumer crap.

Attached: 1502988608905.jpg (640x639, 113K)

>look at how retarded I am
the post

why in the name of fuck do you need 9 USB ports

All of those have cringy designs and prints all over the motherboard.

ITT: /v/ can't comprehend aesthetics

Attached: 1507330540607.jpg (660x546, 326K)

But what would millennials look at when they're not pretending to work?

You can also take the plastic shroud off if you want it to look even more simple.

You're welcome.

Attached: gigabyte-x399-designare-ex.jpg (1080x1303, 1.11M)

>If you don't spend over $125 on mobos they tend not to have RGB below that point.
But without rgb what would you have to keep you alert whilst you capped in the dark of night pasted your bed time?

disgusting, inefficient heatsinks, on both the VRM and what used to be called the southbridge. Zero fucking fin area, and its all because of fashion and muh arr gee bee.

Keyboard
Mouse
Printer
Scanner
UPS link
Flash drive
Hotswap hard drive connector
SD card reader
Bluray drive / cellphone charger

fucking retard, fuck off and die

everything is USB nowadays, retarded fuck, fuck you, I wish I could punch you in the face for asking such a horrendously stupid braindead question in 2018

+ Bluetooth dongle
+ game controller and/or dongle
+ webcam
+ 5 more HDD enclosures

Attached: 1377839959499.jpg (459x439, 27K)

No, those are good heatsinks with a lot of surface area and there's no RGB on them at all. The VRMs stay under 60 at all times. And the chipset hasn't even needed a heatsink at all in a long time due to process shrinks and how much less power they use. You can run any of them bare without temperatures ever being an issue.

Anything else?

Attached: 8385_83_gigabyte-x399-designare-ex-motherboard-review_full.jpg (1280x960, 78K)

>Keyboard
>Mouse
>Printer
>Scanner
>UPS link
Sure
>Flash drive
>Hotswap hard drive connector
>SD card reader
>Bluray drive / cellphone charger
Why the fuck would you connect this stuff at the BACK of your PC?

Only retard buyfags have their ports at the back.

Attached: 1530064274929.jpg (713x611, 62K)

>what are extension cords

/thread

all these boards have programmable lighting that can be disabled in 2 clicks. the LED's add pennies in cost. basically kys

>look at intel boards
>all rgb
Shitty meme.

Attached: asus_ws_x299_sage_workstation_1387611.jpg (2500x2500, 994K)

>>Anything else?
Yeah, you're full of shit for arguing that a heatsink thats merely adequate is acceptable when it could be better if only compromises weren't made in the name of fashion. As a plus side, exposed fins instead of a large flat-topped area on the southbridge sink would leave no room for that fugly branding garbage. There is zero excuse for heatsinks to not look like this, even if they don't need the extra cooling capacity. They're cheaper to make, work better, and look better.

Attached: 1332370607344.jpg (225x251, 25K)

>locked base clock and retarded load-line calibration
lol
Also, worst RAM latency in all X399 boards, especially with the latest BIOS "update". I know because I have one. Gigabyte, never again.

>Gigabyte, never again.
this

intel makes hardware for business users and amd for gamer children. no one wants or needs leds in a workstation

What the hell are you talking about. I've got a z270 board with zero rgb, just the basic shit

Nah, fuck you. He's bang on. The alloy blocks with cut slots and heat pipes are not only adequate, but more than adequate to do the job they're designed for.
You're just a drop-kick contrarian who doesn't like the fact they can also be designed to look good, because that's not how you think they should look. Infact, that's your whole argument. "Stop liking what I don't like!"

They look exactly the opposite of good

>not impressing clients with flashing computer lights of massive computations.

Attached: 1504172832486.webm (1280x720, 2.91M)

You just described pic related here

Bought an open box asus z170 board for 50$ micro center open box, quit being the biggest poorfag in Jow Forums history and work for your shit. Kys plz

Why do I need 2 Ethernet ports?
Also what is the mint green usb port at the back?

>Why do I need 2 Ethernet ports?
port pairing and/or linking into 2 different networks simultaneously.

Depending on what u get all the stuff I've dabbled with I totally turned ofd

Fractal Design windowless cases.

usb 3.1 gen 2

and a type c version next to it

the most recent z370 boards have this

A variant (X99-E-10G WS) of the X99 version had dual 10G LANs

Type c is for brainlets
>fixing something that didn't need fixing

>Port goes bad instead of just the cable, have to send phones and computers back to apple to replace them or buy new ones
Never trust anything apple had any say in

fujitsu makes boards for autists like you

Attached: Fujitsu S26361-D2542-A10.jpg (1523x801, 508K)

You are a hunter with vision acutely tuned to see through dense foliage and spot bright red apples.

Embrace the RGB

it should be inside a case 24/7 unless you are a fag with tempered glass/plastic windows

Brainlet here, just give me a decent pc in the 500-800$ range, thanks in advance.

>type in provantage.com in your web browser
>search dell precision
>place order