Sup Jow Forums, I've recently taken an interest in old cassette players...

Sup Jow Forums, I've recently taken an interest in old cassette players, I'm trying to find a good one that's also cheap as fuck. Was looking at the sony tcm-359v, but dunno how good the quality is or if it even has stereo. What are some good options besides killing myself?

No, I'm not here from guardians of the galaxy, fucking retards made a beautiful walkman expensive as shit.

Attached: sony-tps-l2_cat-2.jpg (397x500, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

walkman-archive.com/articles/which-walkman-sounds-best-01.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>mfw I encounter a boomer

Just kys cassette is obsolete and inferior.

Attached: 1529885754589.png (620x433, 471K)

That is purely subjective. Cassette has a warm sound that you'll never get on digital. Also just fuck off if you aren't gonna answer the question

walkman-archive.com/articles/which-walkman-sounds-best-01.html

Maybe this could help

My Sony TCM2 is pretty awesome except for occasional buzzing. I've picked up so many drone releases and having a collection of tapes >feelsgoodman.jpg

OP, Sony's naming scheme is:
TCM: Voice memo recorders, mono
TCS: multipurpose stereo recorders, they play music ok.
WM-: First walkmen. Pretty good in general
WM-F: Walkmen with FM radio
WM-DD: Direct drive walkmen, they sound awesome but have a dreaded "clicking" problem, which means you'll have to replace/fix a gear that splits in half.
WM-D: Professional walkmen. Expect to pay up the nose for them. Best of them all
WM-fx: plasticky 90s shit. Avoid.
Yeah, so awesome you don't even notice it's a fucking mono recorder designed for voice notes. Fucking hipsters. Do you record tapes off your Crosley Cruiser using the built in mic too? I bet you love that "analog" sound.

Walkmans are overpriced
I'd go for an AIWA instead

Attached: lz05i.jpg (1024x768, 35K)

OP here

I don't necessarily want a walkman, just any good playin cassette player that has stereo, rewind and a little neat window for the cassettes. Bonus points for speed control.

Well then. AIWA (Pre-Sony) and Sony are pretty much your only choices these days. Things to look for are metal flywheels, amorphous heads and metal casings. Completely avoid any Aiwa past the Sony adquisition, they turned the brand into their low end bitch. You can tell by the logo, if it's the cool old AIWA logo (see: ), it's probably fine. If it's the 90's curvy shit logo, it's a low end Sony. Pic is the best cassette player I've ever had, an AIWA HS-G35. Really well built, extremely stable speed, big honkin' flywheels and an EQ for those emergency situations where all you have is a shitty recording on a TDK D. Sadly the drive motor on it completely died after 30 years of service.

Attached: aiwahs-g35.preview.jpg (500x450, 31K)

Mane that AIWA looks absolutely bitchin'. I'm looking on our version of craigslist/ebay and I found a Siemens RM 825 from 1986 and a Toshiba KT S1 for 10 bucks each. Are they any good?

I have quite a few, WM-DD seems to be hipster crack, got mine for $40.

Your headphones are what makes a Walkman sound good anyway.

Attached: 1BBBA7AC-8516-44D0-84BF-A744C435E224.jpg (800x384, 86K)

got one for 2$ at goodwill. plays music on the go. works fine

I ordered the Toshiba kt-s1, downside is it uses 4 AA batteries and they usually last less than 2 hours. What could I do to lengthen the listening time? I will actually probably use it the way it was intended to, but 2 hours for 4 batteries is a bit low innit

I think it was a desirable model before reddit got to them.

Only retard boomers would consider coloured sound superior.

Attached: boomer_willis.jpg (300x168, 23K)

While I would like the charm of having one again, they're so inconvenient to use.

I'm never going back.

>call dullness and lack of mids and highs warm sound
it's purely nostalgia. There's nothing wrong with that, though you can 100% replicate that

tfw I'd like to get into and enjoy this kind of tech but it's impossible due to the country I live in, which everyone shares the same logic of "if it's old, it must cost a fortune"

Attached: 1515689544065.gif (318x400, 538K)

I've been away from Jow Forums for quite some time. Is boomer the new cool word? What happened to basedboys?

go to goodwill thrift stores
find some for $3
also, cassette is total shit

Smells like onions.

Hipster thread.

Nigga, is you tarded? Even before Guardians of the Galaxy, audio cassettes went back into production. They are poised to outsell vinyl and are already outselling CDs (though only boomers still buy those)

Audio cassettes are the new hipster millennial trend and normies are picking it up too because of Guardians (the soundtrack to the first movie sold over 10,000 copies on audio cassette)

Yeah, it's the new retarded forced meme where anyone over 30 is called a boomer, despite the fact that I'm 36 and was literally born on the first official "millennial" birthday (1/1/82, turned 18 new years 2000)

Cassette is obviously inferior and difficult, not as good as CD, etc.

But I still like tapes. Cassette deck component with a headphone jack is better than a Walkman in most cases esepcially becuase everyone is overpricing 80s walkmen now....

portable vinyl however....that would be cool to have...

Attached: sonypsf5.jpg (528x960, 23K)

I have a "my first walkman" and honestly it sounds pretty good. Only have 2 cassettes though

I think it's making fun of how no one on Jow Forums knows when the generations start. People here used millennial too much as an insult despite most people on Jow Forums being millennials. You still get people who don't know the difference between Gen Z and millennial even though they could look it up in 5 seconds.l

Get a minidisc player instead. 40+ hour playback on a single AA.