Redpill me on why ps is bad, cuz i really dont see it

Redpill me on why ps is bad, cuz i really dont see it.

Attached: powershell-wmi1.jpg (1118x628, 55K)

Its Microsoft

So is VS code, you point being?

What's your point being? No one brought up VS but you, shill.

Install gentoo.

Powershell is literally better version of cmd.

Powershell is pretty good.

It's tied to .NET when it should be an independent OS component for multiple reasons.

>Using Windows
These people...
Unbelievable.

It's commands are extremely verbose and unintuitive. Objects as return values are cool and all, but if I can't find what fields those objects have without executing that command once in the shell I'd rather have text streams. The manual not being installed by default is absolutely retarded. The manual installer is also buggy, it has crashed multiple times on me now.

It's a decent tool, but not for niche it's trying to fill. For that, it's overkill and way too complicated.

The syntax is verbose and ugly. It's easier to write fucking C# that does what you want than it is to write powershell. We only use it because a bunch of exchange/office shit only exposes its scripting via powershell.

badly designed command language

What manual are you talking about?

It's definitely becoming better, and ps1 is quite powerful. I agree on verbose though

Attached: Screenshot - 2018-06-27 , 3_26_17 PM.jpg (838x702, 133K)

not 100% compatible with cmd
slow

Yes, it's better than cmd, however it's not better than a Linux terminal.

It
starts
slow

This

Get-Help, that one. Try running it with an actual command. It doesn't tell you anything unless you install the manual files.

t
.....h
.............i
.....................s
..........................................................very much this

/thread

Lmao why do proprietarylets always bring up unrelated stuff?

Powershell is a powerful tool for ineffective attempts at stopping Windows from doing bad things.

Attached: 1523726342487.jpg (800x800, 82K)

>Redpill me on...

Not really "bad", but I don't like it anyway, here's why:

"PowerShell is not some fantastic new way of administering Windows machines, it's just a consolidated, remoteable scripting environment. It does absolutely nothing that NetSh, WMIC, DISM and VBScript (and RDP) can't. This should be all hunky-dory, and in a way solves Microsoft constantly moving the goalposts with system deployment and configuration lately: in the space of Windows Vista, 7 and 8, they went through three ways of preparing WIMs (PEImg, ImageX and DISM), and two ways of doing package management (OCSetup and DISM) - none of them compatible with each other, and absolutely nothing stopping MS from making them so. No, what's galling is that they're now ripping out tools and interfaces, some of which have been there since NT 4.0 and have 20 years of tested scripts using them - now you cop a half-screen banner in NetSh saying how it's deprecated and might be removed in the future; ImageX 'works', but you don't know if it's silently trashing your captured WIMs, as it's 'unsupported'; OCSetup just kicks you out with a 'use DISM' message. It's easy to pine for the MS of old, where backcompat (right down to batch files) was king, and they introduced new tools only when there were completely new features to configure. This 'new' Microsoft seems to have caught the freetard bug of 'let's abandon this entire toolchain we created and debugged for decades, for the next shiny thing over there!' - and nobody who's actually SEEN where this attitude leads likes it."

It's not. I wish more shells adopted object-oriented approach.

git bash > powershell >>>>>>>>>>>> cmd

But .Net well soon be the OS.

I'd very much use it as a replacement for cmd if it didn't take 2 minutes to load