>flash bios
>update bios
>uninstall drivers
>reinstall drivers
>install new PSU
>still crashes

>reinstall windows
>it just works
why the fuck didn't AMD just tell us to do this?

Attached: 1510937005792.png (512x512, 239K)

>weeb makes a pointless thread
epic

That's your configuration problem, not AMD's You probably left some old drivers

Windows sucking dick isn't AMD's fault.

>switch to ryzen from intel
how does that work? did you make a custom motherboard?

I used that driver cleaning tool in safe mode like everyone said but it didn't help.
only a fresh install.
It actually pisses me off, I spent a lot of money on my 1600 upgrade at launch because I needed an AM4 socket MOBO and DDR4 ram.
It took until last week for me to fix it, all that time I was having constant crashes.
Not to mention the money wasted on the power supply I didn't need.
AMD needs to get its shit together.
windows doesn't care if you switch motherboards anymore.

I haven't reinstalled windows since Vista.
Windows resets the install counter every time you in line upgrade to a new version though.

>windows sucks
>loonix sucks even harder
FFFFFFFFUUUUUUAAAARRRKK

> he doesn't think chipset drivers are important

yes they do lmao, each windows installation is configured for the motherboard it's originally installed on.

>windows doesn't care if you switch motherboards anymore.
Well you're clearly wrong about that

It was your own fault and you are as bad as that youtuber that was posted around here that bitched about problems until he did a fresh install. It is always best to start fresh if you are having such a drastic hardware change since driver cleaners aren't 100% foolproof in cleaning up problems.

>not doing a fresh install on mobo/cpu change
kys aspie cucktard

Please stop using pictures of my wife Ryfa for you hoax, intel shill.

Are you fucking retarded? You always have to reinstall windows when switching hardware.

Yes it does. This is marketing bullshit. You need to reinstall windows each time you change motherboards if you want it to fucking work properly.

I switched from an AM3 Phenom II x4 965 to an LGA 1150 i5-4690k on the same installation with no priming aside from uninstalling some drivers beforehand, booted the thing up and after windows 7 was done going ballistic with auto-installing drivers, everything performed as expected with no problems.

And that was a pretty major switch, 2 different platforms from two different companies from wildly different time periods.

Not saying this will always work as smoothly for anyone else doing it, but it did for me.

anime website

AMD sucks

>windows problems
>blames amd

I'd honestly never consider not reinstalling windows when changing CPU, even if going from intel to intel

>What is UEFI
>What is secure boot mechanism
>Why does the windows HAL care
go figure this shit out on your own. Ive already spent half a lifetime fucking with it.

I'm upgrading from Phenom II X4 to Ryzen and don't even reinstall windows, using Paragon Adaptive Restore.

A weeb being a weeb. Nothing new.

Kinda obvious to reinstall your os when you make a major hardware change

so
>intel chipset drivers tamper with amd hardware
what a fucking surprise.
Though I had no problems migrating my windows 7 installation from ivy bridge to ryzen, maybe it's just me not being a retard or intel not being as salty in that time.

>I used that driver cleaning tool in safe mode like everyone said but it didn't help.
Found your problem, didn't "clean" anything with bullshitware and it just werks.

Well why would you want to wipe everything if you can just switch and it works without problems? And to install windows 7 on ryzen you need to integrate xhci usb controller drivers in distro which is extra work (well it was extra work before ryzen got popular, now you can download ryzen ready isos)

>if you can just switch and it works without problems?
As OP and a few other cases have proven, that isn't going to always be the case. Is far better to be safe than risk stability just because you didn't want to spend an hour reinstalling things.

I can't recall any hard crashes since I got my 1600. Most of the soft ones, to call them, were back when I was on 1607 LTSB where their shitty slide up lock screen would slide up and not show the login prompt so I would have to reboot.
I'm on Enterprise 1803 now and it's smooth as ass cheeks.

This is 100% windows problems.
On Gentoo what you would've done was to reconfigure and recompile your kernel, enabling support for your new hardware and disabling support for your old hardware.
How anyone on this board can use an operating system that can't rebuild itself from source is completely beyond me.

Attached: 1514644801804.png (1602x1128, 2.14M)

>windows doesn't care if you switch motherboards anymore
Yeah, you could experience it not caring first hand.

You always reinstall Windows after changing mobos retard.

Are you fucking retarded

CLEARLY

Linux is likely to shit itself just switching between Nvidia and AMDGPU due to the Nvidia drivers being proprietary.

are you fucking retarded?
Have you considered the possibility that maybe because you're using a different chipset may affect your OS?
stay on intel faggot, you're blaming AMD for a thing they're not to blame for.
also consider kys since you're a weeb

>windows doesn't care if you switch motherboards anymore

Attached: 1510521134152.jpg (800x800, 104K)

Epyc*

>yes they do lmao, each windows installation is configured for the motherboard it's originally installed on.
This is some macfag "special RAM" level of myth.

Show your nose